2007 S-Type

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2007 Jaguar S-Type?

Very underrated vehicle

by ron@exit7 from Dayton, OH on Sun Feb 03 2013

This is probably my all time favorite car. Styling, luxury and versatility all in one fun package. The S is the middle size Jag and comes with nearly all the amenities of its bigger cousin. I like the elegant and comfortable interior, the fold down split rear seat and the performance and great mileage. Mine has the V6. Very nice but its not the V8 - thats why the 4-star performance rating. If you can get one of the V8s I would go for that. You would enjoy the performance of the XJ and not sacrifice mileage. Negatives are no mp3 connectivity or aux input and no bluetooth unless you have navigation.. I think Jag has a connectivity product you can get which also gives you the aux input, or you can get a FM modulator device from a audio retailer which works fine. Overall a lot of bang for the buck here that is often overlooked. Sad to say the XF replaced the S in 2009. I think the V8 S is better than the V8 XF. And I like the J-gate shifter. I just don't get knob drive and paddles. Sorry. Maybe I'm old-school.

Great "get noticed" car

by Lady Jag Owner from Wisconsin on Sat Sep 22 2012

I have owned 2 Jaguar S-Types, a 2003 and my current 2007 and loved both. Style and comfort along with the great feel of this car is absolutely the best. I haven't had any problems with the car in any aspect and have nothing negative to say. Definitely a car to own if you want reliability and something not everyone else has!

Fifty Years of Dreaming

by PapasJag from Maryland on Sat May 20 2017

In 1966 my brother & I bought a 3.4 Mark II. Sadly we had to sell it when we both went into the service. So for fifty years I've been dreaming of owning another. That dream finally came true last year when I bought a stunning 2007 S Type in BRG (What else!) biscuit interior & only 52K miles. I did my homework. Checked out all the reviews and waited for the right one to come along. Since then I put on 6K miles including several long road trips. The car handles beautifully. True it's a V6 but always has plenty of power. Other than changing the oil the car hasn't given me a bit of trouble. I admit I love Jags, but this car is a stunner. Turns heads wherever I go. With Mercs & Bimmers a dime a dozen this car is unique. If you find one with low mileage and/or well cared for BUY IT.

Head-turner

by Mr_Lucky from Port Tobacco, MD on Tue Jun 26 2018

The S-Type classic looks catches every passing eye as it glides by. Styling, craftsmanship, and performance. Interior is as striking as the exterior. Our 2nd S-Type and should never have sold the 1st one.

love jags

by dreamer from florida on Tue Jan 10 2012

I had an 2003 s type Jaguar , Loved it so i got an 07 s type, love it . Never had any issues with the old one , dont think i will with this one

Classy for grown folks

by Richkid8406 from Toronto Ontario on Mon Nov 12 2018

I love this car so smooth almost feels like you're riding on a jaguars back lol I feel like these cars are special came from the families of Rolls-Royce and Phantoms and they are collectibles

Our Take on the 2007 Jaguar S-Type

Ford bought Jaguar in 1989 -- yes, it has been that long -- but it wasn't until 1999 that the company really put its brand on Jaguar, with the introduction of the 2000 S-Type sedan. The S-Type shared bits and pieces with the underrated Lincoln LS, and though both vehicles were better for the partnership, Jaguar loyalists doffed their tweed driving caps and lifted a snifter of brandy to what was Jaguar, and what was now a Jaguar built by Ford.

All that doffing and snifter-lifting may have been premature, because Ford, for all its problems, has been a pretty sensitive caretaker. Those of us who have been doing this for a while recall the grim pre-Ford period in which you were taking a chance if you... Read More