2009 XF

2009 Jaguar XF

2009 Jaguar XF

4.5

Have you driven the 2009 Jaguar XF?

BIG SURPRISE

by Mack from HOUSTON, TX. on Mon Jan 09 2012

I have been totally surprised with the cars reliability, gas mileage (21 city and 26 on a recent 600 mi. trip) and beauty. I have put over 12k miles on the car and have nothing but praise and nice things to say about it. I recieve stares, compliments and praise about the car and have had no problems mechanically or otherwise. My first Jag and I'm totally surprised. I love it.

best car for the money

by Addicted to XF from Chicago, IL on Tue Nov 04 2008

Having been a Mercedes Benz E- Class driver for years now, I decided it was time for change when my lease was up. I saw the "Hush" XF add on TV and was simply polarized. I went over to the Jaguar dealership and test drove a XF supercharged. Compared to my previous E500, this car triumphs it in every way I can think of. For starters, It looks stunning. The interior quality is top notch, and the futuristic start up and shift knob are so much fun. The whol car is just to much fun, and the ride is a perfect balance between outstanding performance and cruising comfort. Once options are added, it turns out to be a better deal than a Mercedes Benz E550 of BMW 550i. Although it does require premium fuel, it actually is pretty good on gas. On the highway I achieve about 27 miles per gallon, but in the city about 17. Not outstanding, but remember that it has 420 horsepower. My final word would be this: Forget Lexus, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, or Infinity. If you want a performance midsize luxury car, the Jaguar XF is simply the best choice.

Overall, a great car

by RabbitRun from Livermore, CA on Tue Jan 31 2012

I bought the used Jaguar from a dealership and it was certified, which extended the warranty. The Jag is smooth and powerful, beautiful to look at, sounds great, and has all of the options I was looking for. However it died on me within the first week and i needed to have it towed to a dealership. They could not find anything wrong (it started right up) and it has not happened again. It's my second Jag and I really like their cars.

Best car for the money

by Yhate carlos from Houston tx on Mon Dec 19 2011

My wife and I love the car.... The technology is amazing and for being a v8 gas is not bad I will totally recommend this car to any one who wants, style, performance at a great price

Baddest Car Ever

by DP from on Sat Jul 30 2011

I am constantly getting stopped on the streets with compliments and cngratulatory remarks about my Jag XF. Sometimes I feel like a celebrity owning this car.

One of the Best

by Chummer from on Tue Apr 26 2011

Great car! Fun to drive, many looks. Stylish, sophisticated, and powerful. You must own a Jaguar at least once in your lifetime, and this is a great start!

Test Drive Review

by Car Nut from Connecticut on Mon Mar 10 2008

Test drove the supercharged today. I am currently in the market and have driven BMW 535, BMW 750, BMW M5, Audi A8 and Mercedes S550 all within the last week. I tend to value the sport part of the luxury sport sedan equasion and so in each test drive I pushed the limits of performance within reasonable bounds. PERFORMANCE. This is a very fast car. Handling/ride quality balance (always competing interests) is very close to optimal in my book. Many cars do one or the other very well, but few excel at both. While BMW, in my opinion, has a slight edge on the Jag in this regard, this Jaguar is very close. Re pure handling, it easily bests the Audi and Mercedes - not as flat around curves as the 5 series , but about the same as the 7 series. Back to the speed. Excluding the M5, this car is in a different class than the others. Particularly impressive is the fact that excellent speed/performance comes without apparant sacrifice. EXTERIOR: Distinctive. Polarizing for sure. I thought it looked great in person, much better than the photos. Consumer reviews that suggest the XF looks too much like other cars (Lexus GS, Volvo S80, etc.) are probably based just on photos. In person, the rake of the windshield and back glass, rounded corners, side vents, etc. all combined to make for more of a sporty appearance. Since it's out now everone can judge for him/herself. INTERIOR: This is a style thing so others may disagree, but I thought the interior was superb. Have always loved the Audi interiors, but this is my new favorite. Easily on par or exceeds the S class, 7 series, A8 standards. Nothing at the E class, 5 series, A6 level compares. NEGATIVES: No AWD. Sport support seats in the supercharged would be nice. OTHER: Not sure about reliability but the system would alow the submission without a value. IN SUM: Can't believe a company operating under as many constraints as Jaguar built a car this good. Im' done shopping. Ordering the XF tomorrow.

Driving is Believing

by Green Light from Washington, DC on Thu Apr 03 2008

After 2 Mercedes and a Beamer I like to think of myself as being well versed both in luxury and performance. I found both in the XF. I know I'm by myself here..but I love the front end of the car. I think the grill is awesome....the aggressive styling, and the chrome accents are great. Fit and finish of interior are segment leading. Finally, let's talk value. 420hp, standard nav, back up camera, heated and cooled seats, mp3/ipod integration, 20's, real wood and leather....option those out in a German car and you'll be in the 70's. I drove and ordered last week...can't wait to take delivery.

Awesome Car

by Jag to MB from on Wed Mar 17 2010

This vehicle was an amazing ride! Lots of luxury for the price. The spice interior is unique. Loved driving but need bigger family car. Will miss but look forward to driving the S550.

The New XF Jag.. thumbs up!

by NewJagger from Los Angeles Ca on Thu Apr 24 2008

This XF is a great car. I just leased a Premium Luxury version two days ago, and I am impressed. I was not sure about taking this leap into this new smaller Jag after driving supercharged XJRs, but I am a believer. It has a feeling of quality in execution, and finish that my previous Jags lacked. This time I skipped the Supercharger and went with the Luxury Premium ... I find it plenty quick, and thumping on the supercharger in the era of $4 gas made me think twice about waiting to get a Supercharged version, which are not easy to find. I decided that the basic V-8 engine was quick enough to keep me happy for now. The XF with the 19" rubber drives really well and sticks to the road, but is very smooth and quiet. The interior is awesome in a very modern hip way. Ironically the seating position, console, cowl and dash positioning still feels like a Jag cockpit to me...It is just much different and more techno. The materials are much better too. The Bowers and Wilkins sound system us great, and the controls and technology seems intuitive and slick. I cannot comment on th reliability, but there is a feeling of solid quality to the car, so I have high hopes that Jaguar did all of its homework in developing a reliable car. By they way, I also drove the Lexus GS, BMW 5 & 7 Series, Mercedes E Class and Audi A-6 before I chose the XF..., and this car easiliy holds its own in this company. They are all good cars, but the XF seems fresh and exciting. The level of finish and execution of the interior is also the best of the group. For example. I love the Audi, but the XF's interior is more comparable to the A-8's at $80k than it is to the A-6's. Enough said for now...

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Jaguar XF

After more than 18 years under Ford's umbrella, Jaguar is being sold to India's Tata Motors, certainly beginning yet another era of speculation and naysaying about a foreign company's fitness to steer a storied British brand. Model updates are always in the pipeline years before they appear at dealerships, but the Jaguar XF is Ford's swan song as far as all-new models are concerned. The midsize luxury sedan replaces the S-Type, which has been underwhelming audiences since the 2000 model year. With new exterior styling, a more contemporary interior design and a host of high-tech features, the XF is a worthy — if relatively expensive — competitor to the leading German luxury sedans.

With a... Read More