2012 M56

2012 INFINITI M56

2012 INFINITI M56

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2012 INFINITI M56?

Infiniti M56S

by Horsepower Nut from Atlanta, GA on Mon Oct 29 2012

I've put 2000 miles on my new M56S, and I love it! The power of this car is amazing. The styling and interior refinement are excellent. I believe the BMW 550 and Mercedes E550 have met their match!

MMMMM Good.

by Im a M Man from Long Island, NY on Wed Jan 04 2012

I have owned my car for just over a month now and put almost 1800 miles on it. First off this is the Sport model not the AWD model. I am not looking forward to the snow. The car itself is much more advanced than the last 2 M45's that i have owned. The power of this car is unbelievable. I was sort of testing the high end ( don't try this at home) on a empty stretch of road and passed 135mph and it was still pulling like a freight train and there was NO DRAMA at all. Cruising at 85 feels like 55. The transmission can hunt for a gear sometimes but being a 7 speed I expected that. The bonus is I am getting slightly better gas milage and 100 more bhp than my old car. I never expected to buy this car but I'm sure glad i did.

Good choice

by GTR owner from San Jose, CA on Sat Aug 23 2014

Good power, good looks, good handling, the back of the seat is not comfort. Road noise isolation is average.

Best car I've ever owned

by patrickclick on Sat Feb 24 2018

This is by far the best car I've ever owned. I'm glad I've had the experience of owning not one but two great cars by Infiniti!

Awesome

by Peter the Great from Upper Marlboro, MD on Sat Mar 14 2015

Wow, that sums it up pretty well. I've owned this car for only 3 days now and OMG the performance is mind boggling. It could do a little better with the comfort department but its still good enough to take on a long trip. I have a sport model which I'm not looking forward too when we get snow even though it has a snow mode I don't think the RWD will do any good in the snow/ice/sleet. But I can drive my other car. Performance is amazing. I bought this car to replace my totaled 09 FX50s and the performance is similar but the car will take over in the top end. The M56 has so much more gadgets that make you just LOVE it. I have all the packages on my vehicle including the Aero kit that makes it look awesome. But to sums stuff up the car is AAWESOME in every category, Stop reading these reviews and go get one asap....

Better alternative to BMW 550 and MB E550

by Serega13 from Woodstock, MD on Wed Jan 31 2018

This car is a reasonable reliable and more affordable alternative to a BMW 550 and similar sedans. The power is adequate at 420, I was able to up to about 475hp and 525 torque with a few minor updates which is pretty amazing for a NA 5.6 engine. Get the aero kit if you are buying the car, makes the front and the sides look much, much better. It's as reliable as anything I've owned, total opposite experience when comparing to owning a BMW. There are two different interior panels choices, most come with ugly brown but there's an optional gorgeous looking Japanese ash with crushed silver, I just bought the nicer interior panels and installed them after purchasing the car. Overall this thing is amazing.

An elegant luxury car feel in a sports car

by Markai27 from Radford, Va on Sun Nov 19 2017

Great leg room.. very appealing cockpit.. powerful engine with decent gas mileage for a v8. Beautiful and bold vehicle.

Our Take on the 2012 INFINITI M56

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2011 about the 2011 and 2012 Infiniti M56 based on test vehicles from both model years. Little of substance changed between the two model years. Check out a side-by-side comparison of the 2011 and 2012.

The 2011 Infiniti M37 and M56 replace the 2010 M35 and M45. The difference in name reflects switches to a 3.7-liter V-6 and a 5.6-liter V-8, both of which provide more power, as you'd expect. Many other upgrades come with this complete redesign. (See the two model years compared.)

Though beautifully styled inside and outside, the redesigned 2011 Infiniti M sport sedan is frustrated by some quirks and glitches, and it's not as affordable as it used to... Read More