Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 XJ

2001 Jaguar XJ

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
2 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
3 out of 5 stars Reliability
4 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2001 Jaguar XJ?

2001 Vanden Plas

by Willy G from Connecticut on Mon Mar 09 2009

I absolutely love this vehicle. I purchased it in 2002 with less than 20,000 miles on it. Iam retired and I mainly use it for pleasure. It now has 60,000 miles on it and it still purrs like a kitten. It clearly is a vehicle that stands out from the rest of the cars. The lines of the Jaguar are awesome. It actually calls out to you. A real head turner. I constantly get compliments about the vehicle. The car is well appointed, easy to use and the Vanden Plas is extremely roomy. Iam not sure what they were thinking when they redesigned the Jaguar in 2004. It now looks just like the rest of the luxury cars out there. The Jaguar is very expensive to maintain but when its running at its peak there is not another car on the road that can touch it in respect to performance and handling. Also the 2001 Vanden Plas is a real gas guzzler. While I truly love this vehicle. I would not recommend the Jag as it is very expensive to maintain and I would not want anyone becoming angry with me and saying I purchased this vehicle because of you lol. However when properly maintained the Jaguar is delightful to drive and definitely a dream come true.

Does not recommend this car!!