2017 Q50

2017 INFINITI Q50

2017 INFINITI Q50

4.5

Have You Driven the 2017 INFINITI Q50?

Ignore the pundits

by Red Sport Pilot from on Sat Apr 29 2017

This is my second q50, and what a vast improvement on the little things that were annoying with first one which was a 2014 sport compared to my new 2017 red sport. First improvement, he inouch (or whatever it's called) interface boots up much faster. There are more radio presets compared to the 2014. To date it has not glitched out and had the nav screen go dark like on my 14. The 17 also has a few more nice little icons on the in touch which is nice. I may be wrong here, but the leather on my 2017 seems softer than on my old 2014. The 2017 seems quieter inside with a lot less wind noise. Keeping in mind I have had the red sport a month, there is no hint of creaks or rattles like my 14. The enhancements they made in the suspension starting in 2016 can definitely be felt in my 17. My 17 red sport has awd, the run flats, and thankfully no DAS, and this car rides so much smoother, does a fantastic job of handling road irregularities and handles night and day better. Remote start, nice! All the "experts" nit pick about the car in regards to items that may be issues at the track. If you are buying a car for the track it's probably not a four door car to begin with. The turbo engine is super smooth and for me has been providing better gas mileage than the 3.7 v6 my old car had. Oh, and btw, did I mention the twin turbo 400 hp engine this car has? OMG, this thing is a rocket ship, press on the gas just a tad firmer than normal and hold on (that's in standard mode). Put the car in sport or sport+ mode and the red sport turns into a whole other animal, fantastico. The car is not inexpensive, but for the performance and amenities you get for thousands less than the European counterparts, in my opinion (again I am not a take my car to the track guy), the red sport is fantastic and can't be beat. I also like the "sleeper" look, this car does not have all the cheesy looking body work on an AMG, or M, but it is definately not as bland as the new Audi's. I got my car from Clarendon Hills in Illinois and the folks I dealt with there, Nina and Joe were absolutely fantastic! They were so superior that I drove 2 hours just to do business with them.

Infiniti Q50 Sport Premium is Incredible!

by CarLoverKRP from Gainesville on Fri Dec 22 2017

I was torn between purchasing a raw sports car and a luxury car (unfortunately, no room for one of each!). After a long search, I opted for a FULLY loaded Infiniti Q50 Sport Premium with the 300HP 3.0 liter twin turbo. It's a gorgeous blend of great looks, luxury, performance, and sophistication and it doesn't compromise on any of those attributes. I'm 6'5" tall and the driver's seat is comfortable and supportive. Unlike some sports vehicles, visibility is really good and the enhanced safety features allow my wife to feel more comfortable during the drive. The various driving modes let me select the way I want the car to handle depending upon my mood and the road conditions. It's fast off the line, the steering tracks really well, and the car brakes with conviction! All the while, I'm comfortable in high-quality leather and a great sounding stereo system. Considering that I also looked at two-seaters (or two-seaters with grocery-bag-only rear seats!), this four door actually lets me share the fun with two other adults comfortably sitting in the back. This is my first twin-turbo and I haven't had it very long so I cannot judge long-term maintenance costs. But Infiniti has a great track record for reasonable cost-of-ownership so I'm fairly confident that it will be a good, long-term, purchase value.

Great Mid-size car

by Boston Bobby from Boca Raton , Florida on Tue Mar 21 2017

Very peppy if you want speed - very stable if you want to feel safe - luxury interior - nice lines , has roof and back up camera

Excellent power, performance, luxury for the $$

by pdisney154 from Portland, Oregon on Tue Jul 04 2017

Great power and performance Q50 Red Sport 400 HP and 385 ft/lbs torque. Good luxury and extras for the money compared to Acura/Lexus/BMW/Mercedes/Volvo/Audi

2017 q50 Premium

by Bklynzown from Gilbert, Az on Tue Aug 14 2018

Great car! Owned a BMW and this car is no push over. Fast and effective. The only bad things are the run flats and no air condition seats! I highly recommend!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Q50 Red Sport Fun to Drive

by Red Sport Guy from Calgary, AB on Fri Oct 20 2017

Great exterior styling, twin turbo powerful engine, comfortable and great tech and well laid out interior.

Love this car

by InfinitiMike from Matlacha on Thu Feb 01 2018

I've owned 5 previous Nissan products. I've found them very reliable, a pleasure to drive and easy to maintain. Stepped up to Infinity with this purchase. Only regret is I didn't buy one long ago! Great car.

Great Car, Very Reliable and Stylish

by Robocop from Jamaica, NY on Wed May 31 2017

I wanted a new car, and I love the Q50. Being a tall person, the car is still roomy and comfortable. It met all of my needs and is very reliable.

Love my car

by DeezQ50 from FRESNO on Tue Jun 12 2018

This car was exactly what I wanted. It's super clean and runs great! Interior immaculate, tires good and very smooth shiny paint. The best part is Bose surround sound.

400hp twin turbo. FAST

by Joein Phoenix on Wed Feb 07 2018

I have the 400hp red sport. It's a four door sports car. Has every option except vented seats which it needs in AZ. With the special red paint you don't see many around. The car guys will take a second look as it fly's buy!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2017 INFINITI Q50

The verdict:

The 2016 Infiniti Q50 2.0T has a surprisingly coarse powertrain, unexceptional interior and tight cabin despite updates for this model year.

Versus the competition:

While it has attractive attributes, including electronic safety features and affordable pricing, the Q50 is simply outclassed among compact luxury sedans.

Editor’s note: This review for the 2016 Infiniti Q50 was written in June 2016, but little has changed for 2017. To see what’s new, click here, or to see a side-by-side comparison of the two model years, click here.

Infiniti has updated its Q50 sedan for 2016 with a mild refresh, including some new powertrains, a light styling update and a revamped interior with a fresh multimedia system. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

At entry level, there’s a new 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder from Mercedes-Benz. At the top end, there’s a fire-breathing, 400-hp twin-turbo V-6 and all-wheel drive. My week with a new 2016 Q50 was in the lower-end model. It’s more modestly priced but... Read More