1999 XJ8

1999 Jaguar XJ8

1999 Jaguar XJ8

3.8

Have You Driven the 1999 Jaguar XJ8?

Great car!

by LOVE THIS CAR from BEVERLY HILLS, CA on Mon Aug 05 2013

This car is great fo the price and mileage. It's a very smooth ride, and a classic.It's never given me a problem, and is very reliable. LOVE THIS CAR!

Many costly repairs

by Jack from Florida on Mon Jun 04 2012

Nice cars, but as they get older they haveba lot of repairs. The typical repair on this car is abput $1000. Unless yoi get unlucky.

A classic ride

by Jagman from Orlando, FL on Fri Oct 27 2006

This is my third Jaguar and the best I've owned. The ride, power, and looks are classic Jaguar; powerful yet refined. The plusses: Superb handling Excellent performance Beautiful design Ergonometrics Almost zero noise The minuses: Costs to maintain fragile cup holders Disappointing leather wear on driver seat

First Jag

by RayC from Nebraska on Tue Apr 14 2015

I was looking for an XK, but when I saw this one, I fell. I knew it had problems when I purchased it, but nothing like when it arrived, and found out one ignition coil was bad. So it sputtered. 1 fix. I took it to a Jag dealer and had it completely gone through. It needed two water pumps, 2 and 3 fix's. Third brake light was bad, 4th fix. Tires were of mixed breeds, Replaced all. Center cup holder won't stay latched. I haven't fixed that yet. So now, the other stuff that I don't know how to fix. The steering wheel and it's memory settings. I can't get it up far enough for me. I'm 6'1" and the leg room from seat to pedals isn't good for me. There isn't enough room to put your foot between the gas and brake pedal to stretch out your right leg. Going back to the cup holder. When it's in the open position with drink in it, it makes it hard to reach the shifter. Being as I'm 6'1" and with the seat in it's lowest position, I still hit my head on the roof. And with the seat in it's lowest setting, it's not very comfortable. I do love my Jag, and am proud to own one. I'm just not sure I can stick more money into it, but will see. I've already driven it more than a 1200 miles since ownership in Sept. of 14. It rides very good and drives very good. I think I'll keep it for a while..

Coolest Car I ever owned

by Jagsarecool on Wed Oct 11 2017

99 Jaguar XJ8 This car is absolutely beautiful with its long sleek hood, low roof line, signature rounded four-headlamp bonnet and big truck. This has all the classic Jaguar styling but with all the modern conveniences of a luxury vehicle, it's almost like owning a new car. Everything works! Has great power with 290 hp 4.0L V8 with good gas mileage mpg or 17 City and 24 Highway, compare that to a 2017 XJ at 18 city and 27 highway.....almost the same. Miles are a low 76k (that's 4,200 miles a year), paint looks great, leather seats look perfect, including drivers, has 6 disc changer in the truck with rare telescoping antenna on trunk. Stereo system sounds like a live concert. Jaguar by design had some flaws, but if caught in time and fixed would give you a great reliable vehicle. The key was to get to these early and why vehicles in this good a shape are so rare. All the flaws were fixed so now just a super clean and classy car. Engine recently had a valve job, new seals, gaskets, timing components replaced with the upgraded Jaguar components. Also has a new AGM battery and Denso fuel pump, not the cheap one and had plastic over the floor matts so they look new too. The cylinder walls had no visible wear and felt smooth, this vehicle will run for a very long time. Vehicle was sitting in a garage for years not driven and why the low miles. Please respond if interested, serious inquiries only, no dealers as this is a private party sale. Has California plates, recently smogged and registered and has a clean car fax report. Cash Only. Makes me very happy when I drive this car, and hopefully will go to someone who loves the classic styling of Jaguar, that you can drive, and cruise like me. I think this is the coolest sedan of that year. The Jaguar was low and sleek, everything else for that year, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW were all tall and boxy, no fun today. The only thing cooler was the 1999 XK8

timebomb

by stupidcarbuyer from holland,mi on Sun Oct 24 2010

bought a beautiful 2000 xj8l w/78000 miles. within 1st year of ownership i had almost 5000$ in repairs, windshield wiper motor relay went out, vacuum canister went bad, spark plug /valve cover gaskets leaked,timing chain tensioner broke causing bent valves. love jags but would never own another one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Contrary to popular opinion...

by Jerry jag. from San Diego ca on Wed Aug 16 2017

Possibly the best car I've ever owned. yes, they are expensive to operate and maintain/ repair. I only allow the dealer I purchased it from to do any work or maintenance on it. Every time I drive it, I smile. Doubt I will ever sell it.

Most luxury car

by Jag owner from Hayward Ca on Sat Jun 01 2013

So far great car would recommend to others. My first luxury that I have purchased. There is a electrical problem. That I will take the car to dealer to have checked out.

To expensive to have repairs done

by Wildcat Fan from on Fri Jul 20 2012

Love the looks of these cars. Owned one for years, until it got older cost so much to have anything worked on!!!!!!