2003 XJR

5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2003 Jaguar XJR?

Everyone Loves this car

by Jagman Jim from Central New Jersey on Thu Aug 24 2006

People and friends are stunned by the classic lines, beauty, burled wood and Connelly leather trim all over. Every day, I see or hear an admiring confirmation. That's just the beginning. The performance is just outstanding and efforless. Off ramps, add another 20 mph without drama. Charge everywhere with safety and margine. Bought '03 XJR Black with 50K. for $ 25k. Put on 8K , no problems. Turned off Traction Control, Floored it, did 40Ft smokey burn out in my friends long driveway before I had to get out of it for a bend. What a hoot. Only complaint is the tires P Zero's ride real hard on imperfections and crash thru steering column sometimes. Go with Avon, Cont. or Kuhmo for better ride & longevity. The most fun, rewarding and best quality I've owned. The looks & style are just stunning when all washed, waxed and detailed. Had 3 Q-45's in a row before. Best suited to savvy enthusiasts. Average 20 MPH when mostly highway at 75-80. Electonic gas milage off. Do the math.

Great buy is a performance sedan

by Third generation Jaguar owner from Tucson, AZ on Sat Jun 24 2006

The rapid loss of value in Jaguar sedans has been a great thing for me. I have had the vehicle for seven thousand miles so far, having purchased it with 28000 miles on it. I have had no problems so far and really like the car. It is really fast, handles really well, and is a head turner. I have the Brembo Brake option. It stops the car on a dime. The only drawback so far is that when it is time to replace the rotors, the dealer wants $3,200 for them. They are available for $1,300 from some parts wherehouses, if you want to do them yourself. I have replaced the pads, and want to do the rotors when it is time because there is no cooler braking system made. It does eat rear tires, presumably because of the supercharger. Don't hit any curbs, as the BBS Milan wheels are expensive and hard to find.

Great value

by John from Tucson on Sun Jan 20 2008

I own two XJRs, a 1999 and a 2003. The 2003 is a better car with better features. Both are really fun to drive and were great values. The Brembo option on the 2003 will cost a bundle at brake changeout time. Both have been very reliable, with nothing going wrong on either one in the past three years. Tire options are very limited. Overall, these are great cars for the money.

No better powerful luxury car for the dollar

by XJR R! from Alameda, CA on Wed Aug 06 2008

I ended up prefering the 18 245 45 tires but other then that I am more then happy. Get the R1 package it is a whole different car.

by car dealer from Fairmont, MN. on Tue Apr 26 2011

I have a 2003 Jaguar XJR. The car is awsome. It has 370 HP so there is plenty of power if you want. The interior is very attractive with heated seats front and back. The styling is very nice. It is a head when your driveing. I just love the car and all it features.

At last!

by Clippa from TN on Mon Aug 20 2018

I can?t really speak to the reliability just yet since I just bought the car. However, so far I am over the moon with this car. I have wanted one of these XJ?s for 20 years. And getting the XJR is like winning the lottery! I love everything about it. The fit and finish are just excellent. The car has no bad angles. Simply beautiful. I?ve never driven a car with so much power and the handling is just effortless. The ride in the XJR is a little bit harsher than a base XJ8 or Vanden Plas but it still rides better than any other car I?ve ever owned and I have owned a LOT of other cars in my life. I?m so glad I found this one as they are getting hard to find in good condition. I get so many thumbs up and people just stare at it when you go through a parking lot at a store. I guess it?s because you just don?t see them anymore and the wheels on the XJR really make it stand out. I have the original window sticker and this car was over 70k when new! If I get my way this will be the last car I ever own. I am going to baby it.