2004 Jaguar S Type

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!

by from USA on November 22, 2009

Been around since 1945 and have had a few cars and my S Type R is by far the best for many reasons. Performance, WOW!!! Handling, WOW WOW!!! Style, WOW!!! Reliability, WOW!!! I'm an aircraft mechanic and owned it since new. Had it shipped cross country for delivery just for the color. Milage would be great if I didn't have a lead foot, and enjoying it !!!

A luxurious world class performer

by from New Mexico on May 21, 2008

As a hardcore car enthusiast, and a guy that has driven pretty much anything in the price range of $30,000-90,000, from American to European Cars, I must say that the Jaguar S-Type R is a gem of a car. The car's looks are stunning, yet discreet. The interior is just gorgeous w/ very high end quality materials, and a very harmonious balance of Leather, Chrome Metal, and Wood. Under the hood, you truly could not ask for more, 420HP high revving and eager to please engine, a perky transmission ready to manually accomodate any gear, any time, and a stiff chassis w/ essentially no body roll, and a suspension that is the perfect blend of track and daily driving. All things considered, the car is pricey, but it really does provide something that most cars in that price range fail to deliver. BMW and Mercedes are great, but you cant drive around the corner without seeing one. I guarantee you, there is not many R's around, I have yet to see another in my hometown. Porsche is awesome, but as a daily driver, you just need a back seat and a trunk. The car is good on gas too, 20mpg city and 27-30Hwy, honest.

Zoom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by from 08234 on September 26, 2010

I love this car!!! It's a 2004 S- Type-R I've owned since new. Unfortunate for Jaguar(Tata) but fortunate for me, the style of this car is a standout in the crowd of jellybean and shoebox looking cars which predominate the roads!!!! Experience one if you can and you'll be convinced too!!!! Seat fits like a glove, small sacrifice for entry effort!!

The purr keeps me driving!

by from Edmond, OK on November 24, 2012

I have had this car since 2004. Only problem we had was with enthanol, this messed up the fuel injecters which scared the daylights out of me as I was driving on the express way with my children. Try pushing the gas pedals and getting no where! Avoid enthanol, this only took about a year to cause damage.

Reliable and prestigious

by from Bethesda on July 22, 2010

infra value in US. It's a very good brand. In Europe it is a very expensive make and very good. I strongly recommend this car

The strongest car ive ever owned

by from Tamoa on September 21, 2011

I love my jaguar s-type. I drive back and forth to Weston and the drive is so smooth and I dont spend a fortune in gas.(especially now a days) This car is so solid. I feel so safe driving my children in it.. I wouldnt trade my jaguar for nothing..Its the best and safest car I ever owned..

2004 s 4.2

by from tn on October 21, 2011

great car, runs and handles much better than my bmw 5. windows and doors and sun roor really work. Nothing else in my driveway.

Expensive looking Bargain pricing

by from Greenwood, South Carolina on April 29, 2017

Ideal, The car is a dream come true, looks like luxury but gas savings is tremendous. The smoothness is relative to the Lincoln I once owned new the instrumental panel has all the conveniences of a Cadillac , The styling as unique as a Mercedes all in all a couple of dreams rolled into ride.

Long Life Warranty Car

by from Columbia, SC on June 10, 2017

it is really reliable, haven't had a problem yet with it and has just been running really smoothly and really fast too.

Beautiful but maintenance was expensive

by from on March 17, 2017

Car was a pleasure to drive to the end. Maintenance was $6,000 in the last 22 months. I paid it expecting it to last through a troublesome patch, but it threw rod and killed the engine. I will try to avoid putting that kind of money into another car in favor of putting it into a new one. All that said, it is still a difficult car to let go.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Jaguar S Type