2017 Q50

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Infiniti Specialist From New York

by KenH Car Enthusiast from Brooklyn on December 10, 2016

I have owned the 03 G35, 06 G35X and the 09 G37X. I just purchased the 17 Q50x in white with the 3.0t engine along with the premium package. The Q50 is much more refined, has a much more upscale interior as well as the fit finish. The infotainment system is phenomenal and the Bose premium stereo has a phenomenal sound quality. The Q50 is has very quite ride with solid handling and the 3.0t engine is powerful with silly smooth acceleration. I know that Infiniti had some quirks when the Q50 was introduced a few years ago. Infiniti deserves more recognition for manufacturing such a luxurious sporty sedan. The Q series is light years from the G series. This vehicle is a keeper! I don't care what people say about BMW, Mercedes or Audi. The German vehicles cost a fortune to fix and don't have the reliability of the Japanese ! Kudos to Infiniti for making a legendary vehicle that is top notch in quality!

Ignore the pundits

by Red Sport Pilot from on April 29, 2017

This is my second q50, and what a vast improvement on the little things that were annoying with first one which was a 2014 sport compared to my new 2017 red sport. First improvement, he inouch (or whatever it's called) interface boots up much faster. There are more radio presets compared to the 2014. To date it has not glitched out and had the nav screen go dark like on my 14. The 17 also has a few more nice little icons on the in touch which is nice. I may be wrong here, but the leather on my 2017 seems softer than on my old 2014. The 2017 seems quieter inside with a lot less wind noise. Keeping in mind I have had the red sport a month, there is no hint of creaks or rattles like my 14. The enhancements they made in the suspension starting in 2016 can definitely be felt in my 17. My 17 red sport has awd, the run flats, and thankfully no DAS, and this car rides so much smoother, does a fantastic job of handling road irregularities and handles night and day better. Remote start, nice! All the "experts" nit pick about the car in regards to items that may be issues at the track. If you are buying a car for the track it's probably not a four door car to begin with. The turbo engine is super smooth and for me has been providing better gas mileage than the 3.7 v6 my old car had. Oh, and btw, did I mention the twin turbo 400 hp engine this car has? OMG, this thing is a rocket ship, press on the gas just a tad firmer than normal and hold on (that's in standard mode). Put the car in sport or sport+ mode and the red sport turns into a whole other animal, fantastico. The car is not inexpensive, but for the performance and amenities you get for thousands less than the European counterparts, in my opinion (again I am not a take my car to the track guy), the red sport is fantastic and can't be beat. I also like the "sleeper" look, this car does not have all the cheesy looking body work on an AMG, or M, but it is definately not as bland as the new Audi's. I got my car from Clarendon Hills in Illinois and the folks I dealt with there, Nina and Joe were absolutely fantastic! They were so superior that I drove 2 hours just to do business with them.

Great Mid-size car

by Boston Bobby from Boca Raton , Florida on March 21, 2017

Very peppy if you want speed - very stable if you want to feel safe - luxury interior - nice lines , has roof and back up camera

Excellent power, performance, luxury for the $$

by pdisney154 from Portland, Oregon on July 4, 2017

Great power and performance Q50 Red Sport 400 HP and 385 ft/lbs torque. Good luxury and extras for the money compared to Acura/Lexus/BMW/Mercedes/Volvo/Audi

Infiniti Q50 Sport Premium is Incredible!

by CarLoverKRP from Gainesville on December 22, 2017

I was torn between purchasing a raw sports car and a luxury car (unfortunately, no room for one of each!). After a long search, I opted for a FULLY loaded Infiniti Q50 Sport Premium with the 300HP 3.0 liter twin turbo. It's a gorgeous blend of great looks, luxury, performance, and sophistication and it doesn't compromise on any of those attributes. I'm 6'5" tall and the driver's seat is comfortable and supportive. Unlike some sports vehicles, visibility is really good and the enhanced safety features allow my wife to feel more comfortable during the drive. The various driving modes let me select the way I want the car to handle depending upon my mood and the road conditions. It's fast off the line, the steering tracks really well, and the car brakes with conviction! All the while, I'm comfortable in high-quality leather and a great sounding stereo system. Considering that I also looked at two-seaters (or two-seaters with grocery-bag-only rear seats!), this four door actually lets me share the fun with two other adults comfortably sitting in the back. This is my first twin-turbo and I haven't had it very long so I cannot judge long-term maintenance costs. But Infiniti has a great track record for reasonable cost-of-ownership so I'm fairly confident that it will be a good, long-term, purchase value.

Great Car, Very Reliable and Stylish

by Robocop from Jamaica, NY on May 31, 2017

I wanted a new car, and I love the Q50. Being a tall person, the car is still roomy and comfortable. It met all of my needs and is very reliable.

a car that deserves attention

by jacop from on November 14, 2016

the infiniti q50 is a vehicle that most people don't think of when you say luxury sport sedan. but this vehicle deserves attention. one of those reasons is that infiniti is the first company to come out with with direct adaptive steering. basically what is is that it is steered by wire it uses electronic steering to turn the wheels. DON'T WORRY THERE IS STILL A MECHANICAL system there and how it works is there is a clutch between the (das) direct adaptive steering and the maniacal system and it needs electricity to power the clutch and if anything fails the clutch will transfer it to the maniacal steering. this is a amazing design because in the future it will save weight and improve fuel economy. but overall the car is good and tech is out of space

Fantastic Car

by Robert from Sanford, FL on March 29, 2017

First car I have purchased entirely on my own. Couldn't have made a better choice. Love the balance between sport and luxury. Would recommend to anyone looking for something stylish with some power.

Kneel

by Kneel from Lauderhill, fl on April 9, 2017

Love It, vehicle has everything I wanted, handling, acceleration. can't wait to go on my first road trip.

Just purchased the Q50S.....two no good things!

by Audrey nm from Sarasota, Fl on June 7, 2017

I bought it for the styling....came out of an boring Audi and wanted a smaller more nible car. Thsi is it. Two to three things I am missing....Does not locak automatically when you leave the vehicle. Car does not ding for the seat belt attahcment.....and theTRUNK LID....OMG. I have to lift it as it does not open fully...just unlatches. These are small inexpensive fixes but they annoy me.

1 2 3 4