1998 Tiburon

1998 Hyundai Tiburon

4 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1998 Hyundai Tiburon?

Great First Car

by Car Freak from SD on Sun Aug 24 2008

This car was my first car. I really like it. Very fun. The performance and handling is great. The one thing that disappointed me was the gas mileage. Driving conservatively I got 27 mpg. I would recommend this car to anybody though. I also love the exterior styling. It's so far ahead of its time. When people ask me how old it is they can't believe it's 10 years old.

1st brand new car I owned

by Pine Cowgirl from Pine, AZ on Wed Jul 22 2009

I bought a Tiburon brand new when i was 35 years old. I had never owned a brand new car and I have never regretted my choice. I have now had my tiburon 7 years and it's still running just like the first day i bought it. Only issue I had was clutch when car was 5 1/2 years old but other than that, all you have to do is regularly scheduled maintenance and replace tires when necessary. This car is awesome and a total blast!

Our Take on the 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

There are any number of sporting propositions on today's automotive scene, and one of them is the l998 Hyundai Tiburon coupe.

The Tiburon, however, is a sporting proposition with a difference.

In an arena of high-buck motor cars, the two-door Hyundai lies in an affordable price range, accessible to the majority of drivers who want performance without mortgaging the family home.

Hyundai breathed new life into the sports coupe segment of the market by offering a high-tech, get-up-and-go car for a little more than $14,000.

Available in two trim levels, Tiburon and Tiburon FX, the standard Tiburon has a suggested retail price of $14,399. If you want to go upstream a little, the FX is stickered at... Read More