2008 Tiburon

2008 Hyundai Tiburon

2008 Hyundai Tiburon

4.3

Have you driven the 2008 Hyundai Tiburon?

Awesome Car

by its a secret from Omaha, NE on Thu Nov 03 2011

I love this car, not only does it look really cool, but it is very reliable. I barely have to fill up my gas tank, but when I do it seems to last a long time. Great MPG! I love having a sun roof it makes it feel nice and open. I love cloth interior so it is never too hott or too cold! I also enjoy when the interior matches the exterior because I think it looks classier! I would DEF purchase this car! great deal

Good value for the money

by Vtroadrunner from Upstate NY on Mon Aug 12 2013

I've owned many 2 door subcompacts and have found the Tiburon to be dependable and fun to drive. The suspension is great on hills and curving roads, which there are many in my area. The V6 has decent acceleration, and it's not a problem when it comes to passing. It's the first automatic that I've driven in years, as I've always driven standards, but I still feel like i'm driving a responsive vehicle. Not to mention the looks you get when you drive around town. It looks like a much more expensive car. I was so satisfied, I bought a second one for my Daughter.

Love my '08 SE

by itguy1994 from on Wed Apr 04 2012

Got it used in fall '09 with 14,000 miles on it & went AL-AZ the next spring. Best mpg 36 w/cruise set just under 90mph, (yes I got a warning-TX is a big state) noisy on rough road surfaces but, turn up the Kenwood stereo & go! The car tunes itself if you can keep a constant speed to it; it loves the highway. You won't win any drag races with this car but the more it runs the better it gets. Engine torque and overall power really does not kick in until well above 3300 rpm. Runs at 75 all day on my commute with the cruise in 6th right around 3100 rpm. I've had it on the track at Talledega and it easily hit 120 and had more to give; Barber MotorSports Park is the next goal.

Love It!

by Victoria from Alabama on Sun Feb 18 2018

I've had my 2008 Tiburon 5-speed since January of 2016. I bought it really cheap with a slipping clutch, grinding gears, and many other issues from 7 previous owners mistreating it. Since then I've replaced the transmission, clutch, pressure plate, and the simple components of the suspension. It's definitely not the fastest or best performing car, but it's definitely styled right and turns heads with just halos and aftermarket wheels. By far one of my favorite cars I've owned. Great on gas mileage, I average about 28-31mpg every fill up. It's approaching 200k miles, but I definitely see it lasting as long as I stay in love with it. Overall, it's a fun, cheap project (after the major repairs required in my case, of course)!

No Regrets

by Mikkie from Washington on Wed Apr 06 2011

I bought my 2008 Tiburon GS when gas was approaching 4 dollars. I couldn't beleive the MPG I got 28 to 30 MPG in the city regularly because I am not a hot rodder. Just easy stops and gradual exceleration. I did not carry a lot of passengers so I mostly kept the back seats in the folded down positon and got tons of stuff back there, even lumber! I did think it was a little noisey on the highway when I had the back seats down but nothing to complain about.

Nice little car for my kid

by MomtoTeen from Columbus, OH on Mon Feb 20 2012

Teen daughter fell in love with this car based on looks, so we shopped around a while to find her a low-mileage, automatic version and found a great one. Drives nicely but not overpowered, so she can't get in too much trouble. Cutest car around. Great value with the 100,000 mile warrantee on the power train.

Cute Car, Not so Comfortable for Big People

by Tib Owner from Boston on Fri Dec 12 2008

I love my Tiburon. My only complaints are that the visibility isn't fantastic from inside the car and it's not a comfortable car for larger people. I'm not big but my large male friends aren't all that comfy in this car... the backseat is ok for kids but very uncomfortable for adults. Despite this, it's a great car.

sporty car

by dan the car man from nicholasville,ky on Sun May 24 2009

My wife and I both bought new 2008 tiburons and really like them. There sporty little cars with great handling and great looks. The warranties are the best in the industry and we are glad we made the purchase.

Great car!

by Mr. B from Memphis, TN on Sat Jul 23 2011

I bought this car early in 2011. I bought it used, it had 27,000 miles or so when i got it. I've now put on about 13,000 miles in six months! I love driving it! It has a great sporty exterior look and even though the performance doesn't quite match its looks you can by an air intake or performace exhaust system if thats what you want to get from it. I bought a cold air intake for mine at $200 and now it takes off like a rocket! The inside is nice, however back seats are pretty tight. Also I got a GS model and it came stock with a Kenwood audio head unit and speakers, sounds great if you like to blast your music. Overall its about as comfortable as any other car I've been in. And now the price has dropped tremdously since it was there last year of production. 13k for this car (what i paid for mine)??? GREAT DEAL!!!

Transmission

by LeAnn from Loveland, Oh on Wed Mar 03 2010

My car is a 2001 with 98 thousand miles. I bought it at 65 thousand and drove the heck out of it the past 2 years. I really like it and it does amazing on gas, but i just found out my transmission is probably going out. I think it is the synchro rings. Is that a typical problem with this car? I'm so worried.. The performance and comfort for this car is really good considering it is a sports car.

1 2 3 4