2000 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 8 reviews

Great Car

by from Philadelphia, PA on April 23, 2009

I've had my 2000 G20t for 2 years now. I have an automatic and purchased it with about 67k on it. I've since put 30k miles on it, and the car has been holding up great. It's very comfortable on the highway and the driver's seat is great. I've had to get normal work done on the car, tires, brakes, and exhaust..but the engine and everything seems to be doing great. Pros: Interior comfort, leather seats, steering. Exterior looks are great too, the year is nearly 10 years old and still has a nice look to it. Cons: One cup holder that won't hold anything except a small cup of coffee. Underpowered, the car is a little heavy and the automatic transmission is slow to accelerate without hitting high rpms. Overall, I love driving the car and would buy it again. Since they replaced this in '03 with the G35, that might be a nice upgrade sometime in the future.

Can a car be perfect?

by from Great Neck, NY on April 11, 2009

Owned a 2000 G20 for 8+ years now. Most reliable car ever owned. I am actually afraid I will never get another car again! Engine feels so refined and it wants to be revved high. At 60-65 mph, it's quiet, smooth and solid. Also, surprisingly never mentioned, it has the most comfortable driver's seat you could want. Back fatigue has never been a problem on long drives. I think they built this car too good. It is totally japanese and made in Japan. Even little things like bulbs haven't burned out yet. I just changed front brake pads once and oil changes. This engine probably ranks up with corolla's engine as the most reliable 4 cylinders ever made.

Value for money

by from Texas on January 18, 2010

This is an excellent machine. I love it. It is good for first time owner or a student. My wife is crazy about the interior and the sound system.

Very Reliable Car

by from San Antonio, TX on November 6, 2010

Running at 185k miles with little work or repair and plan to run this well past 200k miles. This has been a tremendous car.

Best Car Yet

by from San Diego, CA on November 13, 2014

I've only had my 2000 G20t for about 6 months and I am so in love with this car. This trooper car has over 246,000 miles and only has minor problems. I needed to get an O2 sensor replaced, fix a belt, and a couple other things along with still needing to get a big oil leak fixed but for how many miles this thing has that's not too bad. This car seems like it will last forever as long as maintenance is kept up with on it. This car is seriously a tank. I hope to get many more miles out of it

great car

by from metairie,La. on September 18, 2008

excellent car ,very comfortable,very stylish and reliable,would recommend this vehicle,It would make a wonderful gift

Warning

by from Bergen Co, NJ on November 2, 2008

I have owned a 2000 G20t for about 5 years. I have practily rebulid this car since I bought it. New trans, A/C never works right, stalls CONSTENLY. It seem like every 3 months theres something new that goes wrong and is NEVER cheap to fix. If your think about this car... RUN

Reliable Durable Luxury

by from Washington, DC on December 1, 2016

i've got about 170k on it and it has handled it like a champ. Replaced the brakes in 2015, the starter in 2012, and the muffler in 2011. The muffler and brakes rusted quickly after being kept outside amid some harsh winters. It's not a great car for tall (6' +) people, but I put the seat as low as I can and flipped the headrest 180° to make it more comfortable.