2005 G35

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Two words - expensive powerhouse

by Soon to be ex-G35x driver from Reading, PA on April 5, 2015

I bought this G35x in Oct 14 with 127k miles on it. It had regular dealer service to 110k miles and even though it had a bit of repaired body damage it was in good condition, or so I thought. Even got it checked out by a good mechanic, who gave it a clean bill of health. Less than a week after buying it, zing, the fuel pump goes (nice 350 bill). Dealer won't help and it wasn't covered under their so called warranty. In the next few months, had a wheel bearing go (380 repair), multiple engine oil leaks, a undercarriage rubbing noise that nobody, even the dealer, can diagnose that is driving me insane and on and on... And the fuel economy is pretty bad too (not even 23 on nearly all highway driving the speed limit). In just 5 months of use the car seems ready to fall apart on me... On the plus side: the engine and power of this car is absolutely phenomenal. I can shame a 400 hp Hemi Dodge P/U no problem, stock v6. The AWD is awesome in the snow, no slipping (with good tires). The stock Bose is still going strong in this 10 year old car and sounds just as good as day 1. Back in 2005 this car was the cat's meow and its luxury features today can still tut tut a newer car. The exhaust sounds great, a nice low rumble with a throaty roar when you step on the gas and get the lead out. That being said, knowing what I know now, I would not have gotten this car. It's been a blast to drive but the repair bills and maintenance costs (about $1900) in the last 5 months are too much to handle. Word to the wise, if you're looking at this year G35 go for a newer Infiniti sedan.

Does not recommend this car!!

best driving car you will find out there

by ivorypearlg35 from augusta ga on December 6, 2011

awesome driving car best sports car bang for your buck. these cars have alot of power and low cost to maintain on services. all options you could ever want in a car and fast and fun driver

Such a nice car

by G-35 Forever from colorado on April 13, 2012

The Infiniti G35 is a really comfortable car. Its very reliable and the engine is amazingly powerful. If you are looking for a car to get you around and have fun with it at the same time this is the right car for you. no even joking. hope this helps you decide if you want to get this car or not.

It's a great car to buy...

by Sportcar from Rosemead, CA on March 19, 2012

I actually loved the Nissan 370z instead of Infiniti G35, because I loved 2 doors and 2 seats only... But since I saw the Infiniti G35 with the exhaust sound, I fell in love with it. It's a great car to drive and it's very powerful to drive on freeway... In sum, I love it...Gonna change the next Infiniti G37 in 3 more years.

highest performance car I've owned

by ex-5 speed man from jacksonville, fl on September 22, 2009

The car is a hot one. It is possible to burn rubber when you simply goose it a bit. Accident avoidance is great. Throaty rumble comes from tuned exhaust and trannie shifts smoother than any I've ever experienced. Instrumentation, after four years, is still mildly confusing to me--too many buttons in a small area. Gas mileage is about 20 in town and 24 on the highway. Brakes are in need of repair too often and are expensive!

Great car

by Remik from Chicago on June 2, 2010

I just bought this car. It is super quiet and comfortable. Performance its actually very good for such heavy car. All wheel drive is great so far, we will see how good it is once winter comes. Bose system is very nice, sounds loud and clear. Breaking its very good too. Overall this car is fun to drive and super luxurious. I love it and im only 23 years old. Test drive one of these and you will know what im talking about. The only thing im missing in mine in Navigation =( well you cant have everything you want sometimes.

Handling sold me

by car lover from washington state on January 31, 2012

The power is there right now no lag time drives like its on rails. Wont be my last. Feels like your one with the car.

Awesome car!

by SteboG35x from Green bay, WI on April 27, 2015

Ive had my 2005 G35x for almost a year now. The most amazing part is the cornering and power! Having nearly 300HP with some simple aftermarket parts combined with the awesome cornering ability makes this car a joy to drive. This is my daily driver in a snowy area. The AWD is astounding on ice and snowy roads. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fast fun daily driver. However gas mileage is an issue.

Most bang for your sports car buck!

by Scratching the mid-life crisis sports car itch! from Massachusetts on June 23, 2007

I've been longing to scratch my sports car itch for over 30 years. The G35 Coupe scratched it just fine too! Like most folks, I have a family, house, mortage and a son going to college soon, so spending $60K or more on a car, wasn't in the cards. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much sports car feel I could get in this price range. I won't lie, I love the attention it gets around town and on the highway (although the Laser Red color has trained me to keep in the middle lane as this car is a magnet for police speed traps!). When the dealer told me during my test drive "You'll chicken out before you reach the limitations of the vehicle..." he was right. I do highway ramps (traditionally circles) at 45+/- mph comfortably and confidently. First gear is a bit tight but third really screams. The engine has the incredible "throaty" sound to it and while not loud or intrussive to the neighbors, it carries a unique "signature sound" as I call it. I guess the most noticeable negative in my experience would be that for trips over 3 or 4 hours, it's not especially comfortable (contoured seats etc), unless you weigh 140 lbs, which I don't. Personally, on the couple occasions when I have taken longer trips, I had to stop periodically and shake out my legs, as they were literally falling asleep. But I admit, the highway performance; acceleration from 60, 70 or 80, changing lanes and the Bose Premium Sound system that adjusted the volume proportionally with road noise, then readjusted when you got off the highway, made it a delight to drive. If you live in the north (as I do) where there is snow etc., I would recommend this as a 3 season car. If you live in the south...well, go crazy and have fun 365! (P.S. It's a great mid-life crisis car! LOL)

Just a beautiful, reliable, mouthwatering rocket

by PDXGQMAN from Portland, Oregon / Vancouver, Washington on November 19, 2006

I just purchased this car and absolutely love it. I love it because it's a 6 speed, with 298 hp, and it has the Infiniti name and reliability behind it. I compared it to the new Acura TL and this won. Mine is a pearl white in color and draws stares wherever I go. It's refined, sporty, yet clean and elegant. And once you "step inside", you are further wowed. It has everything: power galore, a moonroof, navagation, HEATED seats even~! And a 4 year / 60000 mile warranty? Sign me up~! Oh wait, I already bought it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7