Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1996 I30

1996 INFINITI I30

$500 - $500  MSRP Range
1996 INFINITI I30

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1996 INFINITI I30?

Best Riding Experience on the Roads

by Anand from Rochester, NY on Thu Sep 07 2006

First of all, it was a used car I bought at 78k miles but dint feel like one. It was running as good as any latest models of cars that I drove from rental possibly. One cannot ignore the power and the pickup of the roaring V6. For a 1996 car, boy it was really well maintained and tuned up. I could stand up to 5 adult passengers for a 4000 mile journey. If at all I could crib about something it would be the window opener handle. The chrom plating on the handle would peel off as easy as a sticker. Also, the factory provided BOSE stereo system doesn't have an auxilary input, but man the stereo output is simply amazing with a crystal clear premium sound quality. Its something more that what I expected when I bought the car.

It measures up!

by Mr.BMW from Minneapolis, Mn on Sat Aug 01 2009

Im a huge Bmw fan because of the mix of luxury and performance. When I purchased this I30 I was surprised witht the reality of how luxurious and sporty it is. This is an amazing car, mine has 234,000 miles on it, and it runs as if I just took it off the lot. The only negetives I would point out, would be the alternator which goes bad every once in a while and how rocky it is at slower city speeds. At high speeds it is wonderful, I was hitting 120 on my way to chicago and I was changing lanes like a normal car would going 70. Personally, I love it and I think its a wonderful car, especially for the money!

Exceptional value.

by Andrew from Leesburg, VA on Sat Oct 06 2012

I bought my '96 I30 used with 87k miles. As of October 2012, I have 293k miles on it and the engine still runs wonderfully smoothly. At 150k miles, I had the lower part of the engine resealed, which was the most expensive repair I've had completed to date. I had the mass air sensor replaced to fix a stall problem at about 268k miles. Otherwise, I've put new tires on it and had regular oil changes, and the car has been bulletproof. I had a Stillen exhaust installed at the time of the reseal, and have had impressive economy: I get 24mpg consistently, and if I put the car on cruise at 2500rpm, which equates to 72mph, I can get 35mpg. This car smoothes out the bumps and flattens out the hills. It's been a pleasure to own and can highly recommend it.

Best for highway

by Fady from Alexandria on Thu Apr 05 2012

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is powerful and amazingly good at hitting speed on the highway. I drive 2000 miles every month. It is strong, comfortable, fast like a racing car. The stereo (Boss enabled) has an amazing sound quality. I would recommend anyone to buy it. However, few things to mention: if you are thinking about economy driving this car is not for you. It actually consumes a lot of fuel. It would cost me $50 for a 3.5 hour journey one way. Nevertheless given the speed, security and comfort of this car, it seems reasonable to buy it. So, bottom line, go for it if you are hitting the road often and are looking for comfort and speed.

My Infiniti I30

by Happy Car Owner from San Francisco, CA on Thu Dec 30 2010

Most reliable car I've ever owned. At 216,000 miles, it's still going strong. The steering isn't as tight as I would like.

310K miles GOING STRONG

by TGV from Green Valley, AZ on Mon Sep 19 2016

Bought new Aug. 1995 in Houston. Great car, only used synthetic oil for changes. Over 21 years old now, a/c will freeze you out even in AZ. heat here. Great Bose Stereo and even a cassette player. I think this car may outlast me. They don't make them this well anymore!

had 'er nine years

by sports car enthusiast from denver,co on Wed Oct 24 2007

love this car. will never let her go. has a few problems in her old age but still performs rather well.

Our Take on the 1996 INFINITI I30

The Infiniti Division of Nissan Motor Corp. knew it had a good thing in its flagship Q45 model. Not one to gloss over an opportunity, Infiniti built an I30 version that copied many of the Q45's advanced features.

In 1996 form, the I30 is being offered in Standard, Leather, and Touring versions, the latter designed for drivers who want to do more than just sit there and steer.

For this version, Infiniti adds a sports-tuned suspension, wide-tread 215/60R 15 H-rated tires, performance forged alloy wheels, and a rear deck lid spoiler that has an integrated rear-center stoplight. It also has a traction- control system as standard equipment.

To set the Touring off from the rest of the line, styling includes... Read More