2004 Tiburon

2004 Hyundai Tiburon

$416 - $7,020  MSRP Range
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

4.5

Have You Driven the 2004 Hyundai Tiburon?

dependable and reliable

by bikerdude from North Carolina on Wed Nov 03 2010

As a senior citizen I bought this car to comute to work to save on gas. I was surprised as to the comfort and quality of this car for the money.

Excellent deal

by sephlar from Seattle on Tue Apr 20 2010

I owned this car for close to three years now and could not be happier. My next car will be a Hyundai for sure as the company continues to improve in quality, performance, and safety while aggressively pricing their products to compete. This car was no different. With only routine maintenance (oil changes, fluid checks, tires, etc) the car runs flawless. I have the V6 with the 6 speed manual and I stay involved in a local group of other Hyundai owners (predominately Tiburon owners) and we can bounce ideas and deals off one another as well as upgrades and the like. The car is a looker and most casual observers are very surprised when they hear it's a Hyundai because of how it looks, sounds, and takes off from a dead stop. It corners better than many cars it's size and price range. Don't expect to compete with a Mustang GT or a car twice it's value... but I've taken on nearly every 4 banger Honda, Mit Eclipse and non-GT Mustang and surprised every one of them. My next car will be this car's upgrade, the Genesis Coupe.

The most bang for your buck!

by Quality Expert from Portland, Oregon on Wed Jan 14 2009

I just got my Tiburon and I've fallen in love with it. Not only does it look and drive great but I feel proud driving it. I definitely recommend this car because It gets great gas mileage, its comfortable, stylish and perfect for young men or women.

Love the Ride

by Tibby Racer from Honolulu, HI on Tue May 10 2011

I've had my Tib for nearly 2 years now and I just love it. I I've surprised more than my fair share of people when I race against them (Purely sanctioned, no street racing illegally) and I've only had to do the basics to keep it up and running strong. Yes the GT's 6 speed can be shaky every now and then, but it's just a matter of getting around it. Totally love this car!

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT

by rocketj from Tampa Bay area on Mon May 11 2015

I have always liked Hyundai's from the get go. The Tib is a blast to drive, excellent performance and handling. The comfort is great on the Interstate/open road, it doesn't like speed bumps, but, who and what does. It is definitely a driver's car and on a budget is a must to consider.

Hyundai fx coupe 2004

by practicle from christchurch new zealand on Wed Jan 07 2015

I've owned this model for 6yrs, the only issues i've had are the alarm trying to reset itself while stationary, occationally? Just this week the radiator decided to burst one of the 2 internal tanks it has. Round $500 to have installed. Apart from a hard ride on uneven sealed roads, This car is a reliable, comfortable, in front seats & back seating also if your shorter or a child. This is a gutsy, 2.7 ltr dream, that is as economical as a toyota 2ltr. (my husband had a toyota carina 1995 limited addition 2ltr) The boot is ample sized, and back seats drop forward to make even more room if required. A full service ( including cam was $1800 ) which lasts a few yrs. So not too bad. I love this car, the only drawback is the rear seating is awkward for those that are tall, lol. The dash is tastefully styled with all the practical dials that are required with red background lighting that you can adjust to your liking. Many extras, leather bucket seats, airbags, etc etc. see for yourself, a desirable car for both sexs to enjoy. Try it, value for money !

Most reliable car ive owned

by Love this tib from on Sat Apr 27 2013

Fun to drive, looks great, low cost to own what more could anyone ask for? Very nice nice and out love the engine

Great Car

by Nate from Woodstock, IL on Sat Aug 26 2017

I thought I was taking a risk when I first bought my Tiburon but I was dead wrong. It was great on gas mileage, handling was solid, and it looked great! It was my first car and I never had a problem with it! The backseat was a little small so I couldn't drive more than 1 other friend but besides that it was a car that I would recommend to anyone!

Fun comfortable car!

by Mikew41 from Denver on Sat Dec 02 2017

Smooth ride. Engine purrs! I boughtused from the same dealer that sold it to me. I paid too much unfortunately. I paid $5000 when car is only worth $2000 but it only had 53k miles on it which I thought would last me a while with the car. It is a fun car to drive and comfortable. I would recommend this car.

Think of this car when youre ready to buy!

by Kimchi_rocket from Houston, TX on Sun Oct 14 2018

This car is so much fun. I purchased the 04 v6 GT. The car is 14 years old and so far I have only replaced a rubber fuel hose since buying it a year ago! First off these cars look stunning and were designed with the thought of the Ferrari 456gt and corners great for a fwd car. The v6 is reliable but slightly underpowered as it is just a 2.5L bored out to 2.7L. However if speed is what you want these v6s take kindly to nitrous and superchargers. If you plan going turbo, get the 4 cylinder! It is worth noting that unless you are 4'11, the rear seats are worthless! I took them out and made a custom carpet trunk and it really frees up room in the rear. Just keep it well maintained (Belts, oil changes, tires) and it wont let you down! Just make sure you find one in good condition as many 1st owners did not take care of these cars!

1 2