2011 EX35

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Love this car

by EX 35 Owner from Atlanta,GA on December 28, 2010

A first look at this car should tell you your not going to haul a tremendous amount with it. However, my family and I have found that it meets our day to day shopping and cargo hauling needs. On those occasions we have needed more room we put down the back seats and it has met our needs. This car drives and handles like a sports car. It is a joy to drive everyday and begs to go when you give it a little gas. Fuel mileage is a little on the low side. I guess that is the price you pay for a car with power. The interior is very plush and comfortable. The front seats more so than the back, which are a little cramped. This car has every electronic gadget you can imagine. We particularly enjoy the around view monitor. It makes parking in tight spots a little easier.

Uses car for Towing

EX35 In Arizona

by Mar in AZ from Peoria, Arizona on February 27, 2011

We love the interior, but it could be larger to allow buckling of the seat belt a little easier and the back seats are not too comfortable. Waiting for summer to arrive to see how it handles the HEAT. Love its performance and the way it handles the road. After 3 G35's, our EX 35 is more quite and sound proof. It was great taking a 400 mile trip knowing it can be relied upon. Infiniti has created another great vehicle.

Spectacular!

by Demanding driver from Los Angeles, CA on August 11, 2013

This car is incredible! First, the navigation system is the only one around in a luxury brand with a touchscreen -- good old finger pointing! The other brands have irritating and slow input methods -- why do they make it difficult??? Also, it drives really nice, and the incorporated technology and finishes are superb. I highly recommend this car to anyone as picky as I am!

Some problems

by gsalemi from Connecticut on June 26, 2011

The car is tight but I also find it acceptable most of the time. I asked the dealer what that electrical device on the spare tire was. They said it was a sub woofer. I said I don't think it's working and they answered "oh, it's working". The hatch does not rise up in the winter. It works fine in the summer but not at all in the winter. The dealer said "well, you have to push it up". He did that and it worked...after the car was warmed up indoors for 45 minutes. Several times a sensor light has come on and we go to the dealer and they shut it off. The air bag light came on and they kept it for a week changing the module and several other things including a wiring harness in the column. When we picked it up the light was off, we drove a few feet and stopped after hearing a loud thud. That was the first time we heard the sub woofer after almost a year of driving the car. We love the car but there are a lot of minor problems that the dealer can fix but I guess chooses not to. We'll have to get rid of it before the warranty runs out. Too bad because it is a lot of fun to drive.

Does not recommend this car!!

Zippy

by Kingstone from Tn on July 30, 2011

One of the most interesting cars I have owned. I am 6 feet. This is one of my wife's two cars at first I did not enjoy driving the car on occasion, but the technology is unsurpassed. The ride is also unequalled for a car this size.

infiniti ex35

by sammyh from California on July 29, 2011

Hot, hot, hot! Very happy with the ex. very sporty, fast, comfy. 1st luxury car, wont be my last. Why is this car so unpopular?

Great small SUV

by Soxfan from Boston, MA on August 16, 2011

great small SUV - very luxurious, got a great price under invoice. Very well equipped and comfortable. Only thing I mark it down for is MPG - not terrible but wish was better - I avg 20.5 with roughly 50% hi-way. Around town I get maybe 15 but on a long hi-way trip (Boston to Portland) I can get close to 27 (Although I drive very conservatively these days and keep it usually around 70). Plenty of zip when you need it at 297 hp.

Not flawless, but close

by B-Limey from South Texas on June 14, 2011

Yes it is a bit snug, although none of my 6' friends have complained either front or back. Beautiful interior with excellent fit and finish. The 7 speed keeps the engine humming and it pulls very well at all times. If you manual shift, the engine will match engine revs on downshifts...much fun! 19" wheels add a bit of road noise but the excellent Bose system can cover it well. Extremely well equipped with voice activated nav, sound system and bluetooth. Rear wheel drive is a joy after all the front drive, torque steering stuff out there. A little thirsty, on premium, and a couple of packages can put you in the mid $40s. So, pricey, snug and excellent

who knew a crossover would put a smile on my face!

by avarege joe from berkeley, ca on July 23, 2011

So my wife and i just bought this car a few days ago, we traded in our 2008 Accord coupe EX-L V6. we don't have kids but with both of our parents getting on in age we felt like we needed a car with 4 doors. Some people over 6 feet may find it a bit tight in the back seat but for most people it will be fine.I wanted a BMW 3 she said no boring sedans!! so we spent two weeks looking around untill we though of Infiniti. It was perfect 4drs a powerfull engine and i love the style, a lot of times cars these days just look so boxy.This stands out. The ride is quite you bearly feel a bump and if your like me and like to drive on winding roads this thing is great the handling is spot on, also passing anything anywhere is a breeze with the 297hp engine. So if you are thinking of buying a new compact suv/crossover test drive this thing you will love it!

Disappointed on second look

by Driving Enthusiast with practical needs from Lansing, KS on December 13, 2010

My husband and I test drove the EX35 for a second time. I never noticed it so much until winter started, just how uber-cramped the front seats are. It's not just the rear passenger seat room. I wore a warm, but not huge winter coat & I could barely reach down to buckle my seat belt. Room to move around was limited. It felt very snug (in a bad way) & claustrophobic. Infiniti says that it is not safe to tow with this car & doesn't recommend it claiming it's due to having RWD and not enough tourque. While the AWD is not full time, it does have plenty of tourque and why is a 4000# SUV not designed to pull anything whatsoever? Handling was very good (haven't driven it in the snow though) and it has plenty of bells and whistles. The back has a decent amount of storage capability for a small car. Given the price, cramped room for the driver & front seat passenger, lack of towing ability & full time AWD, after having taken a second look we're going to have to rethink purchasing this car sad to say. It doesn't fit our needs as well as we had first hoped. Visually, it is a beautiful small car.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2