2018 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

Explore the 2018 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2018 Hyundai Sonata
3.7

Major oil issues

There should be a recall on this car. It uses pil like crazy. Every other week I have to add 1 to 2 quarts of oil. No leaks it is going somewhere it doesn't belong. This is the 2nd sonata that I've had to do this. Buyer beware. 1017 and 2018 models are terrible for this problem.

3.6

Excessive use of oil.

Excessive use of oil. Up to one quart of oil every 1000 miles. Hyundai knows they have a problem but will not address and make corrections.

This is the most Amazing car i own.

The car meet all my needs it also brought my confidence level high. I love this car and they found me the right. The leg room space is great too.

Love this car!!

This car is great!! Beautiful, comfortable and has the ability to connect directly to your phone. Love it!! This was the first car we test drove. The price was right and it has low mileage.

Most reliable vehicle I own

Car met my expectations. Has enough leg room runs amazing. I would recommend this vehicle to my friends and family. I love the car and color

Great car. Easy to afford and maintain

My 2018 Sonata SEL was a great car. I had it for 2 years and put 50,000 miles on it. Performance of the base 2.4 GDI was excellent for all around driving needs and returns excellent mpgs. I traded it for a 2021 Sonata SEL only because I wanted the tech on the newer car. My '18 Sonata ran and drove like new at trade-in time. Whomever buys it will be getting a very reliable car.

4.4

Packed with the latest technology

This car is quiet, comfortable, and stylish. It is a great value for the price we paid. The power is not that great, but it is adequate. We are most pleased with the lane keep assist and the auto hold feature.

I love it

It runs great, I’m told when their needs work on my car I love that information, the price is reasonable. My car rides very quiet there’s only one thing I don’t like about it, is I can’t start my car up and lock the door while the car is warming up. Thank you

Best value

The car meets all my needs. It gets good mpg. Plenty of leg space for passengers. The price was perfect, was in the price range.

A great car to drive and look at!

The '18 Sonata Sport is a great car and I knew that I would end up buying it the second I saw that mesh grill it has. Something about it is so alluring to me. The car is quick on the draw despite its size and weight (and it's a boat!). It has a curb weight of 3,364 lbs (plus a full tank of gas 18gal X 6lb = 111lb). The car's wide stance and hefty load gives a surprisingly capable handling in the snow and ice. The interior is comfortable while still looking luxury-adjacent. It is quite spacious with plenty of room for the driver and all passengers. All while still having plenty of space in the trunk. I am not a huge fan of the piano-key style buttons on the dash (my previous car was a leased 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid) but as with any new car it is something you get used to. The seats are fairly comfortable to sit in on the highway and on side streets.