2010 Veracruz

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Great Value

by pete from New Jersey on December 27, 2009

I test drove the Highlander, Murano , Pilot and found the Veracruz to be a great value among these other more widely known vehicles. My first choice was the Highlander because of the reliable history of the vehicle, however after review and testing the Veracruz I was impressed. I was treated wonderfully by the dealer who offered a great deal. I saved about $5,000 and got more car when compared to Toyota. Toyota did not wish to negotiate price, they wanted way too much for the vehicle, I was tired of trying to haggle and am now a happy Veracruz owner .

Good Value. Needs some tweaks.

by Family Man from Greensboro, NC on January 7, 2010

The good: Interior space. Third row seat is great. Back-up sensors. Climate contols throughout. Overall styling. Workmanship. Smooth ride. The bad: Shifts too early (no pick up in first/second). Blue LED display on dashboard not pleasant. Rear door release on key fob almost useless. Seats are a little firm. Steering wheel controls are cheap and not easy to use without looking. MPG: 18.8 in city limits. 22 on the hwy (75 mph).

Reformed

by Hyundai Hater from Atlanta, GA on November 29, 2010

We used to own a 1989 Hyundai Excel. We gave it away. This car could not get out of the way of a tricycle ridden by a 3 year old. Parts were hard to come by too. We recently purchased a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz. Hyundai has come a long, long way! This is a nice vehicle with many creature comforts that you pay extra for on other brands. It is fairly comfortable for the average adult. Driver's seat is not that comfortable for me but I am 6'5". Front passenger seat is very comfortable, just wish it had the same power seat controls as the driver side seat. Very roomy interior otherwise.

Still impressed.

by Sanity from looking for troubles, No way. on August 23, 2011

I have the 2007 Veracruz LTD. Have put in 39k miles into it.It still rides like the first day I got it.The only issue I had was once the liftgate will not open with the foibe.They replaced a part in the computer system, problem solved. Inititally, I was getting 24MPG from it, curiously I now get 28MPG on the highway. I have gotten 39MPG from it twice on road trips! I have a new job that requires me to travel 200 miles to and fron twice in a month, I am concerned that I may run up the 100k miles warranty soon. Glad though I have my job in case my boss is reading this.

Love this vehicle, wish they kept it going.

by Helpful from Ks on February 3, 2014

I have the Veracruz Lim AWD. I have had this vehicle for almost 3 years now. My wife drives an average of 2700 miles a month. Toating the kids back and forth to sporting events. The vehicle now has 97000. I love all the gadgets that came with the vehicle. It has plenty of power to pass whenever you want. I don't understand why they quit making the vehicle. The only draw back is its MPG. I can only get 18.7 combined. and there was a problem with a sensor for the brakes. I have had up to 7 in the vehicle with the third row and it work well, even though it is hard to get in and out of the 3rd row. Please bring it back for the future.

Luv this car!

by Bbankerchas from weeki wachee on March 24, 2017

Bought this car new, my second Hyundai. The few times I needed warranty service, it was handled well. Beautiful looking and performing car. Got 96,000 miles on it and can't find anything comparable so may just keep driving it. Looks and acts brand new!

Very user friendly, comfortable & highly reliable

by Aj on April 23, 2018

It's easy on the eyes, and slightly aerodynamic, powerful and responsive for an SUV, relatively tight wheel base. I can maneuver very well in this car if I need to, even though it's a large vehicle. The seating is comfortable and adjustable, heated seats to boot and little added features, like a space at the bottom of the steering wheel for one-handed driving on long trips, and extended sun visors help a lot with the comfort of driving. EXCELLENT visibility. This car has NEVER failed to start in any weather, handles well, and is quiet. Only wish it could have a little better mileage.

Does not recommend this car!!

Retired Rudy

by Retired Rudy from Manhattan Beach, CA. on March 7, 2017

Great visibility, no blind spots. Comfortable seats. Very responsive when depressing accelerator. Plenty of power to get around traffic on freeways.

2010 Veracruz

by mikec2003 from Auburn, AL on July 22, 2010

I have a white 2010 Veracruz GLS. The car only has 3400 miles on it so there isn't a whole lot to say about any maintenance problems, but no trouble so far. I paid $28,000 out the door (including all local taxes) and may have gotten a better deal if I waited a bit longer. The car is excellent in all categories except it gets ~ 17 mpg and the sound system is poor compared to my old 1998 LandRover, Discovery. Overall it rides excellent and I'd rather have it than a Toyota Highlander.

Too Much Road Noise

by surfy123 from Kentucky on April 9, 2010

Way too much road noise. MPG not good (about 18 ) Has vibration which the dealer cannot get out. I paid $600.oo for crome wheels, turned out to be crome hub caps. I would not recdemend this car to anyone.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2