2002 I35

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Luxury over performance

by Mike from Boston, MA on July 31, 2008

I bought my 02 I35 about six months ago with 55k and have had no problems since. I put over 100 miles on my car a day traveling from work and back. I've put it through some pretty strenuous driving going in and out of the city everyday. No matter how hard I drive it, it still runs and sounds silky smooth when i pull up to my driveway at the end of the night. Good power, awesome braking, responsive handling, and an overall luxurious ride make me very happy. I look forward to my next 200k in this car, haha.

Quietest car I have ever owned

by 71 Goatman from Amery, WI on May 7, 2012

Purchased a 2002 Infiniti I35 with 88k miles on it. The car was in phenomenal condition when purchased. My favorite features are heated leather front and rear seats, kick but stereo that includes a subwoofer. The acceleration is unreal. The road noise inside the car is non-exsistent, and finally the sunroof......Need I say more? I will without question be purchasing another Infiniti in the future.

Comfort, Style, A true driving experience

by I35Guy from Madison, WI on October 10, 2012

Originally I had been looking at Nissan Maximas and I30's and I35's. It was I30 for 2000, and 2001. Then the I35 name kicked in 2002, 2003, 2004. I ultimately chose the I35 because I wanted the 3.5 V6. I was looking at Maxima GLE's which is the luxury Maximas. I started test driving I35s and found that they were a bit more fun. The styling is a little more unique and it gets looks. It's a very comfortable car for a road trip. Overall I achieve about 25 or 26 mpg. This car has no problem getting up to speed or passing.

Runs Like a Top

by knithorse from Auburn, CA on January 16, 2012

Have owned my Infiniti I-35 since spring of 2002...had 8K miles (used by the dealer's ad person) when purchased. Wonderful acceleration and still stylish after all these years. Holds the road well in snow and sleet without chains. Only drawback is its wide turning radius. Currently has 133K miles and going strong...my mechanic says it "runs like a top".

Great daily driver/premium first car

by Wolfy from Nassau, New York on August 16, 2015

I got my i35 as a first car with 117k, this car has great ergonomics, looks and performance for what it is. I really loved the interior and power, the radio was excellent. Some weaknesses are that mine got 18-20 mpg around town, the turning radius is larger then it should be for its size, and the interior faux wood isn't the most convincing. It had a lot of repairs that needs to be done during my ownership including tranny /motor mounts, control arms, A/C compressor, and radiator and hoses. This may be poor past maintance though and it had been two other people's first cars. I'd beware if you wanted to get this as a kids first car if they think they're a racecar driver because they might not be mature enough for the speed of the car. Mine was eventually rear ended after nearly two years of ownership and with 13k put on it. I'm looking into now getting either another i35, g35, or maybe a Lexus GS.

Second Infinit I've Owned and there still great

by Luxury over Richies from Rio Rancho, NM on February 26, 2012

All that I can say is that if your not driving one, you should. My first was A G56 sedan. Now this one is as powerful as my last and very dependable also. Please consider Infinit as your choice for a great automobile.

Engine Quit

by Leatherwood from Concord, CA on November 10, 2017

Car ran perfectly until 115,00 miles when the Renault build engine's piston ring collapsed resulting in 250 miles pre quart of oil. During life of car the oil was changed every 2000miles

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Bang For Your Buck!

by I35Lover from Greensboro on October 20, 2017

This model of Infiniti is amazing. Not only do you get the reliability of the Japanese Nissan, but with Infiniti, you get premium leather seats, Bose Audio, Luxury Interior, smoother ride, and much more. I personally am a huge fan of music, so the Bose Audio is a huge plus. The exterior of the car look amazing in any color, especially on 17" factory allow wheels! It feels like the suspension has been upgraded from Nissan though, because it feels a lot smoother on the road than the same year Maximas. The 3.5L engine gives you the power when you need it! But it is also amazing on gas, Google says 20 city/26 hwy, but I've gotten as good as 29 hwy. Great for road trips, great for family. Taking it to the mountains next month.

Very good car

by The Pirate from Austin, TX on October 1, 2017

My '02 I35 has been in the family since my dad purchased it new. Everything works as it did the day it was brought home. My wife has a MB C230 Sport which is very similar, even if the Infi. is not the Sport model. Powerful, comfortable interior, can drive it all day w/o fatigue, leather, moonroof, about the same size. But it does all that at a fraction of the cost. No $800 thermostats, no $1,600 fuel pumps (there's two, most people replace them both when one fails!). Of course it just isn't a MB, the Benz is much more highly engineered. But it does everything one could ask of it. 90k miles on it and still going strong. Criticisms are what one hears here, lots of torque-steer and a very poor turning radius. I think the Bose radio, complete with time period correct cassett player is incredible. I should get the plugs replaced but have been holding off with probably a $400 cost. I run a little PRI-G fuel treatment thru it, and it runs smooth as silk.

Love this car

by JG from Trenton on March 31, 2017

My new 02 infinity I 35 is great. Even better than a 03 e320 I had. Since purchasing this car from nj auto sales, I immediately fell in luv with it. It runs great ! The ride is smooth, stylish and powerful at the same time. Luv this car

1 2 3