2002 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

$15,499–$15,999 MSRP range
side view of 2002 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2002 Sonata Hyundai
Shop the 2002 Sonata Hyundai

I love my Hyundai. Comfortable good looking great.

I feel rich when I drive it Like everything about it Smooth ride Fast Yummy looking Every one wants it My friend said its comparable to a Lexus Or Mercedes

This car is very reliable and comfortable.

This car met all of my needs. I am selling it , because I can't afford it right now and I don't drive much now.

4.4

Great Sedan for the Money!!!

Great Car for the money! V-6 is smooth and has more than enough power. 200,000 miles + is no problem with this car. Keep it maintained and you will get way more than your money's worth!!! ! AAAAAAA++++++++

This is one of the most dependable cars, I've had!

This car is a good dependable car, that gets you to where you are going, pretty fast! I love how the car rides. I just love it!

Most reliable car I've ever driven.

I've owned and been issued many company cars during the 64 years I've been driving and this 2002 Hyundai Sonata V6 outshines them all. It's been virtually maintenance-free. I purchased it new and have been so satisfied we now have 4 Hyundais in our immediate family.

Still going strong at 250,000 miles!

We drove this vehicle for 250,000 miles over the past 15 years, and the only thing beyond regular maintenance that we had to replace was an alternator a few months before we gave the car to our grandchildren (when we purchased a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe). We did our part by maintaining it, but the car delivered. When we gave it away, we were getting around 30 mpg. It was comfortable, had plenty of power when needed, and was easy to drive. If you can get one of these used, it would be a wise purchase.

3.3

I did test dive this car

the car was a nice test dive, I am thinking of buy it for one of my kids soon. and I have a friend who he said that it has been the most reliable car ever! Never broke down or left him stranded. The only thing he said was that he had to do to the car is a new timing belt, water pump, and tensioner every 60k and a transmission service every 30k. If you keep up on the maintenance he said that the cars run forever and wont let you down. Its nice because your getting the reliability of a Honda or Toyota at a fraction of the price! so you do not have to pay what you pay for a Honda or Toyota....

Best car I've ever owned

Reliable vehicle that has been well maintained. No rust and no accidents, a great second car for the family or teenager.

4.3

Sonata, aptly named

For nearly 15 years I drove this little car for everything; commuting, pleasure, shopping. During these years it never graced repair shops except for regular maintenance; consequently I never gave it much thought 'til last week. Engine light came on. Michael at All Star Hyundai said...3 little leaks, not big enough to leave tell tale drip on the floor. It would be expensive to fix so I gave it some thought. This could be the first to a series of repair visits I thought...the car is quite old after all. Silently I said thank you and sadly said goodbye...to my little car.

Best car EVER

Bought it new in 2002 and still have it . Would buy another when needed. The car is in great shape.i love it.