2020 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

$23,600 starting MSRP
side view of 2020 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2020 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2020 Hyundai Sonata

It seems to be a good car so far.

I've only had it for less than a thousand miles, but so far, so good. Four stars because the SEL model doesn't come with NAV. That's a bit ridiculous. The Blue Link app allows you to set up geofencing, so it's not like it doesn't have GPS capability already.

Best luxury car experience at affordable price

Exterior is very stylish and sport looking and interior is very roomy, comfortable and luxurious. The gas mpg is very reasonable and all the bells and whistles at no extra cost. This is my second time owning my Sonata.

Great choice

This was an unplanned and unexpected purchase but I am thoroughly enjoying my vehicle and it is very reliable as I need reliability while working several jobs

Are you in love with your car? You should be!!!

I went from a 2016 Nissan Senta to my 2020 Sonata SEL. Actually found it while on vacation after Nissan offered to extend the warranty on my transmission which had already been aching up. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I had time so I did lots of research..looked at a few makes and models and kept coming back to the Sonata. Scheduled the test drive for the day I got home. My only conundrum was choosing the color. I've been in the car now for just over 6 months and I still love it as much as the day I test drove it. MPG is amazing. Comfort is off the chain. Safety features are more than I ever expected that I could afford. Styling with attitude and sexy curves and lines. 3 year 36,000 mile complimentary maintenance at 7,500 intervals. My dealership extended the drive train warranty to LIFETIME. Panoramic sunroof, heated front seats, dual zone A/C, auto headlights, auto dim rear view mirror, My Hyundai app, digital key, fantastic back up camera, lane keep assist, intelligent cruise control, super nice cloth seat fabric, trunk space for days, beautiful displays for the driver....there is so much to love about this car. It is so much more than I expected. If you don't LOVE your car, check out the Sonata SEL.

First car from dealership

I love it, people give me compliments all the time. I knew it was mine when i saw the gear shift is buttons! It didnt have the bluelink option unfortunately. That wouldve let me start it from my phone, track it, do everything i would want to do but no. Seats are comfy. Sound system is gorgeous. No need for trunk subs. You would pretty much ruin the car if you wanna customize because its amazingly sleek as is. LED lights theyre bright but aim just below other vehicles windows, so it doesnt blind and piss them off. Auto bright system to detect oncoming lights or if its bright enough just turn off 2x tap stays on. Touch screen pannel easy navigation through it too. Can mirror phones if theyre compatible mine doesnt but bluetooth still puts all my phone on the console. Nice trunk space. Acceleration and brakes are sensitive but the gas pedal is reversed so just like the arcade race games you press the top down and foward isntead of down from bottom. I turned most allert off because i dont need the car to force me into position and beep anytime im close to the lines or car is passing blindspot. Dope car for anyone, even had my gramps wanna go get another he 91 and just finished paying off his car lol

most reliable car I have ever owned

The car has met all of my expectations and more. It took me awhile to get to know all the features, love all the safety features, and smart cruise!

I really like this car.

I like this car other than the fact that 30 miles after leaving the dealership the tire pressure monitor sensor came on and the tire pressure never changed.

Best car I have owned

This car is amazing. It has all the bells and whistles. It even can drive on its own. Wow it’s crazy lol. It has nice sound system and a sun roof.

Very comfortable and a nice smooth ride.

It is a great car that has plenty of room and is very comfortable. My fourth Hyundai purchase of my lifetime. Great cars. I highly recommend getting a Hyundai.

Most reliable car I’ve ever owned

Great car for the money. Had the 2018 and upgraded to the 2020. Love the car and the safety features. Spacious yet not too big.