2001 XG300

2001 Hyundai XG300

$889 - $3,829  MSRP Range
2001 Hyundai XG300

3.8

Have You Driven the 2001 Hyundai XG300?

Great luxury for a Hyundai

by XG300 lover from Kansas City, MO on Fri Sep 26 2008

We have been pleasantly surprised with the features and handling of this car. This is the second Hyundai I have owned and by far one of the best cars I have ever owned too. It has been very reliable for us and we have over 120k miles on it now and now it will be passed down to my son. The only thing I don't like about the car is the styling of the rear end. We got a great deal with this car.

Love this car!

by Ememem from St. Louis, MO on Wed Sep 07 2011

We are downsizing to one car, or there is no way that I would sell this car. It has been a comfortable, reliable car to drive. I have been followed and stopped by other drivers wanting to know what make this car was. They usually take it for a Jacquar or a little Lincoln! The interior is well laid out, and the back seat is roomy with ample leg room for 2 adults. The gas mileage was as advertised, even a little better on the highway! I will miss this awesome car!

Good car for the bucks.

by FabricioLA from Beverly Hills, CA on Wed Jan 03 2018

I drove to Las Vegas, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Los Angeles. This car is comfortable for a long trip. The leather seats provide comfort and the drive is smooth.

Bought new and still going strong

by Hantsoba from San Jose, CA on Thu Jul 19 2018

Bought new in Apr. 2001 for my wife and still going strong. This car has been serving us for the past 17 years over 125K miles. Have experienced with some minor issues, like the Side Airbag fitting being too loose so that Airbag warning is constantly on the dashboard even after recall repairs. We gave up on fixing the problem. Replaced the alternator several years ago. Thermostat, the engine mount, and the serpentine belts, front wheel struts were also replaced, but they are maintenance items anyway. No other known issues with this great car. The gas mileage could be better (getting appx. 22mpg), but it was pretty norm at the time we bought the car for 6 cylinder cars.

LOVE MY 2001 XG 300 !!!!!!

by jerrie of the high desert from Yucca Valley, Ca 9 on Wed Aug 02 2017

Bought new in2001, LOVE this car still driving it, has serviced my family very well 16 years...I am looking for a used one right same 2001 xG300, If you can find one for me I will be very HAPPY.....

Wow best bang for the buck

by Colts win! from Brooklyn NY on Fri Jan 19 2007

This is a nice luxury car selling for a poor mans budget. Wow tons of features looks like a Jaguar. Very happy with this vehicle very reliable too

Lemon. Total Garbage.

by ExpertDetailer from State College, PA on Sun Dec 16 2012

I bought the car used and had it about 2 years before the blessed day I traded it on an 2004 Grand Prix GT (Best car I have ever owned). I drove the Hyundai a total of about 9 months in the two years I had it because it was CONSTANTLY breaking down and in the shop. The list is endless, new transmission at 75k, two alternators, numerous fuses, the alarm would go off at random as well as the horn which would stay on. I had to pull the fuse for the horn so I had no horn. Trunk would randomly pop itself, brakes, tires, and rotors were always going bad. Every brake job was over $500 after they had to be specially ordered, etc. etc. I then hit a deer at 40 mph and when I got it fixed the guy at the body shop said this car was made of "inferior metal." Biggest headache ever, do not buy one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned.

by The G.O.A.T. from on Thu Jul 30 2009

Great car! Great deal!! You can never go wrong with hyundai the customer service is unbeatable! Definitly a must buy for anyone of any age. Also, awesome gas mileage city and highway!!!

Luxury, comfortable vehicle, but a bottemless pit

by Red51 from Germany on Sun Aug 01 2010

I bought this car in summer 2007 with 67.500 miles on it, and I drove it until summer 2009, after it ended up with an engine breakdown (82.000 miles). I loved to drive with this car, it has a lot of features and it was very - as you can read in the headline - comfortable. But (and it's a big but) I had several problems with my car, among other I replaced the generator, A/C-compressor, parts of the transmission, spark coils etc. I spend more than 4000 US$ in repairs. If you want wo buy a XG, it would be better if you look for a XG350.

Lemon

by thad from Salt Lake City, UT on Fri Jan 05 2007

I have owned this car for one year. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it. Since I have owned it I have had to replace the shocks, water pump, Master airflow Sensor, 2 O2 sensors, Cam tensioner, Feul ignition sensor, and an A/C valve. The transmission fluid has been changed regularly and the tranny is failing. There are too many unrelated parts that are breaking for me to believe that this is anything but a quality issue.

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Hyundai XG300

"Excuse me, but what's an XG300?"

The woman who asked that question was driving an Acura Legend, and she had just pulled into a parking space next to me at the hardware store.

I think this same question will be asked by a lot of folks, and the answer Ð "It's a Hyundai" Ð will be as surprising to them as it was to the Acura lady. An even bigger surprise is the fact that the XG300 lists for $23,499 and is loaded with the same level of amenities one usually finds in entry-level luxury cars costing at least $10,000 more.

Hyundai is undergoing a significant product revolution, moving upscale with the new XG300 luxury sedan and the Santa Fe SUV. Both vehicles are attracting considerable attention... Read More