2003 QX4

2003 INFINITI QX4

2003 INFINITI QX4

Have You Driven the 2003 INFINITI QX4?

Absolutely my favorite vehicle

by Nissan Fan from KY on Sat Aug 07 2010

This was without a doubt my favorite vehicle to date. Nice on-road capability in varying road conditions, comfortable luxury type ride, well constructed interior, excellent exterior styling, and adequate power (if only just adequate). Mine was also respectably reliable with only minor problems. The only changes that I would have liked would have been more horsepower, slightly stiffer suspension (sport model?), and perhaps projector low-beam xenon headlights instead of reflectors. I've had several different models from this car manufacturer prior to owning my QX4 and now have a G35x. I would have purchased another QX4, but for some reason the manufacturer went strictly full-size on the current generation Q model which is not what I needed. If they still manufactured the QX4 exactly like my 2002 model, I would have bought another in a millisecond!

What a Great SUV by Infiniti

by ARA from San Jose on Sun May 08 2016

I had this car for over 10 years and not a single issue. I have had many other cars and specifically SUVs; but this is by far the most reliable one that I have ever owned. This SUV is loaded with features and high-quality equipment and is offered at a very good price. I strongly recommend this SUV to anybody. If Infiniti continues making cars like this, I would never buy any other brand. Kudos!

I'M KEEPING IT UNTIL I DIE!

by N. from San Antonio, TX on Fri Aug 31 2007

I love this car. I take it in for the regular maintenance, and that is about it. It is never a problem. It is the perfect size for me. Too bad they discontinued it, but allegedly, the Infiniti dealership's service dept says they will always be able to service it. Speaking of service departments: it is ALMOST fun to go out there. I make an appointment and get a great loaner while they take care of my car. It is always vacuumed and washed when I return. I have been totally happy with this vehicle.

one of my fave vehicles

by ANY car enthusiast from on Tue Feb 01 2011

My QX4 has gotten thru this 2010-11 New England winter like it's still summer. Last winter I spun out into a highway median in heavy snow and I was able to drive myself out! I've enjoyed only 2 other vehicles as much - 1967 Mustang, 1972 Cutlass Supreme - but they couldn't power through the winter the way this QX4 does. I also appreciate the simplicity of this vehicle - not so many bells and whistles to possibly break down.

Most reliable car ever owned

by bobthewineguy from Los Angeles on Sun Sep 22 2013

This car is the best. I owned a 1999 and had to buy a 2003 in July of 2003. I found out Infiniti was going to discontinue this model. What a big mistake. Nice medium size SUV and no problems. It has 107,000 and just use Amsoil once a year and change air and oil filters. My friends still own the 1999 and take it to San Felipe Mexico all the time with no problems. They have over 175,000 miles and have only changed the Shocks and tires. I how Infiniti brings this car back. You still see a lot of them on the road. My other car is a porsche cayenne s. Paid twice as much for this car to get the same reliability and more horse power. Best snow car ever.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

About my Infiniti QX4 2003 experience

by Updite from Las Vegas Nevada on Sun Oct 23 2016

I couldn't be happier with my Infiniti QX4 2003. It is an awesome luxury car that gets good gas mileage handles very good turns heads all the time and I can see by adding a couple of extras and some 22s and a little bit of pain this will be just as good as a 2017 I wouldn't trade it for anything

Best Car I've Own Thus Far

by Guy Who Likes Cars from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Nov 29 2014

This is the single best car I've owned so far. I've leased new, bought old, driven sports and luxury cars and nothing beats the value of this car. It's fairly comfortable and looks decent, but where it shines is in value. I bought mine used 5 years ago, drive a lot, and have had exactly zero serious mechanical issues with this car since. The only thing I've run into is that the rubber that holds the window in place gets hard after many years and needs to be replaced so the windows slide up and down quickly. Also the front struts are known to wear quickly, but Infiniti will replace those for FREE. This is car is a gem for someone that wants to drive something nice, needs/wants an SUV, and save money!

Multiple QX4 s owner, Northeast, PA

by Multiple QX4 owner and enthusiast from Northeast, PA on Wed Jan 04 2017

Had an 01 and did 150k miles before selling and getting 03 which has 125k currently. Bought both used with HALF the mileage and with regular maintenance, these vehicles have been by FAR the BEST SUV luxury values money can buy. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A LOWER MILEAGE IN PRISTINE CONDITION!!! Exterior timeless looks, decent interior looks, and excellent reliability, all these vehicles need are after market stereo units to bring them current and DEFINITELY use daily. Not too big, not too small and perfect for daily use all year round. Very Capable. Could be a bit tighter like new in handling, but very acceptable for unibody luxury and age of technology!! 265 hp would ve been nice, but 240hp still gets it done! Would buy another in a heartbeat!! Always looking for the perfect trim with heated seats and adaptive cruise! Running Boards are known to rust in snow salted areas, but otherwise a very utilitarian value for the money in ALL respects, especially when up to date on all simple to do maintenance!! Even it's lesser luxury sister Nissan Pathfinder same years is a great value! And this review coming from a high end luxury automotive industry owner and company representative! Seek em out and drive away!

The way this car handle the road is wonderful.

by Morie Sulaiman from San Jose on Fri Nov 03 2017

This is indeed a wonderful car and it is fun to drive it. The back support is great and the head rest is perfect. The seats are great too.

My THIRD Infiniti

by John from Atlanta, GA on Wed May 10 2017

On a scale of 1 to 10...it is an Absolute 12! I have owned two earlier Infiniti's...three Acura's...two BMW's...numerous Honda's & Toyota's (YES...I could go on. I'm 64 & a car guy) If one is looking for a Reliable people/stuff-hauler it's hard to beat a mid-size SUV. I have always liked the 4Runner & Pathfinder for their "fit". They are smaller than my Suburban, thus less difficult for my wife & daughters to handle. Yet easily accommodates 5 Full-sized adults + baggage/golf bags, etc. The QX4 is basically a Pathfinder, but definitely more Refined. With Leather, Bose Stereo & 4X4 it is my go anywhere vehicle.

1 2