NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2006 G35

2006 INFINITI G35

2006 INFINITI G35

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 INFINITI G35?

Love my G35X

by Randy V from East Tennessee on Mon Nov 30 2015

I bought my 2006 G35X used in 2011. It had 68K miles on it. Now in Nov of 2015 it has 140K miles. Overall I love driving this car. The electronically controlled AWD makes this by far the most stable AWD I have ever driven. Living in the mountains of east Tennessee, most of my vehicles have 4 wheel or AWD. I have driven Ford, Chevy, GM and Toyota AWD systems and this is far superior in my opinion. The car has lots of power, and great handling, but if you are expecting a very quiet smooth ride like a Lexus this is not your car. It has more of a sports car feel with a little bit more noise and more feedback from the road where other luxury brands I have driven, such as the Lexus isolate you more from the environment. Some people may not like this, for me I prefer the less isolated drive. Thus my friend with a Lexus thinks my car is somewhat loud with a harsher ride, and I don't think his car is fun to drive and it certainly does not handle as well. On the other had if I was going to drive a 1000 miles of interstate I would probably pick is Lexus because it would be more comfortable, but for most of the driving I do I prefer the G35X. In rainy or snowy weather this car would be my choice. And since you never know about the weather, I will stick with this car. You seem so much in control in heavy rain and in snow that other 2-wheel drive cars feel dangerous. The down side to this car (Listen here Infiniti designers) is the seats are not that comfortable. Especially for large people. I am a male that is 6 ft tall and weigh 220 lbs. This is about the maximum size butt that will comfortably fit in the seat. For long drives I put a gel cushion in the seat. My wife won't ride for more than an hour without her get cushion. Part of the problem is the seat controls were mounted in the top edge of the seat instead of on the side or on the console. The makes the seat less flexible at the controls and they put a pressure point on the leg of the wider people. Skinny folks need not worry. The seat could use a little more padding. I believe some of the later models have moved the controls off of the seat. I hoped they made them a little softer too. As far has fuel economy my AWD gets between 21 and 22 MPG. I hear the 2WD models get about 2 MPG better. But for me the increased stability for bad weather conditions is worth the hit. Maintenance wise I have had to do a fair amount of front end and suspension work when it hit 130K. This is not all that unusual, especially for AWD vehicles. Between 130K and 140K miles I replaced tie rod, shocks, front wheel bearings, control arms, transverse link assembly lower on both sides, both steering knuckles and the front right CV shaft. All those parts were about $1900 and labor was about $700 at the Firestone auto care, I am sure you would pay significantly more at the Infinity dealer. Also I should point out that every 80 to 100K miles you should change your transmission and drive train fluids. They require special synthetic lube and it will cost you over $600. You should change transmission, transfer case and both differentials. Yes AWD requires more maintenance. For me the extra cost in worth the added safety. The maintenance costs overall have been less than for my Ford Expedition which has about 160K miles on it. Other than oil, and filter changes the only engine work I have had done was a spark plug replacement at 105K miles. The engine and transmission have always performed flawlessly. The paint still looks great and I plan on putting another 140K miles on this car, unless I come upon the money to upgrade to an Infinity M37 or a Q70. I would recommend this vehicle to those who like to drive as long as your butt is not any bigger than mine.

Traded in my Chrysler 300M

by To Infinity and beyond! from New Jersey on Wed Oct 03 2012

I was shopping for an used TL when the Acura dealer said- hey- drive this one. I've put 100K miles on it- mostly highway- avg 75-85 mph with confidence. I got a great deal on a 2006 G35, its a tof of line "6MT" rear wheel drive model- all the options, a six speed tranny, love the pop-up Nav and Boise radio. Plus- Very Fast with handling to match. The first time I experienced the 4-wheel steering on an exit ramp it blew my mind- just like a corvette. Long distance drive high comfort, front and rear. Climate controls are excellent. If I'm highway crusing at 70 mph I can get 29mpg, a 425 mile range. Cons- The Rear drive is NG with ANY snow. Rain is fine as long as I've got good rubber. No Audio jacks in '06. No satellite radio. Premium gas only. But all in all, I would certainly go out of my way to buy another 06 G35, I like it far better than the new G37X. My local Infinity dealer is great- not cheap, but you get what you pay for. This is the best car I've ever owned.

Love this car

by LOVE my G from Wichita, Ks on Wed Nov 10 2010

SHARP SHARP SHARP! Entertained a mustang but to get decent HP was going to have to throw a lot more money into it and let's face it, there's a LOT of mustangs driving around, I like the G's style and uniqueness. After test driving it I had to have it. Decided a sports car was the way to go though I like muscle cars too. The G35 comes standard w/all the bells and whistles you're going to have to pay to get on a muscle car and it's impossible to figure out what a mustang is worth due to the dozens of packages out there. Only regret is not buying it sooner! The Pearl White & gray interior was hard to find but well worth the wait. The frame feels pretty stiff which isn't an issue unless you hit a bump while turning a corner then the rear end can hop a bit. The Bose package is great and the premium wheels are a must, they fill the fenders up nicely. The wheels are staggered so if you keep the factory set-up there is no rotating the tires. Torque and HP is there throughout all of the gears so passing on the highway is a cinch, no lag in cruise mode on hills, etc. The auto headlights & heated seats have spoiled me rotten. Don't know how it does in bad weather but I had a stick shift pick-up for 8 years so I'm sure it'll be fine. This car will pamper you :)

Quickest and most stable car I've owned

by pro G35x from New Brunswick, Canada on Thu Oct 15 2009

I have had the car a couple of months and am impressed with it. It is, by far, the quickest and most fun driving experience for me. Pros Handling, power, driver's seat, Bose stereo, fuel consumption (previous vehicle an SUV) Cons Odd transmission shifting from first to second, some interior squeaks, front passenger seat is not nearly as comfortable as the driver's, paint scratches quite easily as does the paint on the rims I recommend this vehicle for a person who likes more of a sports car since it is built on a Nissan 350Z platform. If a person likes a smooth luxury ride, try something else.

I love this Baby G!

by INDY G with The Baby G! from CA, Los Angeles. on Thu Aug 17 2006

I love the ward's 10 best award winnig 3.5 L engine with 298 HP...wish they had more torque that matches up the HP. Engine has it's unique roaaar.....sounds beautiful!

Great Performance and Handling

by Car Guru from Brooklyn, NY on Sat Aug 04 2007

I purchased the 2006 G35X new in March of 2007. The performance and handling are the strong points of this vehicle. For the money, it's a better value than any BMW or Mercedes. I have not had one problem in 5 months of ownership. The interior has too much plastic and can be a little noisy if you are traveling on a rough road at highway speeds. The all wheel drive comes in handy in the rain and especially the snow. I strongly recommend the G35X to anyone who is looking for a sporty and luxury sedan.

Great Infiniti

by DakotaProf from Fargo, ND on Wed Dec 22 2010

My 2006 Infiniti G35X is an excellent vehicle. The car handles very well and has excellent acceleration. I would definitely purchase another Infiniti.

Best sport car

by Kevin from Silver spring MD on Sun Oct 07 2018

The best sport car you can buy for cheap, it may be a 2 door but has 4 seats, wouldn’t recommend it but if you had to you could fit 4 people, once you floor it you could feel the car just pull, the power is amazing on this car

money saver

by Tony from Longisland on Sat Nov 16 2013

I recommend any one who is looking for a cheap car to go here . Great buy and team work !!!!!! Thank you for making this purchase as easy as pie .

best. car. ever.

by Elizabeth from Long island, New york on Wed Dec 09 2009

I bought this car new in may 2006, I love this car very much. I was involved in three accidents and all three times the car handeled amazingly. (WASNT MY FAULT.. rearended & front end ran over). This car is amazing in every aspect and i can go on all day. The only issue i have ever had with the car is the power window regulator went twice. But the car is under warranty for 4 years so i didnt pay a dime!!! Wonderful car. handles amazingly, stops on a dime!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 INFINITI G35

Here's how tough it is to keep up in the automotive business these days: Five days after test driving a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan last month, Infiniti rolls out the 2007 version of the car at the New York International Auto Show.

C'mon guys, one at a time!

So, with the understanding that a more powerful, more luxury-loaded G35 four-door model with an extensively redesigned interior could be available in November, here's the lowdown on the '06 model. (And who knows? Infiniti dealers might be willing to part with it for a little less money when the 2007 shows up.)

The current G35 Sedan is classy inside and out. It's a genuine luxury passenger car. And not for $50,000 but for an entirely reasonable starting... Read More