2006 Jaguar X Type

Great Long Distance Tourer

by from Charleston, WV on April 1, 2007

I own an 06 X Type 3.0 automatic and have put 14K miles on it so far. Performance - The 3.0 in the X makes 227HP and 206 Ft-Lbs of torque . The car will hit 60 in 7.1 seconds and tops out at about 121 (electronically limited). European models without the electronic watchdog will hit 150. The sensation of acceleration with this car is different - you don't get much seat-of-the-pants feel, but, the speeedometer simply unwinds itself. Handling - the conering ability of this car matches anything I've ever driven. Corners like its on rails. Mine has the 17 inch wheels and the ride is firm and well damped, but, not jarring as in some of its competitors. Exterior - I love the retro styling of the Jag. The fit and finish are second to none. These cars have the best paint jobs I've ever seen. Interior - I find the seats to be very comfortable on long trips. I can drive for hours without fatique. The quality of the leather Jag uses is excellent. The wood trim is tastefully done, and, the dash layout is quite attractive. Back seat room is Ok, and , will hold 2 adults with no discomfort. The trunk room is tops for this class with a full 16 cu. feet capacity. Foul Weather capability - With its standard AWD, the X will handle snow and heavy rain with no drama at all. The traction is excellent. Anti-lock brakes and disk brakes all around are standard. Braking capabilities of the car are excellent. Overall, the car is heavy and is extremely well built and rigid. At legal speeds on the interstate, it feels like its loafing, and, is quite capable of cruising at triple digit speeds comfortably. Fuel economy - Driving aroud town, my X gets 20 Mpg. On trips, running at interstate speeds, it stays consistently at 24 MPG, running on 93 octane gas. I drove most of its competitors before buying it. Some are a bit quicker, but, none of them appealed to me as much as the X did. Having driven it for almost a year now, I'm still extremely satisfied with my purchase decision.

Great in every way

by from New York on July 16, 2011

I wasn't sure about the Jaguar specially after driving an E500 for long and was lost in an accident. After having the X-Type 3.0 for about a year now, knock on wood, runs great and looks great. No problems whatsoever. I just love it

Very Safe During Axcident.

by from on September 19, 2013

This car my wife used to have it at first arrival to Ma in 02. . car crashed her from the front it was very safe..

Great Value

by from Lebanon ct on September 3, 2012

Tremendous car! Great styling, excellent performance, great handling. This is a sleeper car. Needs premium gas.

A Classic Estate Car

by from Ipswich, Ma on July 8, 2011

I love the classic style of the Jaguar Estate. It is timeless. I looked at the BMW and Mercedes wagon and was not impressed.

drives great

by from Phoenix,AZ on June 4, 2012

I have always been a Mercedes person, but even though this is an older Jag, it drives well and has the quality I am used to. Handling is crisp and smooth, power is more than ample. I was hesitant about buying a used Jag, but so far this has been a wonderful car.

Great Little Car

by from San Jose, CA on November 15, 2011

I purchased this car about a month ago..I suppose it's too soon to tell how it will hold up, but so far I love it. One of the best driving cars I've owned. Smooth ride, great on winding roads, wonderful sound system!

Our Expert Review: 2006 Jaguar X Type