2000 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

$14,999–$17,499 MSRP range
side view of 2000 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2000 Hyundai Sonata

very decent vechile

car i borrowed from my friend shop while on repair is mine toyota and this one manual sonata has 449 000 on clock but car is very good looked after no single issue and good miage despite how heavy body is for 2000 model takes longer to change from 1 gear to go faster but is great used car im consider get it

3.3

Decent car

Good for what it is. Not gonna go super fast or anything like that but she has a little power. Also cheap parts for it.

Most Reliable Car Ive Owned

I bought this car used in 2008 and this is the most reliable car I've owned. No mechanical trouble, except machines going out for the automatic windows, and the brakes maintenance now and then. The car was dependable performance in all weather. Mine has a sunroof, which I love to cruis and listen to music with the sunroof open. Very god gas mileage. I rarely have to refill motor oil, which is a shocker. Excellent value!

3.3

Most Reliable Car I've driven

My Hyundai Sonata GLS is a very great car. It has over 211,000 miles on it, and I have no doubts in it. It is very low on the comfort level for me, but since this is my first car, I am only looking for it to get me from point A, to point B. Now, the engine is very impressive to me. It accelerates VERY fast. It gets great gas milage as well. Overall, I would highly reccomend this car, or better yet, this brand overall.

one of the best cars ive had!

I got my 2000 hyundai sonata gls in 2005. i had the car for three years got it with 120,000 miles. when i was done it had 230,000 miles never had a problem. the car has alot of power to. compared to the 2004 impala i had this car was amazing.the gas milege was great. the only down side is the radio is week. but in my opinon i give this car 9 out of 10.

3.6

Very reliable and economical car

I bought my Sonata GLS in 2002 - 2 years old and 25,000 miles. It now has 63,000 miles and is going on 9 years old. Day in and day out, it starts and runs fine. I have done my part in maintaining and repairing when necessary - not very often has it needed repairs - usual stuff - brakes, wheel bearing, tune-up, etc. The Sonata has rewarded us with reliability, solid quiet ride and good fuel economy. I would buy another Hyundai.

4.1

Great Value!!

I purchased the car 7 years ago at 10k and it's now around 100K, the car has great performance, excellent gas millage and very comfortable. The Hyundai dealers are excellent and do many things for free under Goodwill warranty including the subframe issue mentioned below in one of the reviews, they also gave me a loaner car for free even that my original warranty expired.

1.3

lousy car

I purchased my 2000 hyundai used in 2001 .The car had 10000 miles on it . With a pretty good track record until 162000 miles when i discovered that the subframe had completely rotted out of the car , mind you the car is only 8 years old what a joke i would not recomend this car or a hyundai to anyone period . To think that you keep your car in excellent mechanical condition only to have the fram e rot right out from underneath you i think its time to go back to ford sorry hyundai

4.4

Great Car, Great Gas Milleage!!

My wife bought this car in Texas in 2003, before we met. It's been a great car, with only one trip to the dealer for the timing belt sensor (with the belt also), but that is considered normal maintenance. I've been impressed with the handling and I've been getting about 27mpg on the highway to and from work. We have 67,000 miles on it currently. I'd recommend this car to others.

4.4

Very reliable car, I only drive Hyundai now!

Love this car, the Hyundai line of cars is a true leader. When I first drove the car I could tell that the power and smooth ride were above average. I have had Honda and Toyota, which are both great cars as well, but the cost value is far greater in this car!