2004 G35

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best Car Out There

by Infiniti Guy from on July 16, 2010

Great low maintenance car. Always fires up and is a real sporty and comfy car to own. If looking at a Infiniti G35 look at 2004 and up. 2003 model had a TON of issues.

I love the g35!!!

by G35 enthusiast from Colorado Springs, CO on February 27, 2013

I was looking for a g35 for a pretty long time and when I finally came across the 04 that I purchased for less then 16k and with only 50k miles I was in heaven. I love everything about the car besides the gas milage but you can't really complain about that because it is a sports car. I have put a little over 5k miles on it and haven't had any issues yet. This car is simple perfect for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an entry level sports coupe.

Great buy

by ilikecars from Baltimore, MD on March 28, 2012

This car looks great inside and out. Is comfortable enough for a near lexury feel, while maintaining a good connection to the road so that you don't feel too isolated. Great power and control when you want it, but drives nicely at low speeds too. So far, it has been very reliable. The only disadvantage is the very poor gas mileage. I have averaged about 18 mpg.

Fast, price & comfort all in one

by G35 owner from Durham NC on November 24, 2008

I've owned my G35x sedan since it was new. After 4 years and 40k miles I still love this car. Pro's: the V6 has tons of punch, the AWD helps you stick to the corners in rain or snow, the styling is timeless and sporty especially if you have the Aero package. The interior is comfortable and the seats have great bolsters for spirited driving. Con's: The brakes, or really the brake pads. Infinity installed super soft pads that provide great braking but sacrifice brake dust and longevity. I swapped out my OEM pads for some Hawk HPS pads and the problem is now fixed. Great value for the money, and I know because I've owned a Lexas IS250, and BMW 330xi. No major repairs in 4 years of ownership just oil changes and regular maint.

It's a dream car with a sports car mentality

by design4u from NY on March 1, 2011

This is my second G35. First one was totalled in an accident (speed was not involved)... Car took the hit and kept us safe. I went out and got another g35 only this was a 2004. Bought the 2004 as a 4 year old car... It was mint and the dealer was superb (Massapequa Infinity). Car is smooth riding yet has sportscar handling. Gas milage is 18 - 22 and if tank is 1/4 full, you can get 24mpg on the highway. this is amazing for a car with so much horsepower. Third brake light went bad, and that has been the only issue I had to pay for ($300 or so)... Axle needed to have bearings fixed (57000 miles on car) and the dealer covered it.... I would buy this car again in a heartbeat.... Love all Nissan products as the company is reliable and truthful.... Tried to get my Honda Odessey covered under a warranty for the transmission issues they have (2001) and they told me that since the car was made in Canada, I am not covered. Imagine that ! So, hello Nissan / Infinity.

Love the G

by G35Lover from on May 26, 2010

It's the fastest and the most thrilling car I've owned. The way the car handles while on the highway, while turning, is just spectacular.

sleeper performance with all wheel drive

by All weather driver from Boulder, CO on April 11, 2011

This car was completely off my radar until a mechanic suggested I look into it since I was looking for an all wheel drive car that was reliable and fun to drive. Since then, I see them around and know that all those drivers know the secret fun machine that these cars are. It is solidly built, the traction control and ABS are top notch, and the fun factor is huge. Around town mpg is not great, but restraint helps. So does bicycle commuting. On the highway, the car tracks dead straight, passes and merges with complete confidence, and does it all with comfort and luxury. The frame is super stiff and the rear-wheel handling really shines, until you need the all wheel drive, and the fancy magnetic differential seamlessly does its work. And Infiniti reliability is excellent, so we just need oil changes and tires. A great car!

So Close to Perfect

by Brandon from Spartanburg, SC on June 21, 2011

I bought a 2004 Coupe 5 months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the car. The styling is great, and I have had people ask if the car was new, only to be surprised when I tell them it is 7 years old now. This is one of those cars whose styling will last the test of time. The steering is really precise and quick, and gives lots of feedback. The engine note is fantastic, and the car is really quick. The ride is the perfect mix between comfort and stiffness which gives you great handling without breaking your back. The seats are also great. Comfortable and supportive. There are a few small things that you may not like. The interior plastic can creak and rattle when going over rough roads, and when you put the seat back after letting someone in or out of the back seat, it doesn't recline back to the position it was before. My window motor recently decided to die, which seems to be a common problem with these cars, but other than that it has been perfectly reliable. Gas mileage isn't the greatest, but you don't buy a car like this to get great MPG. When all of my dislikes are just little imperfections, you know you're talking about a great car. I look forward to driving it everyday and it is a blast to take on some spirited driving. When compared to a BMW in the same price range, it is a bargain.

So far so good.

by pelle from Mad Town,WI.(Where Dems r poor losers) on April 28, 2011

Bought 2004 Infinity G35x towards end of winter.The AWD did great in the snow.If you plan on driving in the winter the AWD is your only option.The RWD version is useless in the snow.Wish I would have got the wood grain,the fake chrome look is cheap silver gloss plastic.The power is exceptional for a V6.It's throaty which I like and has a tight suspension,meaning you feel the road and bumps more than average.Very nice car.Looks much tougher than newer versions.

best car we have ever owned

by happy g from long beach, ca on October 12, 2015

We bought our 2004 g35 about 6 or 7 years ago with 63k on it. we now have almost 130k and absolutely zero repairs. I mean 0. we get about 19mpg each tank with a mix of city and highway. she is fast and comfy. cold a/c and great handling. we will keep until the tranny goes. best car and most fun you can get for the money in my opinion. only cost is spark plugs are about 270 because of labor but they last 100k. you want synthetic oil at all times, she does not run the same with cheap oil. we get synthetic changed about every 7500 miles. also requires premium fuel. other maintenance is all the same cost as any other car we have owned. literally have only changed tires and wiper blades. could go on, but just gonna say I highly recommend it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9