Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 I30

2000 INFINITI I30

2000 INFINITI I30

Have You Driven the 2000 INFINITI I30?

Fatal Crash and Lived You want a safe car take it!

by Happy to be here! from Chicago, IL on Tue Dec 04 2007

When i was 16 I fell asleep on a trip home from Iowa. I was the only person in the car. I fell asleep with the cruise control on at about 75. I woke up when the car fell off the highway into the valley between the Interstate sides. I then woke up and I thought I was going to the right, so i jerked the wheel to the left and it being slippery my car was going to the left. I then hit the brakes and slid for many feet crashed into a guardrail and went across the highway and hit the otherside. This car is the reason I'm alive. The car was my mothers. I think that if you can afford to put your sixteen year old out in an Infiniti that is your best bet. Looking at the car after the crash, inside practically untouched except for the air bags going off, exterior, torn apart. No headlights and wheels bent in. Not to Mention the "V" the front of the car made.

Definitely a great car!

by yoadriaannn from south jersey, nj on Sat Jan 16 2010

I have owned my 2000 i30 for over 6 yrs-bought it used with over 80k miles-it has 251,000 miles now! I did have to spend money for maintenance&repairs, but that would be expected for a high mileage car, however-not many cars last long enough to give u over 250k miles. I would buy another, and i just might as i am looking for another car now. I highly recommend the infinity brand, as they no longer make the i30 model, and i also recommend the pre owned infinity's as well.

Very confortable car

by GasSaver from New York, NY on Mon Nov 29 2010

Purchased the I30 used and was a bit skeptical about the high mileage. But I needed to get rid of the gas thirsty Pathfinder. What a difference in fuel consumption and savings. Handles very well and gives a smooth ride. Very comfortable car to drive for someone who is looking for mid-size but roomy and comfortable sedan. Have received lots of positive comments on the way the interior looks and feels (all black leather). Did a complete detail when I purchased the car and it looks like it was just out of the factory. I now understand why these cars hold their market value so well.

awsome car

by big blue from on Thu Jun 04 2009

i own a 2000 i30t and it is the best car i have ever driven you can feel the power and its very comfy

One of the best cars I've owned.

by Machinery Man from Chattanooga, TN on Sat Jul 24 2010

This is one of the best cars I've ever owned and I've owned over 100 cars. I bought mine used eight months ago with 109,000 miles on it. I now have over 130,000 miles on it. The only two complaints that I have is the radiator is made of plastic and I had to replace it and the car doesn't have a compass. For Pete's sake my 1996 Jeep Cherokee Classic has an electronic compass. A big plus is that the V6 engine has timing chains instead of belts. All in all I love the car.

A great relaiable car

by tamer0176 from Monterey, CA on Tue Oct 10 2017

Very reliable, elegant, comfy, luxurious and does not like mechanics. I had Acura and Lexus before and this one is the same quality. Buy with confidence.

The I30 was styled ahead of it's time.

by ZF on Sun Jul 29 2018

Personally, I think the I30 was one of the nicer cars of it's time. Ahead of Audi, BMW, and the works for a 2000. The car did have some rust issues and a few transmission sensors that went bad after a while, but it ran like a dream. My favorite feature was the rear sunshade. The Bose audio system sounds excellent as well!

Best for the money.

by Alex from Scottsdale, AZ on Mon Aug 14 2006

I owe Nissans and Infiniti cars only. Reason is very simple, you got what you paid for. Quality is excellent, well deserved to be callled best brand on the road.

Great Car

by Jay from Orlando, FL on Tue Feb 20 2007

This car performs well overall. Nice pickup. Plus it come standard with almost every option. The leather enterior is also nice since it is easy to clean.

Nice car

by gearhaad 1977 from Baltimore, Md on Mon Aug 21 2017

I got this car on special at a dealer, and special she was. There were 127,000 miles on it. I recently sold it to my aunt with about 189,000 on it. Very reliable. Besides basic maintenance, I only replaced the started, and left cv axel. Still running strong.

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 INFINITI I30

In Native American lore, certain tribes are said to have gauged their greatness by the might of their enemies.

Measured by that standard, the Infiniti I30 seems to be great indeed because it's surrounded by a veritable throng of successful adversaries.

Of course, what that old tradition fails to mention is that some of these great tribes attracted such a formidable collection of enemies that they were either geographically displaced or eclipsed altogether.

Which is precisely the dilemma facing this new car. It's pitted against some very tempting players in a very popular and expanding class -- the so-called entry luxury segment. Noteworthy in this low- to mid-$30,000 realm are the Acura 3.2... Read More