2001 QX4

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

"Great so far"

by Fisherman from Sturgeon Bay, WI on January 26, 2007

I recently purchased the 2001 QX4 because I wanted a luxury smaller SUV. That is exactly what I got. It has all the "fancy" features, rides great and has a large enough engine to pull my 19 foot boat. I especially enjoy the inside with the heated leather seats, Bose audio, etc.

All around great vehicle

by car fanatic from Minneapolis MN on December 12, 2008

This was one of best vehicle purchases I have ever made. I had a 95 Pathfinder and loved it (still going strong I might add-passed it along to a family member), tried an '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee in between and couldn't stand it-no comparison-and thankfully moved up to the QX4. The QX4 is very reliable, gas mileage is much better than the Jeep, it has a much smoother ride and drives more like a car yet you have the features of a truck, the height, and the 4X4 quality. I now have over 100K on it and expect it to go another 100! Maintenance costs have not been excessive at all and no problems. Definitely recommend it for a dependable vehicle that is comfortable and has great features.

Nice SUV but expensive on gas

by doglady from Tampa, FL on January 4, 2012

I purchased this car about 3 months ago from a dealer for $7k. For a 10year old car, it has been kept well, except for some rust from up north. I had to have the running boards reaffixed as the piece holding them was all rusted. There was some rust on the hood, which the dealer took care of. I notice now though that there's quite a bit of rust underneath which is giving me an uncomfortable feeling when I hit a bump that I could be in trouble with the chassis. I need to replace a belt, screeching, and change out the fluids, but otherwise, it's been great. My two 100 lb dogs have plenty of room in the back with a human family of 4. I haven't tried hauling anything yet, so curious on that since I've heard mixed reviews on it's ability. Tons of gadgets-navigation, video (vhs), 6 CD changer, electrical outlet under the seat, etc. My one big gripe with this car is the gas mileage. This baby is guzzling like crazy....

A lot of bang for the dollar...

by PaulH from So Cal on September 8, 2015

Good Mostly reliable vehicle. Poor gas mileage. the O2 sensors have a tendency to go bad. Solid vehicle and very comfortable. The headlights can be pricy to replace. Used only. We have over 178,000 miles on it and still going strong.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2001 qx4

by Looking for a newer car from Ny ct on August 26, 2014

Bought in 2005 till present. Over 130k miles put on it myself (183k total). O2 sensors are the worst problem. Prepare to fix them every 18 months. Seat motor went right away. Rough ride, invest in good springs and shocks. Now the (possible cause) motor mounts needs to be replaced, because the engine shifts when the gas is pressed or released. Great truck for 8years though.

My favorite ride so far.

by Cinda from TN on December 27, 2017

I own a 2003 QX4 and just love it. It had 14K on it when purchased in 2007 and is currently at 96.4K. It has been so dependable and I intend on giving it to my daughter when she is old enough to drive in a few years. Will definitely get another Infiniti!

Jewel of the Road

by Gift to Wife from Saint Paul, MN on March 27, 2012

We bought this 2001, Infinity, Qx4, in January 2012. Has a great road feel. Has all of the appointments of an expensive car. Paid $7,000. Rides like $30,000. I highly recommend the car.

Still have it, 200k+ miles

by Strongbow from Seattle on August 10, 2015

This has been such a great ride for me. Perfect size. I got it at 40k and currently at 205k. Still runs great. Wish I could find something similar to buy as mine is on it's last legs. Trying to keep it going, but it needs a new rear main seal and rack and pinion which might force me to retire my favorite car. The engine still runs smooth though. Pros: Been very reliable. Comfortable seats Great medium size Cons: Poor MPG O2 sensors go out Bose 6disc change is a defective piece of junk

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

One of the Best

by buffy from CASPER, WY on July 31, 2012

This is one of the best vehicles out there; not too big, not too small. Bought this used; had one owner previously. Great vehicle for the money. This drives like a Big car in a smaller frame and has power too. I love it!

Very Stylish.........and Very expensive to maintai

by CP from Hudson WI on August 24, 2013

We bought a used 2001 Infinity QX4 and were thrilled with the deal we got from a private seller, seemed like a slamming good value. It had everything we wanted, 4wd, leather heated seats, xenon headlights, a very well tuned motor and the transmission is the creamiest smooth of any car I've owned. The tolerances are tight on this vehicle. It was purchased from a 1 owner older woman, who was a real estate executive and she had all the paperwork for all the maintenance that was done at the Infinity dealer no less. This was our impression for the first 6 months. We bought this vehicle based on reviews by "a leading consumer magazine" (wink wink) supposedly one of the "best used vehicles" when it comes to reliability. Well, maybe we had a lemon but everything went to h*ll in a handbag within a year. First, the 6-disc Bose stereo quit working, then the drivers power seat motor went out, then the passengers drivers seat motor went out. OK, we could get along without these creature comforts for the time being without paying an arm and a leg to have them fixed. Then went the O2 sensors and of course 1 went one month, the next one the next month, and the third one was maybe 3-4 months later (there are about 4-5 total 02 sensors on this vehicle). The last straw was the head gaskets at 80k miles. In order to work on this "race inspired engine" they had to completely remove the ENTIRE engine to remove the heads. This was per the Nissan (Infinity) dealer who was going to charge us $5k for head gaskets, but also confirmed by a local mechanic (who charged us $3k). The irony of all this is we traded in our "recommended used vehicle" for a 2003 chevy suburban which was a "used car to avoid" per the "leading consumer magazine." We bought the Suburban with 50k miles on it and now have 230k miles on it and have not spent more than $1k in repairs. I am not biased for domestic cars, and have owned many domestic and foreign cars. If you are thinking foreign, I strongly encourage you to look at Lexus or Acura vs. Infinity! I acknowledge there is always the luck of the draw. IMO, stay away from any Infinity's unless you can afford to fork out the cash when it needs repair or can afford to buy a new one with a bumper to bumper warranty and even at that be sure to get rid of it once it's out of warranty!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2