2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 8 reviews

First car

by from Upstate, NY on July 21, 2010

Very Hot car. The cabin vibrations are a little annoying at time (I had to take some pennies and tape them to the rear view mirror to keep it from making a buzzing noise). I am 6'4" and it is a little weird to get in and out of, but once you are in, it is surprisingly comfortable. The trunk is very large (especially when the back seats are folded down). I can fit two of my tubas in there comfortably. However, the back seats really aren't for human passengers. Very, very small. Because the ride is so close to the road, you feel a lot of the bumps on the road. It isn't too disturbing, but you feel them a lot more than if you were in an SUV or a sedan. I still find the ride to be really nice though. The look from the cabin is really nice :D. One con I have against this car is the cup holders. They don't really fit anything well. You can't even put a 20oz bottle in there. Not a big deal, but really annoying if you are riding alone and are thirsty.

Great sports car!!

by from NJ on September 6, 2009

Very reliable, sporty, fun and trendy! Cheap to maintain. Handling is awesome. Excellent on gas! Best car I've had yet!

Had to replace transmission and Alternator at 60k

by from Danville,Va on October 23, 2006

Good car but I didn't like having to replace so many parts under warrenty.I am the third owner of this vehicle and I work for a car dealership if it wasn't for that I probally would have had some trouble getting some of these things repaired.

Most reliable car I have owned!!

by from AZ on March 29, 2007

Great gas mileage! Love the low maintence! Excellent! Hyundai car have come along way. You get much more for your money. Tiburons are very fun to drive and they look nice.

I like this lil car

by from whittier ca on December 10, 2012

This car is good on gas the best i ever have if u are on the market to get one trust me u will love this lil car

Best for the bucks!

by from on April 16, 2012

Quick, easy handling, great gas mileage, everything A-1 except for the small rear seat... which folds down to make extra cargo space. Oil changed on schedule and have had ZERO mechanical problems.

The head lights and very dim..

by from Pen Argyl, Pa on September 25, 2009

I got the car 3 years ago and have pretty much hated it since.you cant drive more then a hour without your back hurting. There is more room in the back for people, but lets face it what sports car does. The headlights are so bad that i couldn't tell if they were on, i tryed everything for them, new brighter bulbs, cleaning the lenses, but nothing worked. They do handle nicely though. but tires are expensive, and they wear out fast.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Los Angeles, Texas on October 27, 2014

This care is pretty good and also it just looks cool I mean look at it who cares how it runs when you have something like that I mean girls will literary throw themselves at you.. TURN UP!

Uses car for Off-roading