2002 Jaguar S Type

Most Reliable and luxury Car I've Owned

by from on August 31, 2010

"This is a great auto. The faster you go the better it handles. By far the best buy in a sports car for your dollar compared to BMW and Audi. Be very carefull of the 2.5. The trans will go on all of them and this is right from the Jag dealer. When I bought mine I did not listen to the mechanic and bought the 3.0 instead of the 4.0 because the price was better. What a mistake,a bearing in the transfer case went at 40,000 miles. Lucky for me it was on warranty. It took 4 weeks to get another in as there were so many being changed that they were on back order. The way to go is with the 4.0 with the sport package. This is hard to find as they are such good cars that no one wants to get rid of them. Best chance is to ask the dealer if one is coming off a lease and for them to let you know when it arrives. You won't be sorry. My wife was driving ours in Canada and she was doing 100 and I told her she better watch there are no cops around or she would be thrown in jail. She forgot the speedo was in miles not km. Runs all right on low blend but sure purrs on the high grade gas, that is the only down fall at 1.00 per litre."

Nice, did I say Nice?

by from Aurora, Ohio on October 6, 2010

Smoothest ride I've ever owned. After owing a Porsche, and a BMW - I'd stick with the Jag. Handling is very smooth and agile. The 3.0 has plenty of get-up-and-go. It's really the best road car I've ever owned. Steering is spot on. Brakes are very smooth. Running mid-grade it's 23+ with local driving and 29+ over the road. Overall just a very nice luxury-sport car. And yes, I'll buy an S-Type again.

Best car I have ever owned.

by from FEASTERVILLE TREVOSE, PA on June 10, 2017

One of the best and most stylish Jaguars ever made. Best four wheels on the road. Well maintained and well cared for and is in very good condition.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Jaguar S Type