2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2010 Hyundai Sonata
4.5
Average based on 20 reviews

Most stylish family car I've ever owned

by from Lawton, Ok on July 20, 2010

I can't say I've ever owned a car that was fit for a family and had a racy look to it. The automatic transmission can be put in the manual mode in seconds. The car is a four door and has plenty of room in the back seating area. The trunk has generous amount of space for traveling with a family.

Affordable, Reliable, Safe, BEST value

by from VA on July 10, 2010

Roomy interior; ample head and leg room for 6'1"tall people; 4 cylinder needs more power but gets good mileage 31mpg city/highway average; outside mirrors should fold in, and center arm rest is hard; BUT saved $5k over similar competitor cars; has 5 yr/60k bumper to bumper and 10yr/100k mile transmission warranty -nobody beats that combination AND still save $5k; traction control, stability control, 4 wheel ABS, even partially made in USA!! Just needs an OnStar like system to be complete.

Great Value!

by from Chicago Suburbs on March 16, 2010

I purchased my 2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS about 1 month ago. So far, I am extremely happy with the car. My previous 3 cars were Accords, but I had a more limited budget this time around, and the Sonata gave me much more car for the money than the other cars I shopped. With the 2011s coming out, I got a great deal on my 2010 model. The seats are extremely comfortable, and the driving position is quite natural. Back seat room is more than adequate, as is the trunk space. Some nice features are the prop-less hood (it stays open without the prop rod), the great-sounding stereo w/iPod and USB connections standard, the convenient location of the interior gas and trunk opener buttons(on the door, not the floor), very intuitive A/C controls, and covered storage to keep the interior looking neat. It's not a sports car, and it doesn't handle like one. But it is a very quiet and comfortable driving/riding car. This is my first Hyundai, and I have a feeling it will not be my last. And of course, Hyundai's very long warranty was a nice selling point, too. I hope I never need it!

Hyundai brand is very classy and reliable

by from Irvine, Ky on June 15, 2010

I purchased my 2010 Hyundai Sonata about 3 months ago (used). My previous car was a 2000 Hyundai Elantra. I love the Hyundai cars. The Sonata while only about 7 inches bigger in the wheel base is actually a much bigger car. Still trying to get used to that. Love the ability to shift to another gear manually even though it's an automatic. Unfortunately, my car doesn't have all the available options and I wish it did. But over all, a great car!

Hyundai Sonata

by from Long Island on May 10, 2010

I got a LTD with power everything, heated leather seats, dual climate control and a remote start. XM radio I got a really really great deal the 2011 was in the showroom and the 2010s had lots of incentives. Plenty of legroom in front and back and I get 32mgh highway mileage. Downside no Bluetooth

New to me but great

by from Jamestown, NY on June 18, 2012

Great car runs fine and, great milage and the styling is wonderful I will tradeit in if I canfind a newer car of the same class

Best Value Conscious Mid/Full Car

by from Southern California on March 12, 2013

I love my 2010 Sonata. If Hyundai isn't already one of the most trusted car companies it will be soon. Right up there with Honda and Toyota. This is a solid car. Literally zero complaints. Great pick up, most 4 cylinders suck and feel cheap, this one does not. Great handling. Large interior that is stylish. Huge trunk. No problems in 3 years. I'm sure Accord and Camry are great cars but they are way more pricey. I used to drive an Audi A4 which I loved but had to downgrade for a more affordable payment. I was very surprised how good this car was for 2/3 the price of the A4. See for yourself, drive one.

So far so good

by from Wheaton, IL on May 11, 2011

Purchased in February 11, have driven it 2000 miles thus far. At this point in time I am very happy overall with the purchase.

NO KEY-HOLE

by from Grandview, Missouri on March 15, 2010

I love my Sonata. It's has a nice ride. Not use to going in my trunk without a key. (SMILE) No key-hole.

Love My Sonata

by from Dallas, TX on September 2, 2012

This is a reliable, comfortable, easy to drive, and good looking car. I recommend it highly. Take a test drive before you buy any other car.