2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Not really made for the long haul

by from Baltimore, MD on July 24, 2017

The Tiburon is a nice looking car. The large hatch in back is great for storage, camping, travelling. The car handles GREAT. Now the bad. The clutch is the same in the 4 cyl and 6 cyl, and simply can't take the extra torque in the GT model. A miracle if you get 90,000 miles before you need a new clutch - at $3500+ at the dealer. Poor rustproofing - especially in the front of the car. Power window motors will die at 100,000 miles. And - changing spark plugs requires removing the intake manifold. Again - your dealer will make a LOT of money on that one!

most reliable car i owned

by from Highland on July 10, 2017

very dependable transportation has never left me stranded no were a Lil talc and you have a A1 vehicle

The coolest looking car I have ever owned.

by on July 9, 2017

I love this car. It is 6 speed manual transmission. It is so much fun to drive it. Love my sport's car. Even though it is now getting old it look very cool and trendy. Definitely a great fit for people who love to drive with a stick shift. For younger people without family is the car also a perfect fit. Sunroof is sweet and pretty big trunk for a sport's car.

Uses car for Havingfun

car is very depenable.

by from Highland on July 9, 2017

it has never left me stranded!!!!! purchased from oh owner car has a few minor engineflaws but other than that it goes city,or highways no problems

The best two doore car. In my opinion

by on July 6, 2017

This car is great I love it and I will buy it soon. My Friend own one so I drove his and it is best car that I ever test drove. 5 speed manual transmission.
Not Rated Reliability

Very nice car

by from Missoula mt on May 26, 2017

For how cheap These cars are they are very nice. Mine is almost 15 years old and still I get compliments all the time

Best Sport Coupe for the Price

by from North Fort Myers, FL on April 20, 2015

I had been looking at one of these for years. I figured an older one with nearly 130,000 miles would never live up to expectations (or hopes), but it did! With a new paint job, it gets CONSTANT looks. I'm 6'2, but fit quite comfortably in there. It has plenty of power, and a smooth ride! No complaints, it even has a decent set of cup holders!

Worth the wait

by from Greeville, SC on March 21, 2014

I bought this for my 16 year old son. People thought I was crazy trusting this kind of car to my son. He is one of the most cautious people and drivers I know. I was right but it backfired. He was afraid of the car and the way it could attract tickets. I then realized this was the car I always wanted. I was right. This car performs like no other fast and smooth in the turns. Gets great gas mileage, and sounds oh, so good. I'm an old guy but getting in an out of this car is a breeze. Once you are in it fits so well. So speed, handling, economy, and it draws looks where ever I go. So what else? Visibility is surprisingly good.

Very good car

by from on November 21, 2011

Love it. The only problem is the gas mileage (18mpg)... but couldn't expect a great gas mileage on a v6... but the car is great. fun to drive and looks good.

The Best In The West (east, north, south)

by from Cape Cod, MA on August 25, 2010

I own the exact same car. It has been the best purchase I have ever made. I am a single woman and this is a problem free, reliable car and it looks really nice. Mine has 108,000 and don't you think I have just considered trading mine in for a lower miliage Tiburon? Yes I am thinking about it now. I am smitten with praise for this car and anyone who asks me "Hey how do you like the Hyundai?"....they get the full story of praise from me.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon