2004 Infiniti M 45

AWESOME

by from Chicago on September 18, 2006

Great car! I have owned a Lexus, Bmw, and and Audi. This car is tops. V8 has great power, with VDC off and shift yuoself mode you are looking @60mph in 6 seconds flat. I bought it used with 27.5K miles for $25K. The A/C seats are great and so is Navigation system and intelligent cruise. Now what's wrong. The styling was not popular, but I like it. The 18" wheels are beautiful. I think the car looks great. Wind noise on the highway is too loud for a $50K car, and the throttle response is slow when the transmission is in the automatic mode. Throttle response is good if you shift yourself. Still don't know why I got this car for $25K with 3.5 years left on the factory warranty and only 27.5k miles. I love it!

best quality car I have ever owned

by from Orange County, CA on July 7, 2009

The M-45 (2004 model) is a truly awesome vehicle and it has exceeded my expectations ever since I purchased it new from a local dealer in May, 2004. The car has a very classy look to it, almost like a small limousine. It is dignified yet sexy but what I like most is it is distinct. I live in an area in Southern California where "everybody" drives a Mercedes or a BMW, with a few Lexus thrown in for good measure. Those vehicles are okay, but oh, so commonplace and yuppyish. This Infiniti did not sell nearly as well as it should have considering all you get with this car. It has comfortable easily adjustable seats(bucket) in front and seats two in the back in comfort or three in a squeeze. It has a seat/mirror memory for 2 drivers so you can push one button to retrieve your own settings. It has a sunroof and when I use it, it reminds me of the convertible days of my youth. It has a wonderfully big and powerful engine which makes it faster than 95% of the cars on the road. It has a choice of automatic transmission or stick shift(without you needing to use a clutch). It has the auto-pilot for cruise control so you can rest your foot on the highway, and it will maintain your safe distance from other cars. The Bose sound system is the best I have ever experienced with something like 8 speakers. The rearview mirror dims at night so headlights don't scramble your brain. If you want to adjust temperature, or do something with the entertainment system, you can give it a voice command, and it answers you back. The handling is great, it has many features only found in sportscars and it holds the road very well on steep hills or winding roads. It has an excellent field of view from the driver's seat with no sight blockages. The ride is exceptionally smooth. I feel like it has a very quiet cabin, even on the highway I don't hear much noise. I have received several dozen unsolicited compliments on the looks and styling of the car which has a great deal of appeal to people. (even after it just passed five years of service). Only disadvantage: it gets 16.7 mpg in the city and about 22 to 23 mpg highway, and it burns premium fuel. This car is extremely dependable and always ready to take me where I want to go in high style. I am delighted I chose Infiniti and the M45.

The "M" performed wonderfully.

by from Southeast MI on May 22, 2007

I just purchased my new to me 2004 M45 two weeks ago in Denver for around 25K with 32K miles and drove it to Michigan. It has the navigation system, which kept me out of trouble even when a route it had chosen in southern Kansas was closed. It is very comfortable and quite powerful yet it gets about 23MPG on the highway and around 20MPG combined. The car has all the toys and the multiple displays kept me amused for most of the 1,500-mile trip I took. This is the first car I?ve owned that I can talk to and it will answer me. It has a voice actuated control system. I have yet to learn all the commands. I got many unsolicited compliments on the ?M? during my trip. It has the laser cruise control which I found to work better than I had expected but I did find two drawbacks?it doesn?t work when you are heading toward the setting sun or when you are using your windshield wipers. When I was in Kansas I experienced high cross winds and that created unacceptable wind noise, particularly at the driver?s side window but with normal winds the noise is negligible. My M45 is very comfortable and I found I could drive a lot further than I usually do on a long road trip in this car without getting tired. The "M" has lots of little extras like the side view mirrors that tilt down when you back up. You can select which mirror you want to tilt. Most of the time I select the right one for parallel parking So far I really like the car and I love the styling. It is also very tight with no squeaks or rattles. With rear wheel drive time will tell if I have to let it hibernate in the winter.

Everything but 3rd row

by on November 2, 2017

Car delivers EVERYTHING. Comfort, style, fun and most importantly reliability. Will more than likely get another once the kiddos get older. Will miss this gem.