2001 XG300

2001 Hyundai XG300

2001 Hyundai XG300

3.8

Have you driven the 2001 Hyundai XG300?

Great luxury for a Hyundai

by XG300 lover from Kansas City, MO on Fri Sep 26 2008

We have been pleasantly surprised with the features and handling of this car. This is the second Hyundai I have owned and by far one of the best cars I have ever owned too. It has been very reliable for us and we have over 120k miles on it now and now it will be passed down to my son. The only thing I don't like about the car is the styling of the rear end. We got a great deal with this car.

Love this car!

by Ememem from St. Louis, MO on Wed Sep 07 2011

We are downsizing to one car, or there is no way that I would sell this car. It has been a comfortable, reliable car to drive. I have been followed and stopped by other drivers wanting to know what make this car was. They usually take it for a Jacquar or a little Lincoln! The interior is well laid out, and the back seat is roomy with ample leg room for 2 adults. The gas mileage was as advertised, even a little better on the highway! I will miss this awesome car!

Lemon. Total Garbage.

by ExpertDetailer from State College, PA on Sun Dec 16 2012

I bought the car used and had it about 2 years before the blessed day I traded it on an 2004 Grand Prix GT (Best car I have ever owned). I drove the Hyundai a total of about 9 months in the two years I had it because it was CONSTANTLY breaking down and in the shop. The list is endless, new transmission at 75k, two alternators, numerous fuses, the alarm would go off at random as well as the horn which would stay on. I had to pull the fuse for the horn so I had no horn. Trunk would randomly pop itself, brakes, tires, and rotors were always going bad. Every brake job was over $500 after they had to be specially ordered, etc. etc. I then hit a deer at 40 mph and when I got it fixed the guy at the body shop said this car was made of "inferior metal." Biggest headache ever, do not buy one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Wow best bang for the buck

by Colts win! from Brooklyn NY on Fri Jan 19 2007

This is a nice luxury car selling for a poor mans budget. Wow tons of features looks like a Jaguar. Very happy with this vehicle very reliable too

Luxury, comfortable vehicle, but a bottemless pit

by Red51 from Germany on Sun Aug 01 2010

I bought this car in summer 2007 with 67.500 miles on it, and I drove it until summer 2009, after it ended up with an engine breakdown (82.000 miles). I loved to drive with this car, it has a lot of features and it was very - as you can read in the headline - comfortable. But (and it's a big but) I had several problems with my car, among other I replaced the generator, A/C-compressor, parts of the transmission, spark coils etc. I spend more than 4000 US$ in repairs. If you want wo buy a XG, it would be better if you look for a XG350.

Lemon

by thad from Salt Lake City, UT on Fri Jan 05 2007

I have owned this car for one year. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it. Since I have owned it I have had to replace the shocks, water pump, Master airflow Sensor, 2 O2 sensors, Cam tensioner, Feul ignition sensor, and an A/C valve. The transmission fluid has been changed regularly and the tranny is failing. There are too many unrelated parts that are breaking for me to believe that this is anything but a quality issue.

Loved it at first

by SUV Lover from Willow Grove, Pa on Mon Mar 14 2011

I bought this car new. It was very roomy with lots of features. No interior overhead light (wierd). Within 2 months it was back to the dealer. Picked it up and didn't make it 5 miles before I had to take it back. Owner drove it for 4 days-this car has been in the shop numerus times and it only has 50,000 miles now-it has just stopped and had to be towed 2x-I can't even begin to list everything that has been replaced on this vehicle-2 SETS of spark plugs. I think there is a reason why they only made this model 1 year and why they offer that great warranty. Maybe I got a lemon, but I will never buy another hyundai.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned.

by The G.O.A.T. from on Thu Jul 30 2009

Great car! Great deal!! You can never go wrong with hyundai the customer service is unbeatable! Definitly a must buy for anyone of any age. Also, awesome gas mileage city and highway!!!

Worst car I've ever owned

by hsfbref from Twin Cities, MN on Sat Oct 29 2011

This car has caused me problems from the minute I drove it off the lot to the time I traded it in. In fact my happiest memory of this car was the minute I sold it. The first problem was with the power steering when I drove it home. Problems continued with the Air Conditioning, bearings, breaks, etc. This car also seemed to rust very fast. Every place I took it to for an alignment had a difficult time aligning it and it seemed to go through tires very fast. For the do it your-self person that I am, it is very difficult to locate parts for this vehicle and any work cost me at least $500 a job.

Good car for the bucks.

by FabricioLA from Beverly Hills, CA on Wed Jan 03 2018

I drove to Las Vegas, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Los Angeles. This car is comfortable for a long trip. The leather seats provide comfort and the drive is smooth.

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Hyundai XG300

"Excuse me, but what's an XG300?"

The woman who asked that question was driving an Acura Legend, and she had just pulled into a parking space next to me at the hardware store.

I think this same question will be asked by a lot of folks, and the answer Ð "It's a Hyundai" Ð will be as surprising to them as it was to the Acura lady. An even bigger surprise is the fact that the XG300 lists for $23,499 and is loaded with the same level of amenities one usually finds in entry-level luxury cars costing at least $10,000 more.

Hyundai is undergoing a significant product revolution, moving upscale with the new XG300 luxury sedan and the Santa Fe SUV. Both vehicles are attracting considerable attention... Read More