2001 VehiCROSS

4.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Like no one else ....

by Gussie2000 from Queens,NY on December 30, 2007

Deffinetly V-cross is the top of SUV coupe that i've ever seen. I decide to purchase an SUV & since then i'd test few SUV's of my preference,pathfinder,X-terra,RAV-4,liberty renagade,explorer,yukon,expedition,etc. I cleary understand that all of those trucks cannot be compared due to the differents features,styles & other stuff,however to me V-cross is one of a kind. Only two or three more features i'll suggest to the amount already added opctions in the V-cross.which is sunroof,GPS navigation & an folding center console at the rear seats. The lack of cup holders is a small turn off,but come one guys,remember that this state-of-the-art wasn't intented for production by isuzu. The torque-on-demand system is outstanding.the powerfull 3.5L is unique if we consider that V-cross is an mid-size truck. Even newer mid-size trucks doesn't match the powerfull V-cross engine,such as toyota RAV-4,suzuki XL-7,sport track explorer or either come close to it. Is a must-turn-head,where ever i drive by people stop me,i can recall this nice chick who follow me almost 34 miles until a stop by a gas station just to aks me where this truck came from. Out there's many beautyfull cars,but V-cross step aside from all of the rest. I deffinetly love this one & hope isuzu soon decide to bring them back on production.

Awesome Vehicle

by VX Enthusiast from NY on May 22, 2011

Very fun and eye-catching vehicle. One of the funnest vehciles I've driven. It's low RPM High torque allows it to climb steep inclines, you can drive through anything with this vehicle, and it handles nicely on the road with lots of power. Everywhere I go it turns heads since there were only 3100 sold in USA. The interior is very sharp and modern as well as the exterior. The chrome alloy rims hold up very nicely, no lack of quality here.

Uses car for Off-roading

2000 Isuzu VehiCross

by WhizSantana from Paterson, NJ on May 11, 2009

The Best V Cross Real SUV Ever Put Out For Public Consumer!! I Am The Proud 1st Owner Of A 2000 Isuzu VehiCross with 55,000 Original Miles And Love It! Very Expensive To Maintain Unless You Can Work On it Yourself! Good For me, Since I Am An Auto Mechanic, Etc. However, The New Parts Are Very Expensive (Special Ordered From Japan). \ Also, For 2009 and After, Isuzu Vehicles are No Longer Exported To The USA. Just Think, What The Resale Price Will Be 20 - 50 Years From Now?

Great Little beast!

by Steve from Mesa, AZ on April 26, 2017

I currently own an '01 Vehicross and I must say that I love it! While not the highway vehicle, the offload prowess is undeniable! Stylish and fun! A real head turner!

Fun little car with lots of Torque

by VXNVA from Virginia on February 23, 2017

This car is under appreciated probably because most people don't actually know what it is. Its a great small truck. Compact size makes it easy to park and drive in traffic. The 3.5L engine can makes it a mini rocket. Be warned though you will need a rear camera or a giraffe neck to see from the back window and the ride can be a little rough. Tough to get in the back seat though , not ideal if you have kids or need a booster seat in the back. Great for both commuting, city driving, trail or just parking it , cleaning and staring at how good it looks. Lots of info on customization and there are forums vibrant with enthusiasts willing to help you in any way they can. Not good for relationships as it has a way of stealing your heart.

One of the Funniest SUV currently on the road

by Car Enthusiast from Woodland Hills, CA on January 5, 2010

I have owned my Proton Yellow VehiCross since 2003......I specifically searched for one year to find the right color, low mileage and excellent condition VehiCross. Still people ask, what is it, and can not believe how old it is. The only problem when purchased was the electric windows, which the manufacturer had a fix for but of course was not covered under warranty. I have several cars and this is the most fun to drive, not only because it is rare but it handles great..... I wish they did not stop production but I understand why as they only have 2 doors. Great SUV, fun SUV, I love my Vehicross.

If I have enough money I'd buy them all.

by gouki from Virginia on January 3, 2008

I own one and I'm going to buy one for each color/combination. I like everything about this car ,is unique and a really off-roader. I highly recommended.

Dream ride just happens to be an older SUV

by Dave S on October 11, 2017

I can't really express how much this vehicle fits me. From the predictable braking to the smooth power steering to the solid feel. Who would have thought that my best fit is a 16 year old SUV? It is. This thing runs the highways great, corners very well has an all around great feel to drive it. After driving it only for a couple weeks, I drove my other vehicle, a BMW X3 with the 2.8. I was shocked by the engine hesitation on initial acceleration and when shifting and the lean in turns. I had quickly gotten used to the VehiCross that had none of that, and I couldn't believe I had been driving the X3 for years without realizing it. Sure, it's an older vehicle, but it has the driving characteristics that make me feel good when I drive it. My reason to buy it was that I could buy it with cash, then sell my other SUV and get out from under the payment. Of course the looks were an advantage too. Everyone loves the looks of the VehiCross. Surprise! I got a lot more than I was expecting.

Performance Functional Exotic Crossover

by FareastParadigm from Chicago,IL on September 25, 2017

This crossover known historically a benchmark in design. Performance features and straight forward technology are some of it's attributes. Remarkably agile although purposely versatile.