1999 Jaguar XJ8 Consumer Reviews

3.4
Average based on 7 reviews

Many costly repairs

by from Florida on June 4, 2012

Nice cars, but as they get older they haveba lot of repairs. The typical repair on this car is abput $1000. Unless yoi get unlucky.

First Jag

by from Nebraska on April 14, 2015

I was looking for an XK, but when I saw this one, I fell. I knew it had problems when I purchased it, but nothing like when it arrived, and found out one ignition coil was bad. So it sputtered. 1 fix. I took it to a Jag dealer and had it completely gone through. It needed two water pumps, 2 and 3 fix's. Third brake light was bad, 4th fix. Tires were of mixed breeds, Replaced all. Center cup holder won't stay latched. I haven't fixed that yet. So now, the other stuff that I don't know how to fix. The steering wheel and it's memory settings. I can't get it up far enough for me. I'm 6'1" and the leg room from seat to pedals isn't good for me. There isn't enough room to put your foot between the gas and brake pedal to stretch out your right leg. Going back to the cup holder. When it's in the open position with drink in it, it makes it hard to reach the shifter. Being as I'm 6'1" and with the seat in it's lowest position, I still hit my head on the roof. And with the seat in it's lowest setting, it's not very comfortable. I do love my Jag, and am proud to own one. I'm just not sure I can stick more money into it, but will see. I've already driven it more than a 1200 miles since ownership in Sept. of 14. It rides very good and drives very good. I think I'll keep it for a while..

Great car!

by from BEVERLY HILLS, CA on August 5, 2013

This car is great fo the price and mileage. It's a very smooth ride, and a classic.It's never given me a problem, and is very reliable. LOVE THIS CAR!

Most luxury car

by from Hayward Ca on June 1, 2013

So far great car would recommend to others. My first luxury that I have purchased. There is a electrical problem. That I will take the car to dealer to have checked out.

To expensive to have repairs done

by from on July 20, 2012

Love the looks of these cars. Owned one for years, until it got older cost so much to have anything worked on!!!!!!

A classic ride

by from Orlando, FL on October 27, 2006

This is my third Jaguar and the best I've owned. The ride, power, and looks are classic Jaguar; powerful yet refined. The plusses: Superb handling Excellent performance Beautiful design Ergonometrics Almost zero noise The minuses: Costs to maintain fragile cup holders Disappointing leather wear on driver seat

timebomb

by from holland,mi on October 24, 2010

bought a beautiful 2000 xj8l w/78000 miles. within 1st year of ownership i had almost 5000$ in repairs, windshield wiper motor relay went out, vacuum canister went bad, spark plug /valve cover gaskets leaked,timing chain tensioner broke causing bent valves. love jags but would never own another one.