2001 Jaguar Xj 8

Not as fussy as I've heard

by from Lexington, KY on November 14, 2011

I needed a large sedan for soccer carpool. An SUV was a hard pill to swallow after a string of high performance roadsters, so I set my sights on the jaguar. Having owned German cars for the past 10 years, I was a bit spoiled but this rude is DeLuxe! It was on my list of cars I'd like to own someday. A great choice. Sit in the car and the seat starts to cradle you, the pre-set options are amazing. Stereo, cruise, temp control--every last detail is Spot-on! Leather is sumptuous, rides like butter! I've put 10K miles on it in a few months with only a few hiccups. The Jag's reputation made me a bit nervous, however, I'm a happy driver. The downfall: thinking I'd be ok with a little mess from the kids rolling in and out after muddy practice. This car is too nice for taxi service. Oh, one more thing--if you like to drive around with a Big Gulp, the upholders won't accommodate more than a small Starbucks Earl Grey. ;)

A Beautiful Classic!

by from Lansing, MI on June 4, 2012

A true Beautiful classic! Smooth ride, great looks, reliable. Regular maintenance. No issues or problems with this car.

Best-kept secret!

by from Los Angeles CA on December 9, 2015

For what was an $80,000 car when new, this is an incredible amount of car for the money today. Every conceivable option for its day (don't expect the navigation to be up to 2015 standards though), a level of comfort that IS up to 2015 standards, brisk performance, excellent ride quality and handling and surprisingly frugal fuel economy. It looks more like the classic Jaguar era than the new generation, and that's not a bad thing. The new cars are amazing but lifeless in appearance. For the price of a used Camry, you can ensconce yourself in opulence and luxury, which will remain long after the Camry is "just a used Toyota."

rides better performs better than my 2007 sts cad

by from Butte on March 22, 2011

great a realsportycar had a 66 ford fairlane torfeo aurora and i can truthfully say I am satisfied with my new 2001 jaguar

gREAT cAR TO rESTORE!

by from Hobe Sound,Fl. on September 3, 2017

This was such a great car and I stopped driving it when I got another car for work. Unfortunately I let it sit but it was SUCH a great running car when I used it it is either worth restoring or great for parts!

You are surrounded with Luxury

by from Kemah, Texas on September 21, 2017

I bought a 2004 XJ8 after my XJ6 was flooded in Harvey and I absolutely love it. It is truly a long distance traveling car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury car. One of my friends ask why I didn't buy a new Nissan instead. My answer was "Why would I do something stupid like that."

Uses car for Havingfun

My gift becomes a headache

by from Orlando, FL on November 9, 2017

This Jaguar is a beautiful car. Runs great. There were some cosmetic things that the dealer should take care of them, there's a monster woman there that after you buy the car, will make your life miserable.

Uses car for Transportingfamily