2015 Sonata

2015 Hyundai Sonata

2015 Hyundai Sonata

Have You Driven the 2015 Hyundai Sonata?

A rental drive won me over.

by Second Time Buyer from OHIO on Mon Jul 27 2015

My previous car was a 2009 Sonata Limited. I bought it because it was a good value; reliable, had the great Hyundai warranty, and at the time it had a lot of features that the competition did not have. I also recognized when I bought it that it wasn't a particularly exciting car to drive. So, despite 103,000 reliable miles, when the time came to look for a replacement, the Sonata was not on my list. I had driven a Mazda 6, an Accord (I had previously owned 3), and a Legacy (still own a 2003 wagon) - all terrific cars. But when I rented a car to drive to the North Carolina Outer Banks for a vacation, the rental company gave me a 2015 Sonata SE. It only took me about 5 miles to realize that this was an entirely different car from my 2009. It handled much more tightly, was tomb-quiet, seats were amazingly comfortable, highway ride was terrific, interior design/fit were exemplary, controls were where they should be - everything just "fit" and "made sense." So, after putting 1200 miles on the rental, I knew the 2015 Sonata needed to be on my list. No, it was not as sporty to drive as either the Mazda 6 (which I loved) or the Accord, and it didn't have the AWD of the Legacy (really tempting here in Ohio). But where the 2009 Sonata won over just my head, the 2015 won over my heart as well. When the car is in the "Sport" drive mode setting, I get 90% of the handling buzz of the Mazda 6, whereas the 6's taut ride gives me only 60% of the Sonata's ride quality. It is a terrific road car with a very large trunk, and my wife and I were not "beaten up" after a long day of driving. Overall, the, Sonata was clearly the best car for us. And when the price we got from Hyundai was markedly better than on the other models, the deal was sealed. We are now happily driving a white 2.4 Limited (power is just fine, by the way - I drove the turbo and it is fun but overkill for us), averaging right at 30+ mpg in mixed driving, and we have every technological and safety feature (except AWD) we could want. The panoramic sunroof is awesome, and the gray leather interior is tasteful and easy to live with. Hyundai has taken some heat for making the 2015's exterior more conservative than the outgoing model. While looks are always subjective, I think the 2015 Sonata looks much more refined than the 2014 model and will age much better. If you are looking for a midsize sedan, there are a lot of good choices out there, so shop around. But don't overlook this car. It may not exactly fit your needs, but it surely fits ours. I am nearly 66, and this will be our "retirement trip" car for the next number of years. We are very happy with our purchase!

Love this car

by Shasha21663 from Indianapolis, Indiana on Mon Aug 03 2015

I bought my Hyundai Sonata 2015 in April and I honestly can say there is not one thing that I dislike like about this car. I have owned SUV's, sports cars and luxury cars, and this one is at the top of my list. I traded in a 2015 Nissan Versa and as small as that car was, it did not come close to ride, mpg and class of this car. I drive 22 miles to work every day and average 38-42 mpg in this car. I am so excited to be taking this on a cross country trip to California in a month and see how it does on the open road. I love it and cannot say enough good things about it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car this size to test drive Hyundai. I also need not listen to anyone criticize me anymore for buying a car not built in the USA. this car is built in Montgomery, Al.

From Camry to Sonata ECO

by Tony from Charleston, IL on Thu Jun 16 2016

I am a long time driver of the Toyota Camry because of it stellar reliability and smooth ride. However, I recently bought a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Eco and I am quite impressed. The Sonata Eco feels quite composed on the road. The seats are comfortable and ride comfort is excellent. The 1.6L turbo with dual clutch transmission also makes it fun to drive. This car is fast, agile and economical. I am averaging around 35 mpg on highways at speeds between 75-80mph. I don't know about long term dependability because this is my first Hyundai, but the 10 year warranty is certainly nice to have. If you are in the market, take a look at the Sonata Eco. It is a very pleasant surprise.

Most Reliable car i ever owned.

by Jerry from Pa. on Mon Nov 03 2014

This is the Third Hyundai i owned, never had a problem with any of them, put a 100000 miles on every one, they all ran like a clock.

Better than I imagined!

by Impressed buyer from Kennewick WA on Mon Apr 25 2016

I took a road trip to Oregon from Washington state and rented a 2015 Sonata and fell in love with it, so much so that I told my friend that my next car would be a 2015 Sonata. I've had my car for a week now, I am very impressed with the mileage I've gotten just in town, I do a lot of driving throughout my week, I filled up a week ago yesterday and the gas light just came on today! My old car I would have had to fill up at least once by now. The other plus was how much space there is inside, I don't feel like I'm sitting on top of my passenger anymore, there is so much room! Absolutely LOVE this car and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Really Like This Car So Far

by John from Ohio on Fri Jul 10 2015

Have only had it for a few days and 222 miles on the odometer but do have a few early comments. Bought the Sport 2.0T white with black leather interior and few options. The build quality and attention to details is very good. The dash layout is simple and straight forward. Controls are easy to use when driving, good safety factor! Both front and rear seats are well padded and should be comfortable on long trips. Lots of leg room front and back. Although the 2.0T will probably never win a drag race with a Honda Accord V-6, It seems to have plenty of punch on the interstate and should have plenty of passing power on two lane highways which is what matters! If your looking for great fuel economy buy a Mazda 6 but if you like that extra power when you need it, you'll like this the car! I'm in my late 60's and was lucky to own a new 1968 GTO 350HP muscle car. Maybe that's why I gravitated toward this car. The only negative is the low profile 18" tires. If you use the recommended 34 psi of air pressure, the ride and handling is very pleasant and responsive. So far, I think Hyundai has built a very good car for the money along with a great warranty.

Best "bang for the buck"

by Zot from GA on Wed Apr 08 2015

The 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited is a great car. I have had Sonatas for the past 6 years. The '15 is an upgrade from what was already a very good automobile. Styling, economy and reliability are outstanding. The ride and interior noise could use some improvement but overall the Sonata is the best value on the road for the money.

EXCELLET

by LET from HOUSTON on Sat Nov 22 2014

I LOVE THIS CAR BETTER THAN THE 2014. MORE SPACE IN THE BACK SEATS. THE SEATS ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THEN THE 2014. THE TRUNK HAS MORE SPACE. LOVE THIS CAR

2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T

by Speedo from Akron, Ohio on Sat Feb 21 2015

Bought the new Sonata one month ago after turning in my 2013 Sonata SE 2.4. Test drove the new 2015 turbo and really enjoyed the test drive. The steering has been improved, suspension has been improved and enjoy the increase in power from the turbo. Averaging 24.5 mpg around town. This car is very comfortable, great acceleration, and much improved steering over the 2013 model.

am loving my car

by jamesbonnd12 from on Fri May 15 2015

The new Sonata is really nice and has a luxurious feel to it.The seat in the sport model is very comfortable and supportive. My favorite feature on the sonata is the Navigation and Blind spot detection. The navigation is very rich and fun of details when you need a road guidance for your trip.Finally,i will recommend this car to my friends and family because I think its a huge value for your money.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Our Take on the 2015 Hyundai Sonata

With its redesigned 2015 Sonata sedan, Hyundai has focused less on distinguishing design statements, and more on a clean, timeless, sophisticated design with detailed engineering and thoughtful features.

I've been noticing myself becoming more sensitive to noise each year, and the new Sonata is a welcome relief, soothing my auditory nerves (unlike my three tween/teen daughters) with its noticeable improvement in sound levels. That's not its only enhancement, however; it also has a new look and feel, inside and out.

Compare the 2015 and 2014 models side by side here.

The 2015
Hyundai Sonata is available in several versions, including SE, Sport, Sport 2.0T, Limited and... Read More