2011 M56

2011 INFINITI M56

4.5

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2011 INFINITI M56?

M56S owner

by JW from Maryland on Wed Aug 18 2010

Overall very happy with the car. Fun to drive, it really is like a 4 door sports car. I have driven it 2,500 miles at this point. The only problem to date is that the battery failed ( not died ). Dealer and the roadside assistance program was excellent however. I also have a QX56 2007 with 41000 miles which I bought from the same dealership. Very happy with that also.

Run ... don't walk, to buy this car

by Michael R. from Baltimore, Md. on Tue Dec 14 2010

This car is an outstanding value. When I compared it to the BMW 550 x drive, the Mercedes 550 AWD, and the Aud A6 4.2 Quattro ... it won out hands down. The standard options and the updated interior make it a real winner. This car responds when you press the gas pedal and you can improve your gas mileage by selecting the "econo" mode when you don't need all 425 horses. This is a very high quality automobile and the price makes it hard to pass up.

The M56 is the best Infiniti to date !

by Car guy from La Quinta, CA on Tue Nov 02 2010

This is my fourth Infiniti, including a J and 2 Qs and this is by far the best of the lot by a long way. Unlike the Qs which had big engines but not much low end get up and go this car is very quick, has lots of torque and gets extraordinary road mileage. It has great ergonomics and it is much more comfortable for long trips than I would have expected. I recommend it for folks that want a big car on the inside with a roomy trunk but don't like driving a outwardly large gas hog.

Acceleration Machine

by Fuga 56S from Dallas, Texas on Mon Nov 07 2011

Perfect blend of sports and luxury. Hit the accelerator at 70 and feel your neck jerk. Bells and whistles galore.

Unpredictable Powertrain

by Jacob from Dayton, OH on Fri Jan 05 2018

These cars are very comfortable and satisfying in every way except for the power train. My car drove differently every time I drove it. Sometimes it would lag, other times it would break your neck. The transmission always seemed to shift differently than I intended it to. The power band was very irregular and constantly changing; I think this occurs because of the variable valve timing being not well controlled. These cars also have direct injection and have no way of either capturing oil droplets in the pcv system or of cleaning oil droplets/deposits from the intake valves. After having the dealer attempt an induction cleaning service I had no noticeable improvement. I later took intake manifold off to inspect the valves and they were covered with heavy deposits at only 20k miles on the engine. This did not improve performance. My car always ran pretty rich going by the sooty tailpipes that I could not seem to remedy. I took the car to two different Infiniti dealers for drive ability problems and never was able to obtain a solution. There were never any codes so the dealers said the car was fine. After owning the car for a year and a half I cut my losses and traded it in on a new vehicle with a less complicated power train. I did not buy another Infiniti. Before this car I was a loyal five time Nissan/Infiniti owner.

Does not recommend this car!!

Can't wait to get mine!

by Infiniti for Life from Jersey City, NJ on Thu Jan 06 2011

For the past 15 years I have drove nothing but Infiniti. I currently have my '93 J30 (Classic) and my '03 M45 (Classic too) and I can't see driving anything else. Over the years both cars have been extremely reliable and always ahead of the curve in not only look but technology too. I can't wait to get my M56 in white. I always do white!

Our Take on the 2011 INFINITI M56

The 2011 Infiniti M37 and M56 replace the 2010 M35 and M45. The difference in name reflects switches to a 3.7-liter V-6 and a 5.6-liter V-8, both of which provide more power, as you'd expect. Many other upgrades come with this complete redesign. (See the two model years compared.)

Though beautifully styled inside and outside, the redesigned 2011 Infiniti M sport sedan is frustrated by some quirks and glitches, and it's not as affordable as it used to be.

The M comes in three versions: the M37, M56 and an all-new hybrid version, the M35h. The gas-only versions are rear-wheel drive but offer optional all-wheel drive (designated by the "x" suffix). Unlike some competitors, including the BMW 5 Series and... Read More