2016 Q50

2016 INFINITI Q50

2016 INFINITI Q50

Have You Driven the 2016 INFINITI Q50?

A lot of performance for the money

by Frenchman from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Nov 02 2017

Have the Red sport model with 3.0 twin turbo. Car is very quick to accelerate with comfortable interior and good climate controls. AWD feels like it is on rails in the corners. Sometimes like to adjust drive condition to Sport + just to hear the raspy exhaust and bounce the revs. The cruise control adjust speed to traffic speed and you control the distance to the car in front of you at which the speed control is activated. First car with this and not sure I would buy another car without it - works great. The low profile 19 inch tires lead to wheel rubbing on curbs if not careful and the suspension is tuned for the track. Hitting potholes can rattle your teeth. The navigation system needs an update as voice recognition is virtually worthless. Overall the has been excellent for reliability, great visual profile, nice electronics package, and it really scoots.

Performance at a Great Price

by Jonathan from Salisbury, NC on Wed Mar 20 2019

I have driven this vehicle for 47k miles and the car is still in tip top shape as when I first purchased this vehicle. No major repairs have been done on this vehicle since purchasing it, only regular maintenance (Oil change and tire rotation). From a performance perspective I would recommend switching the Dunlop tires to either Bridgestone or Michelin tires which have additional grip. The car does AMAZING around curves in sport+ mode and is very quick and agile. Strongly recommend this vehicle.

True value for your hard earned money

by Ali from Chicago, IL on Mon May 08 2017

The basic Q50 comes packed with features which would probably cost you an arm and a leg if it were an Audi or a Mercedes and not to mention sky is the limit in case you want to shed some greens for a more plush feel. For all those who consider buying a brand new Honda or a Toyota of a related class, I would recommend that you hold that thought and test drive one of these babies. The Super refined new turbo engines promises a rush like no other and the handling thanks to the independent suspension feels nothing short of 'Amazing'. My verdict: Its crisp, Its loaded, Its luxurious, a clear winner in its class. True value for money.

Sporty, luxurious, and practical

by Teleporttc from Atlanta, Ga on Fri Nov 15 2019

I’ve owned lots of cars from Mustang GT’s to Miata’s to BMW’s to now a Q50. I traded in my last BMW after becoming tired of it breaking down every other month for something more reliable. I’m pleased with my decision, I have the 3.0 TT Premium Q50 making it plenty fast with enough tech features to make it easy to daily drive. The infotainment system is somewhat mediocre compared to its rivals but at the end of the day you have a car that simply works. Sure BMW, Audi, & Mercedes have more tech options and sensors but they are prone to breaking and malfunctioning. After 1,500 miles in the first month of ownership and pushing the car to its limits it meets my expectations. (Doesn’t exceed them, but does meet them). I chose the Q50 as a CPO with a 6-year unlimited mile warranty which is better than its competitors by a long shot. I am happy with my purchase and plan to keep the car until the warranty expires. The only other car I would consider over the Q50 is a CPO car from Genesis but they are priced a little higher than most Q50’s. Basically anyone who is looking for something reasonably comfortable, reasonably fast and nimble, and reasonably economical for a luxury sports sedan should look no further. If you are looking for a German sports sedan I would point you to Infiniti or Genesis which both have amazing warranties and stand behind their cars unlike their German rivals.

Good Ride

by bucksweep from minneapolis on Tue Apr 11 2017

Replaced my Acura Tl, Bought the Q50 Sport AWD with a lot of options, also looked at the Lexus GS 350, it was much easier to work with the Infiniti dealers than Lexus. The ride is very comfortable & the turbo is very responsive. The only drawback on the Q50 is that ventilated seats are not available, you would think for a $55,000 car it would be.

My First Infiniti

by DWdriver from Atlanta, GA on Wed Jun 07 2017

I am overjoyed with my new car purchase. This car is everything I hoped it would be. I did research prior to my purchase so I knew what features to expect. But I am wowed daily. The color is Obsidian black, which to my delight it has a purple hue in the sunlight! The leather seats are unique and does not show imprints like most leather seats. The Bose sound system blows me away! I've finally mastered leaving my keys in my purse because there's never a needto expose them. The automated entry and keyless push button start is awesome. I appreciate Infiniti affording the option of 4 cyclinder vs 6 cyclinder on the Q50. The speed, power, performance and torque are definitely not compromised. I'm given the performance that I demand without hesitation. This car drives like a V6. The backseat however, is not as spacious as I'd like. Also, be prepared to use only 93 octane. My 1st salesman told me I could use 89, however the manual and others said not too. Hands down the smoothest ride I've ever had.

Fun to drive

by BGAce19 from Chicagoland on Sun Oct 08 2017

Quick acceleration from "passing gear". Drives sporty if you desire, more tempered in Eco mode. Comfortable driver seat. Fits two front-facing car seats easily. Sound quality excellent from Bose system.

One of the best car I own and I tread it my my gal

by Ugyen from Columbia Heights, mn on Thu Mar 15 2018

Very sexy looking and high preformance car.. like the interior of the car. I would say this car is far more better than Bwm or Mercedes.

Love this car

by Redskins from Byram ms on Thu May 16 2019

Best Buy I’ve made. Actually when I started looking I wouldn’t thought I would be buying this car. But I test drove it and it went fantastic. My wife loves the hell out this car

Sporty and luxurious

by MphsThomas from Memphis, TN on Wed Aug 02 2017

Love the Bose surround system and the dual touch screen info entertainment center. The curves give it aN European styling and it rides so smooth. Get 23 mpg in the city.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2016 INFINITI Q50

Verdict: The 2016 Infiniti Q50 2.0T has a surprisingly coarse powertrain, unexceptional interior and tight cabin despite updates for this model year.

Versus the competition: While it has attractive attributes, including electronic safety features and affordable pricing, the Q50 is simply outclassed among compact luxury sedans.

Infiniti has updated its Q50 sedan for 2016 with a mild refresh, including some new powertrains, a light styling update and a revamped interior with a fresh multimedia system. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

At entry level, there’s a new 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder from Mercedes-Benz. At the top end, there’s a fire-breathing, 400-hp twin-turbo V-6 and... Read More