Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2010 Sonata

2010 Hyundai Sonata

2010 Hyundai Sonata

Have You Driven the 2010 Hyundai Sonata?

Most stylish family car I've ever owned

by George C. MacGirvin from Lawton, Ok on Tue Jul 20 2010

I can't say I've ever owned a car that was fit for a family and had a racy look to it. The automatic transmission can be put in the manual mode in seconds. The car is a four door and has plenty of room in the back seating area. The trunk has generous amount of space for traveling with a family.

Best Value Conscious Mid/Full Car

by Affordable Car Guy from Southern California on Tue Mar 12 2013

I love my 2010 Sonata. If Hyundai isn't already one of the most trusted car companies it will be soon. Right up there with Honda and Toyota. This is a solid car. Literally zero complaints. Great pick up, most 4 cylinders suck and feel cheap, this one does not. Great handling. Large interior that is stylish. Huge trunk. No problems in 3 years. I'm sure Accord and Camry are great cars but they are way more pricey. I used to drive an Audi A4 which I loved but had to downgrade for a more affordable payment. I was very surprised how good this car was for 2/3 the price of the A4. See for yourself, drive one.

Hyundai brand is very classy and reliable

by Shella from Irvine, Ky on Tue Jun 15 2010

I purchased my 2010 Hyundai Sonata about 3 months ago (used). My previous car was a 2000 Hyundai Elantra. I love the Hyundai cars. The Sonata while only about 7 inches bigger in the wheel base is actually a much bigger car. Still trying to get used to that. Love the ability to shift to another gear manually even though it's an automatic. Unfortunately, my car doesn't have all the available options and I wish it did. But over all, a great car!

Great Value!

by DonB from Chicago Suburbs on Tue Mar 16 2010

I purchased my 2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS about 1 month ago. So far, I am extremely happy with the car. My previous 3 cars were Accords, but I had a more limited budget this time around, and the Sonata gave me much more car for the money than the other cars I shopped. With the 2011s coming out, I got a great deal on my 2010 model. The seats are extremely comfortable, and the driving position is quite natural. Back seat room is more than adequate, as is the trunk space. Some nice features are the prop-less hood (it stays open without the prop rod), the great-sounding stereo w/iPod and USB connections standard, the convenient location of the interior gas and trunk opener buttons(on the door, not the floor), very intuitive A/C controls, and covered storage to keep the interior looking neat. It's not a sports car, and it doesn't handle like one. But it is a very quiet and comfortable driving/riding car. This is my first Hyundai, and I have a feeling it will not be my last. And of course, Hyundai's very long warranty was a nice selling point, too. I hope I never need it!

So far so good

by Fomer Honda Accord Owner from Wheaton, IL on Wed May 11 2011

Purchased in February 11, have driven it 2000 miles thus far. At this point in time I am very happy overall with the purchase.

Hyundai Sonata

by Micky G from Long Island on Mon May 10 2010

I got a LTD with power everything, heated leather seats, dual climate control and a remote start. XM radio I got a really really great deal the 2011 was in the showroom and the 2010s had lots of incentives. Plenty of legroom in front and back and I get 32mgh highway mileage. Downside no Bluetooth

NO KEY-HOLE

by Nice Gray from Grandview, Missouri on Mon Mar 15 2010

I love my Sonata. It's has a nice ride. Not use to going in my trunk without a key. (SMILE) No key-hole.

Did a lot of research. Glad I did. Best Car !

by Hawaii12 from on Sun Apr 09 2017

I love my Sonata. A little hard on gas but very reliable. Quiet on the road. Stable in windy conditions. I take mine to the dealer for warranty work and oil changes. only needed new brakes and regular maintenance.

New to me but great

by footpro from Jamestown, NY on Mon Jun 18 2012

Great car runs fine and, great milage and the styling is wonderful I will tradeit in if I canfind a newer car of the same class

one of my best car, i love it so must..

by Frank walter from Denver on Sun May 07 2017

still in good shape and enough comfortability you will definitely enjoy the car its lovely the money value isn't much, the exterior styling is nice the AC are working well the performance is okay...lemme just say overall the car is in good shape and good condition

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Hyundai Sonata

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2008 about the 2009 Hyundai Sonata. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Sometimes a car doesn't require a complete overhaul to bring it where it needs to be in the market, and that was the case with Hyundai's Sonata. Already competitively equipped in terms of safety and convenience features, the 2008 Sonata's main shortcoming was its interior styling, which was behind the times. With the Sonata's redesign for 2009, Hyundai solidly addresses this issue, delivering a sleekly styled cabin that features... Read More