2009 Jaguar Xf

I feel just as cool as when I owned Mits 3000 GT

by from Calif coast on October 25, 2009

I was afraid of the Jag reputation and that I am a 2 hour drive from warranty maintenance but the gorgeous XF look was too hard to resist! I bought the car as soon as it came out midyear '08. I had the wheels chromed and the dealer liked the look and copied to boost their sales. Some other car companies have similiar look but I'm constantly complimented by all ages who indicate they know it's a Jag, more expensive and think it's better looking. My few complaints: blind spot when making a tight left turn the mirror/window frame blocks view of low center island barriers, the door is heavy for women when it needs to swing out far to open/catch..especially on slope,road work pitted my paint which seems thinner than my past cars, the wheels' style 'flat with tire' are easily damaged when parking too close to curb, the pop up gear shift gets hot when parked in high temptatures, when cooling a hot car down the back seat air duct sometimes blows hot air on passengers longer than necessary, you can hear some outside road/tire sound if radio/CD is off. WHAT I LIKE: The car drives quite well and has great power on extreme climb, the leather/style is beautiful and rich,even though black is a difficult color it beats all the other colors in rich look, the vented seats are great, the navigation/counsel is tight and convenient,good looking steering wheel and over all inside look. I haven't had to face what happens if the battery dies, or if the key or pop up shifter doesn't work. That is a fear for a woman driver. I carry instructions for above in my wallet just in case. Those years of the bad Jag reputation is still deep in my memory. With the market failure I have no idea if I missed a better price when buying. Am I happy that I bought the car ? "So far so good" ! I think Jag finally got it right ! THE XF FEELS AND LOOKS LIKE LUXURY ! I LOVE MY CAR !!

BIG SURPRISE

by from HOUSTON, TX. on January 9, 2012

I have been totally surprised with the cars reliability, gas mileage (21 city and 26 on a recent 600 mi. trip) and beauty. I have put over 12k miles on the car and have nothing but praise and nice things to say about it. I recieve stares, compliments and praise about the car and have had no problems mechanically or otherwise. My first Jag and I'm totally surprised. I love it.

best car for the money

by from Chicago, IL on November 4, 2008

Having been a Mercedes Benz E- Class driver for years now, I decided it was time for change when my lease was up. I saw the "Hush" XF add on TV and was simply polarized. I went over to the Jaguar dealership and test drove a XF supercharged. Compared to my previous E500, this car triumphs it in every way I can think of. For starters, It looks stunning. The interior quality is top notch, and the futuristic start up and shift knob are so much fun. The whol car is just to much fun, and the ride is a perfect balance between outstanding performance and cruising comfort. Once options are added, it turns out to be a better deal than a Mercedes Benz E550 of BMW 550i. Although it does require premium fuel, it actually is pretty good on gas. On the highway I achieve about 27 miles per gallon, but in the city about 17. Not outstanding, but remember that it has 420 horsepower. My final word would be this: Forget Lexus, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, or Infinity. If you want a performance midsize luxury car, the Jaguar XF is simply the best choice.

Best car for the money

by from Houston tx on December 19, 2011

My wife and I love the car.... The technology is amazing and for being a v8 gas is not bad I will totally recommend this car to any one who wants, style, performance at a great price

Overall, a great car

by from Livermore, CA on January 31, 2012

I bought the used Jaguar from a dealership and it was certified, which extended the warranty. The Jag is smooth and powerful, beautiful to look at, sounds great, and has all of the options I was looking for. However it died on me within the first week and i needed to have it towed to a dealership. They could not find anything wrong (it started right up) and it has not happened again. It's my second Jag and I really like their cars.

Baddest Car Ever

by from on July 30, 2011

I am constantly getting stopped on the streets with compliments and cngratulatory remarks about my Jag XF. Sometimes I feel like a celebrity owning this car.

great car!

by from st. louis on March 28, 2013

I found this with 60k miles and the 60k service completed which was a plus. Clean car FAX too. I went from a 740il to this smaller car but still have the 4 litre v8 which I still love. Great car for the money and can't beat jaguar styling performance and luxury.

One of the Best

by from on April 26, 2011

Great car! Fun to drive, many looks. Stylish, sophisticated, and powerful. You must own a Jaguar at least once in your lifetime, and this is a great start!

Owned Jags since my first XJ6C 1976

by from Leawood, Kansas on August 17, 2008

I have owned new Jags since 1976 and the quality, design, and RELIABILITY has improved to near perfection. It has the best styling of any of my previous Jags. It turns more heads than even my XK8. If I had to say what the best feature is I would say the paddle shifters. The back up camera takes some getting use to as it just adds another place to look when backing up. I really like the right outside mirrors that dips on reverse to see the curb. You need to know how to program it to meet your requirements of how low you want it to dip.

Driving is Believing

by from Washington, DC on April 3, 2008

After 2 Mercedes and a Beamer I like to think of myself as being well versed both in luxury and performance. I found both in the XF. I know I'm by myself here..but I love the front end of the car. I think the grill is awesome....the aggressive styling, and the chrome accents are great. Fit and finish of interior are segment leading. Finally, let's talk value. 420hp, standard nav, back up camera, heated and cooled seats, mp3/ipod integration, 20's, real wood and leather....option those out in a German car and you'll be in the 70's. I drove and ordered last week...can't wait to take delivery.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Jaguar Xf