2003 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 6 reviews

Great SUV for the family

by from Winston-Salem, NC on October 27, 2008

My wife and I purchased our Rodeo in 2006 after our first baby was born. It has been an outstanding car. We have only replaced tires and brakes. It does have a slight rattle of the heat shield on the muffler, but that doesn't affect driveability or performance. My only complaint is that bumps tend to make the Rodeo move around a bit and feel slightly unstable. The 6 disc in dash cd changer and steering wheel radio controls have been nice, but the stereo has recently decided to die, and only allow us to play CD #5. Oddly enough, its a CD neither my wife nor I really like that much. I don't think this is a common issue with the Rodeo. The 4 wheel drive works nice, and has come in handy during a few family camping trips. I wouldn't take it on a baja adventure, but I have taken it down a trail or two with no complaints. Plenty of cargo space for everything that comes with a newborn when travling, and plenty of seating capcity for our family to grow.

I Expected More!!

by from Montana on January 5, 2017

I recently (September of 2016) bought a used 2003 Rodeo in Oklahoma. It had low miles, great maintenance records and drove well. Then we moved to Montana!! On our 2,200mi road trip (btw the seats are NOT made for compfort!) with our 3 year old we had two minor break downs- a hose busted, same one both times. Also, like others who jumped on the opportunity to buy an Isuzu I regret not doing my homework! As stupid, and as 'blond' as it sounds- I didn't know that not all Rodeos are 4WD or even AWD! Who makes a utility sports vehicle and advertises it like its built to be off the road without 4WD?! That's just STUPID! I have a rear wheel drive SUV that is ALWAYS getting stuck! Just recently I noticed that my truck wasn't shifting properly. It almost feels as tho it's fighting against itself....my front right rotor went out and decided to LOCK my whole left tire! $290 to fix the rotor, caliper and break pads. YAY! Another thing I wish I would have looked into more was the re-sale value. In 5 months of owning the rig and putting around 15,000 (well traveled) miles on it has lost over a quarter of what I paid for it! (Actually almost over 1/3!!) If your considering buying a rodeo- save your money and invest it in a Honda or Toyota!!! I wish I had!! However all in all I have to say it's not the worst car i've owned, its actually been a decent rig so far. (Knock on wood!!)

My Rodeo is an outstanding family vehicle!

by from Fort Sill, Ok on November 26, 2007

Everything about the 2003 Isuzu Rodeo is great. Power is the key under the hood, also storage of personel equipment is great. I play Softball and I Golf and I am able to store all my sporting equipment in my Rodeo without taking away space for seating. This vehicle is made for the average family that loves to go hunting, camping, shopping, sporting, or just a Sunday picnic.

The best SUV for it's money

by from Phoenix AZ on October 5, 2008

I had 3 other SUV's before this one and I can tell you that the Isuzu is the best family car, and work perfect for outgoing people.

Stores a lot, Falls apart

by from VT on March 29, 2009

We bought the Rodeo in 2003 for a great price from a dealership that was getting out of the Isuzu business. That should have been our first clue. The car gets driven a lot, but does not get driven to excess, does not get driven "off-road," or in any manner that would be damaging. If anything, the Corolla I bought a few months before this does; that's the car we take on long trips because the MPG on the Isuzu stinks. A lot of little things have had to be replaced on the Isuzu in the 6 years we've had it. Compared to my Corolla, which has only had to have a few belts replaced. My biggest concern, though, is the rust. The rear windshield wiper looks like it's going to rust completely off any day now. When you open the back hatch window, the arms are shockingly rusted, particularly for an interior piece. I guess that area wasn't designed very well. And yesterday the lock mechanism on the back door no longer works. That's right kids, our SUV now has a permanently unlocked door. It seems like there's just always SOMETHING on this vehicle that needs to be fixed. We're going to sell this thing for scrap metal and buy a Toyota.

rodeo 03

by from on February 28, 2011

idk i just got sick of it nothing really bad to say about it but i guess this has to be a 9 more characters so there you go.