2005 FX45

2005 INFINITI FX45

2005 INFINITI FX45

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2005 INFINITI FX45?

Fierce Performance, Tiring Ride

by BMW Fan from Seattle, WA on Tue May 30 2006

Purchased this '05 Model New to replace an '02-M5 (my 2nd car). Even after coming out of a 400HP perf. sedan like the M5, the FX45 was a very strong performer. Acceleration at high speeds was outstanding - I even outran a Magnum (Hemi-engine) on a moderately high-speed sprint around some traffic from 60-90+ mph on the open road. Handling was excellent for an SUV, crisp and extremely neutral - almost sports car like. AWD provided acceptable (but not great) handling on the minimal ice/snow around here in the NW. Also, loved the backup camera - made parking a breeze! But alas, after 12 months and ~7500 miles this one had to go due to the extremely harsh ride (not hard, not firm, but genuinely "harsh") and the lousy gas mileage (13mpg city - when driving gently, and 17mpg on a 700 mile jaunt with cruise control)

Great all around vehicle

by Awdfan from Phoenix, AZ on Sun Dec 02 2012

Vehicle has great handling and picks up quickly (as to be expected with a V8) the ride is stiff, although drives very well on the highway (knew that going in with 20" wheels and sport tuned suspension). The cabin is the quietest of any vehicle I have owned and the quality of the interior is well put together-- even being 7 years old, vehicle is without rattles. Back seat space is really best equipped to comfortably have 2 adults. Appearance of any vehicle is a personal preference, but I love the way it looks and have had several compliments on my vehicle. I was looking for a higher end vehicle that had awd, strong performance, and additional space for kid/equipment (stroller, car seat, golf clubs, etc.), without being overly large or boxy. The Infiniti fx45 fits this criteria perfectly; it drives more like a sedan, but give a bit more functionality for various excursions. I docked a star on comfort due to the harshness of the ride and a star on reliability as the CD player is prone to skipping and there is not a factory auxillary input (300 watt Bose system with nav and a cassette player?) also the tire pressure warning comes on intermittently even though all tires are properly inflated.

Couldn't ask for more . . .

by Eternal Optimist from Carson City, NV on Mon May 21 2012

This car is all I asked for and more. The performance is amazing, the styling is pleasing and the value is satisfying. Lexus of Reno was very easy to work with. Yes, I'll go back -- if I ever want to trade this car, that is.

I could have had a Cayenne

by bobhatboro from hatboro, PA on Tue Nov 08 2011

Looking for another car is always half the fun. Finding the perfect one completes the experience. We go through this process every two years (at least). This FX45 is my second one in a row. And I would buy a third when the time comes. The power is thrilling, the composure is reassuring, and the styling is way beyond most cars I find myself passing at 80mph. I almost traded for an Acura RL, but could not give up that V8 torque. However we bought the RL in addition to my FX. My curreny 2005 FX is more loaded than my 2003 was----------but just as fast. Wish the car was a little better in snow, but I am sure this is a tire issue. And some expensive 20 incher snows should take care of it. Other than that, I have no complaints, and look forward to my next one in about 2 years. I recommend purchasing used from an Infiniti dealer only.

Very reliable and fun to drive

by GWolff from Denver, CO on Mon Sep 25 2017

I love the styling, performance, comfort and reliability of this car. The traction control system works incredibly well in snow. The V8 engine is fantastic. The 2005 FX45 is superior in many ways to my 2014 QX70 which is a V6.

Best All Around Vehicle I Ever Owned

by FX45 Fan from New York on Wed Jan 23 2013

I've owned BMW's, Porsche's, Audi's and Lexus's and this is the best all around vehicle I've ever owned. I purchased a fully loaded 2005 FX45 and have enjoyed every minute driving it. It handles like a sports car with the utility of an suv. I've driven to Maine in the winter on many occasions (recommend installing snow tires) without any problems. The car has been rock solid and Infiniti service has been the best (at least in my case). Can't say enough good things about this car. A truly amazing vehicle.