1997 I30

4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design

All Reviews

200,000 Miles and only had to replace on thing

by Drea from Denver CO on June 30, 2012

My Infiniti I30 is an amazing car, I've only had to replace the fuel pump the whole 200,000 miles I put on the car and of course tires. Its fast and had a lot of power behind the wheel. Everyone thinks it's a 2006 when really its a 1997. I'd recommend this car to anyone.

reliable and loaded with luxury

by business traveler from Marysville WA on June 14, 2016

I bought a lease return 97 i30 in 2001 with 42k miles. I enjoyed driving this powerful-comfortable-economical sedan for 8 years (then I changed companies and was assigned a company car). It was reliable, just routine maintenance, tires & brakes. In 2010, I sold it to my daughter, who just added gas and drove, daily (if you know what I mean). Now it has 258k miles. A few years back, it got (2) CVA joints @$185, then an alternator & battery. Now it get shocks & tie-rod ends, because it deserves them. It still runs strong. That bulletproof Nissan VQ30DE engine has a timing chain (not a belt), Dual OverHead Cams and 24 Valves. It just keeps going! Our family loves this car.

Powerful, luxurious Car

by Rider from Dayton, OH on July 21, 2013

This is wonderful car. It is powerful and luxurious car. Looks beautiful from outside and inside. I love the interior.

300,000 miles.....still going strong

by hooked on infiniti from arizona on May 16, 2011

Best car ever. No major problems. Just sold it and got a 2003 i35... Tires brakes starter alternator and battery are the only things I had fixed..

No other vehicle ever made past/present matches it

by Fastcar from Illinois on March 3, 2018

I’ve been in it for 12 years now, with 155k miles, and I’m supposed to replace it. But I’ve test driven so many cars, trucks, SUVs, and yes some vehicles come close to the I30, but nothing equals the ride, comfort, performance and handling of this I30. I’m sad the newer Infiniti’s are as rough riding as all the other vehicles they meet on the road. So I can’t count on Infiniti for a smooth comfortable ride going forward. Those larger rim low profile tires may be cool looking but they make for one harsh tiring ride. The I30 was able to just absorb all the road imperfections without sacrificing crisp handling and power, it was never spongy or bouncy like other sedan vehicles or a harsh sport suspension. No one ever seems to get it, either. It needs suspension work now and rust has gotten the best of it. The indomitable Nissan V6 power train of that era keeps going and going. This truly was built like a tank, made in Japan, when they actually had quality control on the assembly lines!