2009 Tucson

2009 Hyundai Tucson

2009 Hyundai Tucson

4.1

Have You Driven the 2009 Hyundai Tucson?

Tucson 2009

by owner from chicago IL on Mon Mar 17 2014

so far a good car. very well designed inside and out. Good visibility and simple features. Plenty of room inside to feel comfortable without being cramped. Decent amount of trunk space. Engine a bit loud and not as powerful as V6 obviously but it's not bad. overall a great car for a family or anyone who wants a simple, safe and compact suv.

best value for money!

by Red from milwaukee, wi on Sun Nov 01 2009

What model? 2007 Hyndai Tucson, 2007 GLS - 4 cylinder FWD. How long? Have been using the Tucson for over 2 years and 30k miles.I m the second owner and got it with 13k miles on it. Any maintenance so far? only oil changes. had to tighten the rear wiper when it stopped working because of huge lump of ice sitting on it in winter. Have the airbag light on..I am told its covered under warranty. Gas Mileage? 23-26miles per gallon - mixed highway and city drive Any problems? I feel the shocks are hard in winters, somehow hear the thud of the wheels on cement roads. I dont feel the jerks but I hear the noise because of bad sound proofing and dont like it. What I like? The extra room when I have to carry huge items, I could fold all the seats down. The shiftronic Manual tranmission when I feel like driving on power mode. All features for a good price. 5 star crash rating. What I dont like? Pickup is sluggish for a SUV on 4cyl. Would prefer a V6 on a Tucson.

Canadian owner

by Nicole from Niagara Falls, Ontario on Fri Feb 24 2017

I purchased my Tucson 25th Anniversary and have had no major problems until lately !!!!! Hyundai mechanic in Canada thought it was immobilizer. Hyundai in West Virginia (where it broke down) said it was due to bad gas !!!!!!!!! supposedly fixed by Hyundai and left to continue my trip and broke down in Hillsville, Virginia and problem was FOUND BY AN AMAZING MECHANIC....problem was the "crank sensor" !!!!!!! After having 4 diagnostic done !!!!!! this sensor was never detected....just in case you are having problems with your 2009 Tucson.

only one concern

by firsthyundai4me from Florida on Sat Aug 01 2009

So far I only have about 1700 miles, but getting around 25mpg with mostly short to medium trip drives with a/c running, which I think is pretty good. The 4 cylinder has enough pick up and cruises effortlessly. It is comfortable to ride and intuitive to operate with a lot of nice little touches. Only concern I have found is that the transmission can be a little rough with the shifting. I bought it for the warranty and think it is good value for the price.

not a single issue in 25,000 miles

by hyundai mondai from FL on Sat Mar 26 2011

Bought new two years ago. Nothing needed to be done but oil changes and scheduled maintenance. The transmission shifting can be a litle rough and the road noise is a little worse than other cars I have had, but that is characteristic of the vehicle. It is comfortable and all the dash controls are intuitive and easy to use. I bought because of the warranty and lower price than Honda and Toyota and reputation of the local dealership. I am happy with my selection.

Absolutely no problems in 4 years and 34,000 miles

by just me from florida on Fri Mar 01 2013

I liked this car and found it very dependable. My only problem was that it picked up a lot of road noise and shifted a little rough. I wanted to get a little larger vehicle what would ride better and not be so loud. I was going to get a Hyundai Santa Fe all wheel drive and planned to do so, but the dealer who sold me the Tucson made an offer and then reniged on it which ticked me off so much I would never buy from him again. When the dealership was new they seemed to want my business. Now they just blow you off rather than keep their word. So I just bought a Subaru instead. Good car though. I never had to take it back for anything at all. Probably should have kept it but had the itch to trade and wanted all wheel drive.

love my little Hyundai!!

by former Saturn owner from Rocket City, Alabama on Thu Apr 12 2012

I bought the 2009 Tucson in 2010 - brand new, had been sitting on the lot for over a year. Why? Because it's a stick shift!! I've owned nothing but Saturns for the last 15 years. When Saturn went outta business, I had to get something else. Did my research, Hyundai's renewed commitment to quality and reliability impressed me. I love this Tucson. It's a nice small vehicle but has some pretty nice bells & whistles. Handles well, responsive, I don't mind the road noise. It's just noise. Decent gas mileage on the road and great small city car. I've owned it two years now and wouldn't trade it in for the world. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a small SUV.

I am going to miss you

by mac from cleveland oh on Mon May 16 2011

this was my car what can i said it is a great vehicule mileage was very good so far I think it was better than the sonata

All the bells and whistles, but not for me

by FirstTimeBuyer from Akron, OH on Tue May 15 2018

This car had all the bells and whistles of a modern car, but definitely was not for me. The rear window is extremely small and the design of the vehicle has a number of blind spots that made me uncomfortable even in the test drive. While it was a smooth drive with many internal amenities and seems to get good gas mileage for an SUV, the car itself feels light and sits lower to the ground than I wanted. This car wasn't for me, but I can see how it would be a great car for someone else.

Very reliable

by jestina4 from Carlton on Fri May 11 2018

I love this vehicle, it's perfect for road trips or just commuting to work. It drives very well through the winters, and gets good gas mileage.

1 2