2008 Jaguar S Type

great car for the money

by from michigan on July 26, 2007

love this car ride is great gets lots of looks great driving machine all i do is change the oil and filter flush the transmission once a year and thats it would buy another one

better than I expected.

by from san jose, CA on August 31, 2008

Was afraid of maintenance issues before purchase. Bought new 5 years ago. Zero problems. All around driving - 24mpg is typical. If driven carefully, gets 30 mpg on highway!!! (65mph, slow acceleration, minimum brake, 3.0L engine, low-test gas). Hate the climate control system, only useful for full automatic (w/ AC running all the time) or turned off. Manual control is near impossible. (A contribution from Ford?)

Quick as a rocket

by from Long Island, New York on April 1, 2010

This is the second S I've owned and the response is phenomenal. ( My S is a 6 cylinder, which makes it more amazing). The car can be described as "skittish." One only has to touch the pedal to take off like a shot when passing. The car(s) have proven to be reliable to a fault and dealer service has been commendable. If you can afford to... buy a jaguar!

A beautiful classic

by from Cleveland, Ohio on May 14, 2017

This is my second "S" type! The first was a 2003 I purchased new and obtained excellent value driving 100,000 miles without missing a beat. Regrettably the car was discontinued in 2008. I was able to get a 2007 with only 22,000 miles. It has been perfect and now has 74,000. I would be very eager to get another low mileage "S" type, but they are getting rarer! The new models may be great cars, but they don't look like Jags!

A Really Cherry Car

by from Riverside, California on June 6, 2017

I was looking for a red 2008 Jaguar S-Type. I had owned a 2005 S-Type until a teen driving with his lights off on a dark and stormy night rear-ended me. I then got a Jaguar XJ8 which was okay. However, it was time for something new ("new" to me) and wanted to return to the S-Type for the handling, styling and comfort. While this car had more mile than I wanted, it had never been so much as bumped (hard to find in So. California) and had maintenance records showing that all schedule maintenance had been dealer performed and always on time. Additionally, the car came with brand new Continental tires (which I have always kept on my Jags). The transmission had been rebuilt and the break lines had been flushed each time the breaks had been changed. My mechanic even noticed that the dust plate behind the breaks was shiny like new. The prior owner (it was a one-owner vehicle) had really cared for this car and I got a great price on it. While I would have liked less miles on the car, the care given it helped me overcome my concerns. I love the color, I love the ride, and, most of all, I love the way it looks like a jag should look!