2015 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2015 Hyundai Sonata
Average based on 67 reviews

A rental drive won me over.

by from OHIO on July 27, 2015

My previous car was a 2009 Sonata Limited. I bought it because it was a good value; reliable, had the great Hyundai warranty, and at the time it had a lot of features that the competition did not have. I also recognized when I bought it that it wasn't a particularly exciting car to drive. So, despite 103,000 reliable miles, when the time came to look for a replacement, the Sonata was not on my list. I had driven a Mazda 6, an Accord (I had previously owned 3), and a Legacy (still own a 2003 wagon) - all terrific cars. But when I rented a car to drive to the North Carolina Outer Banks for a vacation, the rental company gave me a 2015 Sonata SE. It only took me about 5 miles to realize that this was an entirely different car from my 2009. It handled much more tightly, was tomb-quiet, seats were amazingly comfortable, highway ride was terrific, interior design/fit were exemplary, controls were where they should be - everything just "fit" and "made sense." So, after putting 1200 miles on the rental, I knew the 2015 Sonata needed to be on my list. No, it was not as sporty to drive as either the Mazda 6 (which I loved) or the Accord, and it didn't have the AWD of the Legacy (really tempting here in Ohio). But where the 2009 Sonata won over just my head, the 2015 won over my heart as well. When the car is in the "Sport" drive mode setting, I get 90% of the handling buzz of the Mazda 6, whereas the 6's taut ride gives me only 60% of the Sonata's ride quality. It is a terrific road car with a very large trunk, and my wife and I were not "beaten up" after a long day of driving. Overall, the, Sonata was clearly the best car for us. And when the price we got from Hyundai was markedly better than on the other models, the deal was sealed. We are now happily driving a white 2.4 Limited (power is just fine, by the way - I drove the turbo and it is fun but overkill for us), averaging right at 30+ mpg in mixed driving, and we have every technological and safety feature (except AWD) we could want. The panoramic sunroof is awesome, and the gray leather interior is tasteful and easy to live with. Hyundai has taken some heat for making the 2015's exterior more conservative than the outgoing model. While looks are always subjective, I think the 2015 Sonata looks much more refined than the 2014 model and will age much better. If you are looking for a midsize sedan, there are a lot of good choices out there, so shop around. But don't overlook this car. It may not exactly fit your needs, but it surely fits ours. I am nearly 66, and this will be our "retirement trip" car for the next number of years. We are very happy with our purchase!

Love this car

by from Indianapolis, Indiana on August 3, 2015

I bought my Hyundai Sonata 2015 in April and I honestly can say there is not one thing that I dislike like about this car. I have owned SUV's, sports cars and luxury cars, and this one is at the top of my list. I traded in a 2015 Nissan Versa and as small as that car was, it did not come close to ride, mpg and class of this car. I drive 22 miles to work every day and average 38-42 mpg in this car. I am so excited to be taking this on a cross country trip to California in a month and see how it does on the open road. I love it and cannot say enough good things about it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car this size to test drive Hyundai. I also need not listen to anyone criticize me anymore for buying a car not built in the USA. this car is built in Montgomery, Al.

All Around Top Value !!

by from Waterbury, Ct. on September 1, 2015

Thank you Tony Bandishie at Watertown Hyundai for your wonderful assistance in selling us our new Hyundai Sonata Sport. Buying a new car, can be stressful, and you made the time fun! We love the vehicle. This is our 4th family Hyundai throughout the years and we would not purchase any other! The ride is smooth and solid, extremely attractive in appearance, interior sporty and current. You can't beat the warranty--No other company compares! Dick and Cindy--Waterbury, Ct.

Most Reliable car i ever owned.

by from Pa. on November 3, 2014

This is the Third Hyundai i owned, never had a problem with any of them, put a 100000 miles on every one, they all ran like a clock.

Power, Comfort, Style, Value = Sonata.

by from on June 28, 2016

We bought a Sonata Sport Turbo 2016 2.0 . I cant believe the power it has in such a small engine. It is quite. Comfortable, i could drive for hours in it. Fuel efficient.

this is buy far the best car I ever owned

by from New Bern N.C. on October 12, 2014

One beautifully car. I do not care for the store age compartment under the console. I like the one that is in the 2011 Sonata better ,Easer to sort items and get to.

WOW what a deal!

by from Madison Heights Mi. on October 24, 2014

We are in the position to downgrade our car payments. We had a VW CC, it was a nice car but our payment was mid 300's and the car was high to insure. We shopped and BAM! we found a 2015 Sonata Sport for less insurance costs and also reduced our payment almost $100 a month. The Sonata is a great value for the money. The cars looks are very sleek and modern, the car rides fantastic and the ergonomics are perfectly placed. The Sonata;s appearance appears to be a very high-line car is you did not know it was a Hyundai. We purchased from Suburban Hyundai in Troy, MI. The entire staff we have dealt with was professional entertaining, and we had an overall fantastic experience. Our sales rep Joe B was easy to work with, flexible and had a sterling personality. I would highly recommend not just the Sonata but Suburban Hyundai.

Best "bang for the buck"

by from GA on April 8, 2015

The 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited is a great car. I have had Sonatas for the past 6 years. The '15 is an upgrade from what was already a very good automobile. Styling, economy and reliability are outstanding. The ride and interior noise could use some improvement but overall the Sonata is the best value on the road for the money.

EXCELLET

by from HOUSTON on November 22, 2014

I LOVE THIS CAR BETTER THAN THE 2014. MORE SPACE IN THE BACK SEATS. THE SEATS ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THEN THE 2014. THE TRUNK HAS MORE SPACE. LOVE THIS CAR

Sonata engineering and manufacturing high point

by from Bettendorf, Iowa on January 22, 2016

Looking at car reviews on Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, USA Today, and US News & World Report in the heavily populated 'mid-sized car' category lead me to discover the Sonata. It's a great car that has excellent interior appointments, easily connects to iPhone, good acceleration, and an improving reliability history. Hyundai has aggressively pursued increased market share with their best selling vehicle, the Sonata. Looking at the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Subaru Legacy, Mazda 6, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu, and Ford Fusion, I concluded in agreement with US News...the 2015 Sonata is the best Mid-sized Car for the Money. I purchased the 2015 Sonata SE w/ Popular Equipment Package. The warranty and included 5 year road-side assistance sealed the deal.