2008 M45

2008 INFINITI M45

2008 INFINITI M45

5 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2008 INFINITI M45?

"10" From the German Judge

by Driver from Princeton, New Jersey on Thu Nov 22 2007

I got tired of unreliable German sports sedans and their arrogant dealerships. The Infiniti purchase was a pleasure and the car is a dream. I tracked the M45 for a year waiting for the all-wheel drive version. As soon as they hit the dock I picked mine up. The car is powerful and handles beautifully. Steering is responsive and sporty. My car has the premium package which brings plenty of toys - 5.1 DVD, hard drive for storing music, power heated and cooled rear seats, etc. The kids are loving it! I have no complaints thus far. I've been driving BMW 7's since 2001. The M is smaller for sure, but no less of a car. It has all the toys, great handling, plenty of power - all I need. Happy to be rid if i-drive. And, I have $30,000 left over. Not too shabby.

2008 M45X

by Metman from Kansas City on Fri Apr 30 2010

I purchased this car used with 5,800 miles on it. I've had it for two months and the only downside is gas mileage. At highway speeds, the car is at 2,500rpm and the mileage could be better if there was another gear available.

Looks Like A Beamer, But Drives Better...

by Hockey Guy from New York on Wed Jun 03 2009

I used Cars.com over and over... Spent 5 months looking for my next car. I have to say I am absolutely thrilled with 08' M 45x. You basically own the road. It out performs everything in it's class. That's what all the expert reviews say. But, believe me, I drove them all. And they're right. The gas mileage isn't bad, if you're mostly on the highway. I'm getting about 21 mpg. I didn't trust the on board computer, but I did the math and it's true. If you buy a 1-2 off lease pre-owned you can knock 40% of the sticker. There are so many features, I can't possibly use all of them in a month's time. Okay it looks like a pimped out Accord, but if your not a logo junkie. This is the car for you. Also check the crash rating, you be surprised on BMWs.

The best car for my money.

by Industry T from Houston, TX on Sun Oct 23 2011

I had an appointment with the Cadillac dealership to test-drive the CTS and accidentially past the exit. I took the next exit and there was the Infiniti dealership, turned into the lot and an hour later I was the proud owner of a brand new Infiniti M45 Sport!! The car is absolutely awesome!! I am impressed more so with the aacceleration and maintenance. Couldn't have made a better purchase.

Infiniti M45x

by Tom from Rockville, MD on Fri Jan 04 2013

Needed an all wheel drive car and this was it. A perfect all around car fit for the daily commute, taking important clients to lunch, and still making it around in the snow and questionable road conditions. The car has all the luxuries one could ask for, and it is very quick. The two negatives are fuel economy, it only gets about 15 mpg around town, and a small fuel tank that only gets me about 200 miles between refills. But overall it's a great car and a pleasure to drive. .

Great Bang for the Buck!

by Dan from Alexandria, VA on Fri May 02 2014

Very pleased with this car. The market for these cars seems to be very soft so you can get a good deal. Everyone I guess wants the German counterparts, but I was not interested in the inevitable repair bills that go with them. I purchased a used one with the engine already replaced under warranty to due piston ring failure that sometimes occurs on these motors and can cause them to burn oil. Extremely comfortable car. Mileage is pretty poor, but what do you expect from an AWD V8? Good low end power. Transmission is a little sluggish, but I generally hate all automatic transmissions so this one is no different. The only thing that is really bothering me is the lack of streaming bluetooth audio. I will have to buy an aftermarket adapter to get music from my Android phone. (The car has a built in iPod connector integrated to the factory stereo but so far I have only been able to get it to work with one of the older hard-drive based iPods)

If you go to get an infinity ...M45x.

by 750Li dude from New York on Sat Sep 23 2017

Didn't realize how much luxury this car had. How smooth of a ride it had. It's exhilaration was excellent. The drawback was it look like all of the other models in its line which really brothered me.

Love This Car

by Boston Driver from Boston on Thu Jun 16 2011

Came down to the M45X, BMW 535XI and MB 350. Very satisfied with the choice. Interior is better than both of those other cars and GPS is awesome. The V-8 engine flies and smooth ride on highway. Like the look of the BMW just a tad better - but all around the 45X is the better choice. Reliability/cost of ownership was also a factor - definitely like my chances there.

Our Take on the 2008 INFINITI M45

A car that's two years into its current design is usually beginning to show its age, especially when it has as many serious competitors as Infiniti's M sedan does. The M outpaces that trend: The 2006 original took the field by storm, and today's car is nine-tenths as terrific. In a segment whose players' strengths vary across many fronts — performance, technology, quality, reliability — the M emerges a competent choice across the board.

Infiniti sells two variants, the V-6 M35 and the V-8 M45. All-wheel-drive versions of both are also available, dubbed M35x and M45x. Ever since the brand dropped the larger Q45, the M has become its de facto flagship. As such, it's enjoyed frequent updates... Read More