NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Q50

2016 INFINITI Q50

2016 INFINITI Q50

Have You Driven the 2016 INFINITI Q50?

A lot of performance for the money

by Frenchman from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Nov 02 2017

Have the Red sport model with 3.0 twin turbo. Car is very quick to accelerate with comfortable interior and good climate controls. AWD feels like it is on rails in the corners. Sometimes like to adjust drive condition to Sport + just to hear the raspy exhaust and bounce the revs. The cruise control adjust speed to traffic speed and you control the distance to the car in front of you at which the speed control is activated. First car with this and not sure I would buy another car without it - works great. The low profile 19 inch tires lead to wheel rubbing on curbs if not careful and the suspension is tuned for the track. Hitting potholes can rattle your teeth. The navigation system needs an update as voice recognition is virtually worthless. Overall the has been excellent for reliability, great visual profile, nice electronics package, and it really scoots.

True value for your hard earned money

by Ali from Chicago, IL on Mon May 08 2017

The basic Q50 comes packed with features which would probably cost you an arm and a leg if it were an Audi or a Mercedes and not to mention sky is the limit in case you want to shed some greens for a more plush feel. For all those who consider buying a brand new Honda or a Toyota of a related class, I would recommend that you hold that thought and test drive one of these babies. The Super refined new turbo engines promises a rush like no other and the handling thanks to the independent suspension feels nothing short of 'Amazing'. My verdict: Its crisp, Its loaded, Its luxurious, a clear winner in its class. True value for money.

Fun to drive

by BGAce19 from Chicagoland on Sun Oct 08 2017

Quick acceleration from "passing gear". Drives sporty if you desire, more tempered in Eco mode. Comfortable driver seat. Fits two front-facing car seats easily. Sound quality excellent from Bose system.

Performance at a Great Price

by Jonathan from Salisbury, NC on Wed Mar 20 2019

I have driven this vehicle for 47k miles and the car is still in tip top shape as when I first purchased this vehicle. No major repairs have been done on this vehicle since purchasing it, only regular maintenance (Oil change and tire rotation). From a performance perspective I would recommend switching the Dunlop tires to either Bridgestone or Michelin tires which have additional grip. The car does AMAZING around curves in sport+ mode and is very quick and agile. Strongly recommend this vehicle.

Best value and bang per buck

by Douz2 from San Diego on Fri May 19 2017

Awesome power, handling , interior, looks and feel. The technology is amazing on the car, but can be overwhelming at times. I prefer to drive the car as opposed to the car constantly telling me to get back into the lane or brake. Fourth Infiniti I have owned and they are incredibly reliable, just pump gas and drive!

My First Infiniti

by DWdriver from Atlanta, GA on Wed Jun 07 2017

I am overjoyed with my new car purchase. This car is everything I hoped it would be. I did research prior to my purchase so I knew what features to expect. But I am wowed daily. The color is Obsidian black, which to my delight it has a purple hue in the sunlight! The leather seats are unique and does not show imprints like most leather seats. The Bose sound system blows me away! I've finally mastered leaving my keys in my purse because there's never a needto expose them. The automated entry and keyless push button start is awesome. I appreciate Infiniti affording the option of 4 cyclinder vs 6 cyclinder on the Q50. The speed, power, performance and torque are definitely not compromised. I'm given the performance that I demand without hesitation. This car drives like a V6. The backseat however, is not as spacious as I'd like. Also, be prepared to use only 93 octane. My 1st salesman told me I could use 89, however the manual and others said not too. Hands down the smoothest ride I've ever had.

Infiniti Rusts After Only 6 Months

by Norm409 from Ottawa, Ontario on Mon Jun 26 2017

A wonderful looking car and a delight to drive, my new 2016 Infiniti Q50 starting rusting on the trunk within 6 months of ownership. Infiniti customer service was terrible, forcing me to fight to get them to repair the vehicle. I recommend staying away from Infiniti as a result of this major defect but mostly because of their very poor customer service. Infiniti is not a true luxury brand, but a poorly supported division of Nissan.

Does not recommend this car!!

Looks good on paper...

by Valmiles from Scottsdale, AZ on Sun Feb 12 2017

On paper, this Q50 Sport is a great car, less expensive and more capable than BMW 3-series or Mercedes Benz C-class. However, handing is awful, worse than any other car I have owned or driven, including SUVs! Q50 is not new to power steering foes. 2015 has its issues with Direct Adaptive Steering. 2016 has gone to electric assisted power steering on the Sports model with the second generation DAS being an option. Being well aware of the issue with the first generation DAS, I elected to get base electric power steering. The car, however, wanders whichever way the road takes it, which is specifically evident at highway speeds. If you hold the steering wheel perfectly straight, the vehicle starts pulling in one direction, after correcting it, it pulls in the other. We have seen number of reviews on infinitiq50.org forum about this issue, some owners indicating that Run Flat Tires (RFTs) are causing this behavior. I don’t know for certain and I’m not willing to replace tires on the brand new vehicle. In few months I will trade it in and get something else, although at a loss. Other than this issue and few deficiencies with the infotainment system, such as lack of useful applications and slow response, this car has been good. Acceleration is excellent, but the poor steering takes all the fun out of driving it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Awesomist car ever

by not a mom-car from Duluth on Thu Sep 01 2016

I purchased the Q50s red package. The power of this engine is amazing! It is dangerously fast and responsive in a good way. The styling inside and out is sporty, stylish and comfortable. Very rare that my husband and I agree on a vehicle, but this one impressed both of us. Fabulous upgrade from my mom-mobiles of the past 10 years.

A very reliable car.

by Ms. Byrd from Upper Marlboro, MD on Sun Dec 02 2018

My car is a very comfortable ride and I am very pleased with it. It is a reliable & beautiful car and it handles well!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2016 INFINITI Q50

Verdict: The 2016 Infiniti Q50 2.0T has a surprisingly coarse powertrain, unexceptional interior and tight cabin despite updates for this model year.

Versus the competition: While it has attractive attributes, including electronic safety features and affordable pricing, the Q50 is simply outclassed among compact luxury sedans.

Infiniti has updated its Q50 sedan for 2016 with a mild refresh, including some new powertrains, a light styling update and a revamped interior with a fresh multimedia system. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

At entry level, there’s a new 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder from Mercedes-Benz. At the top end, there’s a fire-breathing, 400-hp... Read More