2008 EX35

2008 INFINITI EX35

2008 INFINITI EX35

Have You Driven the 2008 INFINITI EX35?

Reliable with Infiniti quality

by 12Base57 from on Tue Sep 27 2011

My husband and I bought this car new in 2008. It is a beautiful car inside and out. Inside is pure luxury. The leather seats are plush and comfortable and there are soft touches everywhere. Infiniti did not skimp on interior quality. I bought the Journey with Navigation. It has all the technology you could ask for. The navigation works great, there is a hard drive so you can upload your music to it. It also has an ipod interface which was actually harder to find in '08. Resale value is good. Backup camera is great because you can actually see the screen, meaning that even with sunglasses on you can see it clearly unlike other cars I test drove. I am not an expert in ride and handling but I must say that this car is a very powerful, smooth machine that is quiet (except for sound of the V6 when accelerating which some people love) and has great road feel. The steering is nicely weighted and is not numb feeling at all. It is fun to drive and you feel secure driving it. So I have had this car for three years and have had no major problems with it. The only things that "broke" were the power tilt/telescoping wheel function and the wood trim on the door panels were starting to peel. Both of these issues were quickly fixed by Infiniti without charge. Infiniti gives out loaner cars too which is a BIG reason to buy from them too! The only issue I have with this car is interior space. My daughter was born about a year after I bought the car and when her rear facing infant seat was in the back seat, the front passenger barely had any legroom. Also the back legroom is very minimal. I am only 5'2" and I even have a hard time sitting back there. The cargo space is minimal as well. The second row has a power fold down and up feature which is a nice feature. There is no power tailgate but you don't need it since it is very light. The smart key feature is amazing. You can open up the doors and start the vehicle with the key in your pocket. All in all I would absolutely recommend this car to anyone who does not have kids simple because of space. Wonderful crossover!

Perfect fit for my needs

by Topshelf from Philadelphia, PA on Mon Dec 17 2012

Recently traded in my BMW 335xi sedan for an '08 EX35 with Nav. Wanted to wait a few months before leaving a review to get a true assessment of the car. So far I'm overall thrilled with the purchase. After years of German cars, multiple 3 Series, Z4, VW GTI and a few others, I have to say I'm pleased with the change to a Japanese car. It's not nearly as sporty as the Germans, but that's why I decided to go this route. The BMW's are a blast to drive, but punishing if you have a long commute. This EX doesn't let you dive into a corner aggressively, it has a lot of roll compared to what I'm used to, and even with a 300hp engine, it's a little slower than I'd like. But at this point, I'm happily trading in those items for a massive leap in daily comfort. This car just cruises down the road, soaking up bump after bump. The tech is far beyond my 335, it's quieter, smoother and just a more enjoyable ride for this NE region. And to be fair, it's not slow, just not as quick as my tuned 335 was. Would love some paddle shifters, but I'm dealing. I wanted a small luxury SUV, and in the used car market there's not many options. The RDX was too large and very rough. The X3 was just more of the same BMW. And I'm not an Audi/VW fan. I really like both the interior and exterior styling of the EX. Every car has little faults, and I do find this one has some tough blind spots to get used to, but other than that, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Great car with smooth handling

by EX-Bee from San Francisco, CA on Thu May 06 2010

I bought the EX35 used with a little under 20.000 miles. So far the car is fun to drive, great handling, very narrow turning radius (great for parking, narrow streets). The gas mileage could be better. Very fast acceleration. Comfy seats (I almost fell asleep once in stop and go traffic). Overall a great car.

Love my EX35

by rhass from stamford, ct on Tue Nov 08 2011

Just recently purchased 2008 infiniti ex35. This car is a joy to drive. I love the music box feature and the extra power this car/suv/crossover is a very smooth ride. Back seat space is a little snug can fit 2 in the back comfortably. Gas milage is not bad i am averaging about 20mpg not bad my old galant was about 22 - 23. LOve this car either new or pre owned.

Very versatile

by NateDoug from Chattanooga on Fri Apr 28 2017

This care is a great compromise between a sedan and an SUV. Mine is the AWD Journey model, and we love how useful the hatch back and AWD is. It has a slightly higher ride height than a sedan, so it helps you not feel so low on the road. The seats are very comfortable and it has so many features!

Factory discounts make this car a better deal

by jmess from Portland, OR on Sun Jul 27 2008

I was in the market for a sporty wagon and this one won with class leading features and get up and go. I drove the 328i wagon and it really didn't do anything for me. The EX came with more features, was noticeably faster, and cost less. The handling needs a little more roll control on turn it but once in a corner it sticks pretty well. I have really grow to like the around view monitor. Overall this is a nice car to travel in and I don't regret buying it.

Infiniti EX35

by Luxury Lover from NY on Mon Dec 26 2011

Great car bose system, navigation, iPod adapter, 2 chargers, compact flash slot to download all CD's, only con is tight leg room in the back but it doesn't bother me because I'm in it myself & passenger at times, rear seats go down with a switch. AWD highly recommend

Gorgeous and fun ride!

by Melanie from Hampton, NJ on Fri Jul 01 2011

Fun ride, yet extremely quiet ride. Great luxury vehicle. Decent gas mileage for an SUV. I receive a ton of compliments of this car. Reliable and truly beautiful inside and out.

My 2nd so far.....

by Infiniti Lover from ATL on Mon May 17 2010

Bought this one for the wife. She is a little turned offby big ole SUV but likes the additional space and loading benefit. The luxury of this vehicle is fantastic and rides and drives as tight and smooth as my M35. Bought it used with less than 10k miles. Still has new car feel and smell. We don't have any kids to put in back seat, so the small area is ok with us. Golf clubs fit very nicely thank-you...So far, so good.

most spacious car i've ever driven

by MambaFan92 from Austin, Tx on Sat Aug 19 2017

lots of features for a reasonable price. i love the sporty feel and power! Plenty of head and leg room both front and rear. The cargo area is not to high nor to low to load up. The tinted windows help keep the car cool during this hot summer. I have a great view of the road and feel secure being higher up and in a heavier vehicle. Couldn't have bought at a better time, summer road trip to visit friends, this was the perfect SUV to do it!.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 INFINITI EX35

The new Infiniti EX35 seemed too good to be true: a sporty five-seat crossover SUV to compete with the Acura RDX, BMW X3 and Land Rover LR2 — bargain priced and available with what seemed the coolest feature to come along in years: Around View Monitor. While testing the EX, I realized its small size and lack of towing capability make it compete as much if not more with wagons like the Audi A4 Avant, BMW 328 and Volvo V50 T5. It compares favorably with these models, but the price difference isn't as jaw-dropping among these peers as it is versus the X3 and LR2.

And yes, the Around View Monitor option, which uses multiple cameras to let you see all the way around the EX35, turns out to be the... Read More