2012 XF

2012 Jaguar XF

2012 Jaguar XF

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2012 Jaguar XF?

Really fast

by Jaguar Virgin from San Diego, CA on Wed Dec 26 2012

My wife and I had an '09 Audis S5 (mine) and 08' BMW 335 Coupe (hers) and it became time to do a refresh on the BMW. We test drove both an Audi A6 and a BMW 550. Neither excited us but we were leaning more toward the BMW. Then I saw the new 2012 Jags. Wanting 4 doors and sporty the XF was the car I wanted to check out. When I went to the dealer told the sale guy what I was comparing the Jag to he suggested I test drive the super charged XF and the XFR (the latter of which I had to eliminate due to budget.) With in 5 minutes of my test drive I was having a blast and well kinda falling in love. The the salesman said, you should try putting it in sport mode and press that (dynamic performance) button. The car suspension stiffened and the accelerator became much more responsive holding RPMs always and keeping me in the optimal gear for performance (I later discovered the paddle shifters.) I had to have this car... I have now owned the car for two months and love it. I love the sound of the engine, the performance and on long drives my wife loves the comfort. While no one buys a V8 for great gas mileage I still get 17-22 mpg (way better than the S5 but with an extra 120 HP. My only complaints are a super cheap glove box (you push a chrome button and it drops open like it is broken.) Also when pulling out of my driveway or other parking spot a warning pops up on the Nav screen telling me to be careful and watch for objects or something like that. A minor thing but I have been driving for 20 years (most of which with out electronic parking aides) and have managed this log with out being warned. With all of the joy the car brings me I can look past those two issues.

Excellent performance/luxury sedad

by Completely Satisfied from Las Vegas on Tue Mar 05 2013

The new generation Jaguar is nothing short of exceptional in every detail. I traded a 2010 Maserati Quattroporte S for the XF and could not be happier! Finish, detail, performance and luxury features are top notch. Before you consider an exotic or a Mercedes, Lexus or Audi I recommend that you drive a Jaguar - you will not be disappointed. The price is comparable to a similar equipped Audi, Lexus or Cadillac but you won't be buying a leather bound version of VW, Toyota or Chevy - Instead you will be getting a superior engineered performance luxury sedan. Highly recommended.

Beautiful car

by my second jaguar from san francisco on Tue Dec 18 2012

Really love this car - I've had BMW 3, 5, and 7 series, Audi A6 and Mercedes SLK and none of them come close. The Jag is rarer and therefore more interesting - I've never had so many people call out "beautiful car!" at stoplights. Goes like a bat out of heck and so far has been utterly, utterly reliable at 35k miles...

No more problems than any other car

by D from chicago on Fri Nov 23 2012

Don't know what the beef is about the XF quality issues. I have had a 2010 for several years and have only had minor issues (with radio) and a tail light repair (covered by recall). Have driven thousand of miles at 21 mpg, great road car, extremely comfortable. Woud buy another one without hesitating. Two trips to dealer for minor issues are hardly a maintenence issue as far as I am concerned.

Style & Luxury

by Jim from Chicago, IL on Mon May 05 2014

Beautiful ... Fast ... Quiet ... Superb Handling ... reasonable gas mileage Wipers occasionally come on when the car is started. Turning the car off ... restarting it ... hit the "one wipe" lever and it is fixed. Radio and Nav Voice went out today. It came back an hour or so later after three restarts. Noisy driver side window. I think that might be part of the Jag experience.

A true drivers car...

by Jagtastic from Virginia Beach, VA on Mon May 20 2013

I've owned Audi's, BMWs and VWs over the past decade. None of them were as engaging or able to deliver a scintillating driving experience as well as my 2012 XF. The car is beautiful from every angle and the interior makes you feel very special with high quality materials and switch gear. Performance wise, it has a great dual personality. On one side, it can cruise and eat miles like a luxury sedan. On the other, it is a rapturous performance sedan worhty of any canyon carving adventure. I thoroughly enjoy being able to live in both worlds without sacrifice. The only short comings are a smallish back seat. I have small children, so that is not an issue for me. I look forward to many miles in this excellent sprots sedan.

Just Getting Started with this Jag

by New To Jags from Chicago on Wed Jul 23 2014

Bought it used just a month ago. Very clean with only 17K miles and very well kept. Still playing with the sets to find the right position. Wish the tail lights were more distinctive. Love the look from the front. Flip it into Sports mode and it's a lot of fun. Interior is great. Overall, while its only been a month, I'm happy.

Electronic Glitches

by JLucas02 from Chicago, IL on Fri Apr 14 2017

I bought the car used. 2 years old and 6 K miles when purchased. It is now 5 years old and has 113 K miles. Main computer replaced under warranty ... Tire Pressure Monitor (not the ones in the wheels ... the one in the car) replaced out of warranty ... $1,700 for new fuel pump ... R F Turn signal goes out when it rains ... since cost to replace is ~$3,000 I will put up with it ... Tire Pressure Monitor out again. Most repairs after $100 K miles. If I drove ~10 K / year, I would buy another one but I need more reliability and/or more available service.

Beautifu Car

by Love Our Jaguar from illinois on Tue Sep 10 2013

A fun drive. Great design. Interior is really special. This car makes you feel good whenever you drive it.

Everybody wants a jag. No other car in this class

by LDCuervo22 from Raleigh, NC on Fri May 08 2015

Styling on the Jag XF 2012 is far and away the best among the A7, B500 series, Lexus. The attention to detail for interior ... all metal, leather and wood. That's it. One sexy car. Power throws you into seat back when you accelerate and the roar from the powerful V8 is invigorating. Extremely reliable with only normal maintenance needed. Certified preowned is way to go if you can afford it. Gets a lot of attention on road and rest areas.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Jaguar XF

Jaguar made just a few changes to its XF sport sedan for 2012: nips and tucks to the front end, flashier taillight treatment and an updated navigation system. It doesn't sound like much to rave about, but added to what's already one of the better-driving cars in the segment, it's a winning formula.

There may be better all-around midsize luxury sedans out there, but for shoppers interested in performance, the 2012 Jaguar XF is the clear winner. Sorry, BMW.

You can thank the XF's standard V-8 engine and relatively affordable starting price for that declaration.

What's New
The exterior changes are so subtle you wouldn't expect them to have a major impact on the XF's overall look, but the slimmer headlight... Read More