2018 F-TYPE

2018 Jaguar F-TYPE

2018 Jaguar F-TYPE

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2018 Jaguar F-TYPE?

Most fun car I’ve ever owned

by Ben from Atlanta, GA on Sat Apr 07 2018

I looked at other cars before I purchased this one, some faster, some more refined, but none could put a smile on my face like this one. The jaw dropping looks and beautiful exhaust have people stopping in traffic to ask me about it. It’s fast enough to have fun when you need it, reliable enough as a daily driver, comfortable enough for weekend trips with the wife, and stunning when you pull up to the valet. With 5 years of free maintenance from Jag, how could you go wrong. This is my 2nd Jag and I couldn’t be happier.

Have owned many cars, just bought my 1st Jaguar

by Machine Guy from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Aug 05 2019

I've owned 8 Corvettes, an M3, M4, a 528, Porsche 911 C4S, an Audi A4, Audi A5, Mercedes E550, Cadillac ATS4, a Volvo, three VWs, many pick up trucks and SUVs, so I have a lot of varied experience with different types of vehicles. Two weeks ago I bought my first Jaguar, an F Type R convertible. So far I love the car. It looks good, it's really fast, ride is comfortable for what it is and it sounds great. Let me address a couple of the complaints I've seen online. First, that the interior is cramped. Based on my experience it's no more cramped than other sports cars I've owned and driven. In fact it feels more spacious than the 2017 C7 Grand Sport I also own. The Vette has more/better tech. Technology is the one area I think the Jag is lacking. The trunk space is very limited but it's a sports car. I've seen online comments that if your bag is bigger than a loaf of bread it won't fit. Not true. You can fit a couple of overnight bags in the trunk of my convertible. A word about the exhaust sound. It seems everyone loves the extra loud exhaust. I do to...sometimes. The good news is that you can have it both ways. In "normal" mode it just has a nice growl and is actually rather quiet. But put it in dynamic mode and it has a completely different personality. I really like the fact you can have it both ways. Quiet or loud, beauty or beast, at least on the 2018. The only piece of the puzzle missing at this point is reliability. If it proves to be reliable I'll have no regrets. Time will tell.

It’s a Jaaaag

by Gary from Missoula Montana on Sat Mar 03 2018

Beautiful lines. Attention to detail and styling inside and out. Very responsive. I drove it from St Petersburg Florida to Missoula Montana, experiencing every weather and driving condition imaginable. Great gas mileage for a performance automobile.

My dream car come true

by Mars from Delray Beach, FL on Fri Oct 20 2017

I think it's gorgeous especially in the colors I got; white with red interior ... it's a 'hot' ladies car. The performance is outstanding. It's a sports car without a very large trunk ... not an SUV.

I purchased the 2018 Jaguar F-Type 400 Sport

by Dr. H from Great Falls , Va. on Mon Aug 27 2018

Unbelievable styling , exterior and interior. Performance far superior to previously owned Porsche and BMW . A truely refined high performance gentleman’s sports car. When the driver of a Maserati asks you about the car you know it commands attention from car aficionados.

DANG!!!!

by SteveM from Ann Arbor, MI on Fri Sep 29 2017

Drove this $100k + car at the Jaguar "Art of Performance tour" in Novi last week. I was able to "open it up" on the smart cone course...and man...I did just that! Fantastic 550 HP acceleration and rumble! Wonderful styling, only to be found in the best exotic cars. It was hugging the corners, screeching the tires on each turn like it was screaming YESSSSS for more! What a rush!

Most exilerating car I’ve ever driven

by Jaguar Fan from OVIEDO, FL on Sun Aug 19 2018

Driving this car gives me a thrill and excitement beyond imagination. The sound is truly one of the best in a sports/muscle car category and very stylish interior and exterior. It responds very well, is nimble and makes you want to drive a it more. I keep the cat in dynamic Sport Mode.

I used to have a ZO6 Corrvette, this is much bette

by brindlesmg@aol.com from Hollywood, FL on Fri Nov 02 2018

It is great, I feel it a much better car than the Corvettes I used to own The dealership is a great in answering questions

WOW! WOW! WOW! IT'S GOOD TO BE BAD!

by "Kathleen W", "Jag Lady" from Sugar Land, Texas on Mon Aug 26 2019

Our 2018 FType R Dynamic sure makes it fun to be bad! In the Caldera Red it's a standout with sexy good looks. The black package on red makes it look aggressive and fast! The high performance seats are comfortable and adjust to fit for a perfect driving position. The all leather red and black interior is well made and looks great with the red exterior. The touchs of carbon fiber in the cabin are very tasteful. We like the panaramic roof with the blind that can be opened or closed. The trunk has 14 square feet of space without a spare tire which is considerable for a sports car. The 380 hp 6 cylinder has plenty of power with a supercharger . There is no lag when you want the power. The deplorable spoiler rises up at 60 mph and stays up until you slow to 55 mph. The exhaust sounds so good and even better in the dynamic mode. This is a a very engaging car to drive and the dynamics contribute to the over all experience.

Lots of initial problems

by Jagfan? from Laguna Niguel, California on Sun Oct 21 2018

Check engine light came on the first week I got it. It was a loose electrical connection. It was at the dealers for 2 days to fix the problem. After I picked it up, the check engine light came on again. This time it was at the dealers for 1 week. It needed a replacement of a valve timer module and timing belt. After I got it back, 3 days later, the passenger seat belt spring broke, so it doesn't retract. So I've owned the car 3 weeks and it will have to go back to the dealer. All in all, I love the car. Just wish it had better initial reliability.

1 2