2004 Tiburon

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

dependable and reliable

by bikerdude from North Carolina on November 3, 2010

As a senior citizen I bought this car to comute to work to save on gas. I was surprised as to the comfort and quality of this car for the money.

Excellent deal

by sephlar from Seattle on April 20, 2010

I owned this car for close to three years now and could not be happier. My next car will be a Hyundai for sure as the company continues to improve in quality, performance, and safety while aggressively pricing their products to compete. This car was no different. With only routine maintenance (oil changes, fluid checks, tires, etc) the car runs flawless. I have the V6 with the 6 speed manual and I stay involved in a local group of other Hyundai owners (predominately Tiburon owners) and we can bounce ideas and deals off one another as well as upgrades and the like. The car is a looker and most casual observers are very surprised when they hear it's a Hyundai because of how it looks, sounds, and takes off from a dead stop. It corners better than many cars it's size and price range. Don't expect to compete with a Mustang GT or a car twice it's value... but I've taken on nearly every 4 banger Honda, Mit Eclipse and non-GT Mustang and surprised every one of them. My next car will be this car's upgrade, the Genesis Coupe.

The most bang for your buck!

by Quality Expert from Portland, Oregon on January 14, 2009

I just got my Tiburon and I've fallen in love with it. Not only does it look and drive great but I feel proud driving it. I definitely recommend this car because It gets great gas mileage, its comfortable, stylish and perfect for young men or women.

Love the Ride

by Tibby Racer from Honolulu, HI on May 10, 2011

I've had my Tib for nearly 2 years now and I just love it. I I've surprised more than my fair share of people when I race against them (Purely sanctioned, no street racing illegally) and I've only had to do the basics to keep it up and running strong. Yes the GT's 6 speed can be shaky every now and then, but it's just a matter of getting around it. Totally love this car!

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT

by rocketj from Tampa Bay area on May 11, 2015

I have always liked Hyundai's from the get go. The Tib is a blast to drive, excellent performance and handling. The comfort is great on the Interstate/open road, it doesn't like speed bumps, but, who and what does. It is definitely a driver's car and on a budget is a must to consider.

Hyundai fx coupe 2004

by practicle from christchurch new zealand on January 7, 2015

I've owned this model for 6yrs, the only issues i've had are the alarm trying to reset itself while stationary, occationally? Just this week the radiator decided to burst one of the 2 internal tanks it has. Round $500 to have installed. Apart from a hard ride on uneven sealed roads, This car is a reliable, comfortable, in front seats & back seating also if your shorter or a child. This is a gutsy, 2.7 ltr dream, that is as economical as a toyota 2ltr. (my husband had a toyota carina 1995 limited addition 2ltr) The boot is ample sized, and back seats drop forward to make even more room if required. A full service ( including cam was $1800 ) which lasts a few yrs. So not too bad. I love this car, the only drawback is the rear seating is awkward for those that are tall, lol. The dash is tastefully styled with all the practical dials that are required with red background lighting that you can adjust to your liking. Many extras, leather bucket seats, airbags, etc etc. see for yourself, a desirable car for both sexs to enjoy. Try it, value for money !

Most reliable car ive owned

by Love this tib from on April 27, 2013

Fun to drive, looks great, low cost to own what more could anyone ask for? Very nice nice and out love the engine

Great Car

by Nate from Woodstock, IL on August 26, 2017

I thought I was taking a risk when I first bought my Tiburon but I was dead wrong. It was great on gas mileage, handling was solid, and it looked great! It was my first car and I never had a problem with it! The backseat was a little small so I couldn't drive more than 1 other friend but besides that it was a car that I would recommend to anyone!

Fun comfortable car!

by Mikew41 from Denver on December 2, 2017

Smooth ride. Engine purrs! I boughtused from the same dealer that sold it to me. I paid too much unfortunately. I paid $5000 when car is only worth $2000 but it only had 53k miles on it which I thought would last me a while with the car. It is a fun car to drive and comfortable. I would recommend this car.

LOVED IT!

by In love with Tiburons from SD on October 11, 2009

I would recommend this vehicle to anybody. Very reliable and good car for the money. It's comfortable for 2 people but don't try shoving a human being in the back seat! Even a small person's head collides with the rear windshield. But for me it wasn't a problem because I primarily didn't have passengers. Decent gas mileage considering how much get up and go the car has. This car was my second car and the second Tiburon I owned. I love these cars and will probably buy another one. I especially love how the 3rd generation Tiburon is designed inside and out. Both the interior and exterior look extremely modern.

1 2