2019 Jaguar I-PACE consumer reviews

$69,500 starting MSRP
side view of 2019 I-PACE Jaguar
Explore the 2019 I-PACE Jaguar
Shop the 2019 I-PACE Jaguar

Better than all the rest

Fantastic driving experience, gorgeous inside and out, downside is my wife and daughter use it all the time. The build quality is exceptional and you need to drive it to appreciate it. I cannot find a single fault for this vehicle.

3.1

Disappointing. Looks great, very unreliable

I have owned it for eight months, a full one of which will have been spent back in the dealership as they search for faults they cannot generally even find, let alone fix. There are way too many electrical faults for a car of this price - including: key not recognised (frequent), charging doesn't work (occasionally), won't switch on at all (occasionally), screen not working properly (frequent), remote won't unlock (frequent) gesture tailgate not working (constant). I sense this was rushed to market without the testing or the engineer training to back it up. I wish I hadn't bought it. Add to that it gives me back trouble on any journey that last longer than 30 minutes - despite the seat adjustment options.

Best of all worlds

This is our second EV (leased the BMW i3 before). Owned the I-PACE since May 2019, has 13,500 miles so far, it has been a wonderful vehicle all around. Obviously never having to buy gas, the instant torque with AWD are the biggest draws. We charge primarily at home and it "fills-up" for less than $4.00 with GA Power's EV rate (11:00 pm - 7:00 am). But, its size, city and highway driving manners, interior and exterior styling makes it the perfect car for us. The only time I needed to go to the dealer was for a software update. The infotainment and connectivity updates can be made over the air and Jaguar has been good about fixing bugs and making improvements. I definitively would recommend this car to anyone looking for an EV that does it all in style.

3.7

Poor Electronics

The car looks great and drivers great. But the onboard electronics are unreliable. Routinely glitching, locking up, needing to reboot, etc. Even CarPlay has good days and bad days. Jag is aware of problem. All offer to do is update and reinstall. They know there's an issue and they can't fix it. Would not recommend unless you really don't care about a user interface.

4.4

Range anxiety

Lovely car to drive, good stering and response. Dose not deliver in manufacturers boast of 292 miles. If you get 220 you will be doing well, the range is very difficult to rely on, as with all driving it depends on how you drive, but this is a major let down, and doesn't even charge past 252 miles.

3.6

Oh Dear!

A wonderful drive however it was towed away 3 weeks ago after only 3,000 miles and Jaguar can't find the problem. I only get an update when I phone the dealer and endure the recorded messages informing me how great the iPace is. As a Jaguar owner for 25 years this has to be the worst experience yet.

A Great Luxury Electric Vehicle

This car is fantastic!!! I'd highly recommend this vehicle for anyone in the Luxury EV market. Tesla has the slight edge in range, technology, and a vast super charging network. However, Tesla can not compare to the Jaguar I-Pace's more appealing exterior styling/design, luxurious appointed interior, superior build quality, better reliability, better road terrain/off road capability and Jaguar's 5 year zero maintenance program that cant be beat by any Luxury auto-maker. I purchased and installed a Level 2 charging station in my garage, so I rarely need to charge while away from home. Yet, on a trip from Minnesota to Chicago, I used the Plugshare app and filtered for locations with high powered stations along my route , and charging was a quick and a breeze!! Lastly , there are current sales throughout the nation with 17k- 23k discounts on the 2020 I-PACE.

3.6

Unreliable electric engines. Loud braking

The car broke down with less than 6,000 miles. Has been in the dealer for almost a month. Wanted to trade in for another car. Trade in value dismal. Braking is loud and annoying. Spare tire bulky, occupies all of the cargo area.

4.1

It aaight

I've had it a few days now. I've gotten a ton of compliments on the outside. I personally love how the interior looks. How fast the range is consumed is ridiculous. Some how u lose range while the car is off. Luckily there's a handful free charging stations

My first all electric Car

I drove most of the competitors, Chevy bolt Nissan leaf and Tesla 3 None can compare to the styling and comfort of the Jaguar I Pace (my first Jaguar) . From 1 foot driving to the convince of home charging and of course the speed response of the dual electric motors I've never had a car that can compare and I've owned or leased everything from Ford, Mercury,Chevy, Olds, Pontiac to MGB, Mitsubishi,Subaru,Toyota, Acura and yes even Mercedes. I know this car is a little on the pricey side, (list starting at $59K) and it's a new model for Jaguar but so far with approx 4000 miles driven No serious issues and none expected