2003 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

$15,499–$19,374 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2003 Hyundai Sonata

Reliable and comfortable

We used this car for commuting to work, traveling, around town.... and then passed it to our daughter in law school..... and e bought another Sonata!

3.9

Fast Car

The car is good the dtyle I bought this vehicle used it state LXV6 but vin say GLS do not car a great car I had a NISSAN FRONTIER that was total due to rear end saw this car with low miles and one owner made a good choice for a car

Most reliable starter car.

This was my first car. Very easily to understand this car. Got me everywhere I needed to be with no problems. A lot of leg room front/back.

Very low-maintenance no major mechanical issues

I just love the smooth ride I get with it. The fact that I've had it five years and no major issues.. very reliable very economical

2.9

My First Midsize Sedan!

Coming from Sub-compact cars like Corolla/Sentra this is very comfortable, All the space I can ask for a sedan I'm satisfied! w/ leather excellent condition! 50k miles on it bought it almost 13k w/ processing fee back in '07. Auto w/sequential 4sp, tranny doesn't catch up so better leave it as auto itself. It had interior door recall so glad it was changed! What messed up is the dealership I bought it slowly counting it days to break down those techs can't figure out the problem w/ diagnostic if it's a Fuel Filter, a MAF then AC freon lost, stupid tech got the freon inside the car's cabin. This car is not for everybody better get the modern one's but I'll always pass this car for a Camry or Accord. So if you figure this car out, I didn't. The O/C on this is not as simple as most cars do. Avoid Dealership Oil Changes They don't change the oil I find out because I check! It looks like a Jaguar on Rear and Mercedes on Front. Best operational Sunroof no leaks! always use it! Seats no question fake wooden panels surround if feels like Airline seats behind maybe First class! Huge trunk. very happy bout that! Acceleration? it lags! I put riced Air intake on it. w/c mess my MAF then I put back the original intake and then changed the O2 sensor on the MAF. Fuel ratio fluctuates. Spend on Starter too owned it almost 6 years.

Excellent performance with 33MPG.

I have used this car for transportation and to do part-time job. Sometimes I have been to trips nearby with friends and family. I like the engine pick-up when we accelerate, extraordinary V6 engine.

4.0

Very Reliable and value for money

This car has been a very reliable vehicle. There is low maintenance except regular maintenance and servicing. Good mileage and lots of cargo space for its class.

3.3

Its pretty good for the price.

I've owned this car for 5 years and it has been very good to me. Only needed to have repairs done about 2 or 3 times. Very Comfortable and is fairly reliable.

4.1

Wouldn't pick another

Ran great, over 200k miles. Lots of spaces for driver & passengers. Overall a great car for little money that last a long time.

Best car I've ever owned

I have a little over 100,000 miles on my car and its still running great. No major problems with it as long as you keep up with routine maintenance. Looking to buy another one soon.