2003 Jaguar Xjr

Everyone Loves this car

by from Central New Jersey on August 24, 2006

People and friends are stunned by the classic lines, beauty, burled wood and Connelly leather trim all over. Every day, I see or hear an admiring confirmation. That's just the beginning. The performance is just outstanding and efforless. Off ramps, add another 20 mph without drama. Charge everywhere with safety and margine. Bought '03 XJR Black with 50K. for $ 25k. Put on 8K , no problems. Turned off Traction Control, Floored it, did 40Ft smokey burn out in my friends long driveway before I had to get out of it for a bend. What a hoot. Only complaint is the tires P Zero's ride real hard on imperfections and crash thru steering column sometimes. Go with Avon, Cont. or Kuhmo for better ride & longevity. The most fun, rewarding and best quality I've owned. The looks & style are just stunning when all washed, waxed and detailed. Had 3 Q-45's in a row before. Best suited to savvy enthusiasts. Average 20 MPH when mostly highway at 75-80. Electonic gas milage off. Do the math.

Great buy is a performance sedan

by from Tucson, AZ on June 24, 2006

The rapid loss of value in Jaguar sedans has been a great thing for me. I have had the vehicle for seven thousand miles so far, having purchased it with 28000 miles on it. I have had no problems so far and really like the car. It is really fast, handles really well, and is a head turner. I have the Brembo Brake option. It stops the car on a dime. The only drawback so far is that when it is time to replace the rotors, the dealer wants $3,200 for them. They are available for $1,300 from some parts wherehouses, if you want to do them yourself. I have replaced the pads, and want to do the rotors when it is time because there is no cooler braking system made. It does eat rear tires, presumably because of the supercharger. Don't hit any curbs, as the BBS Milan wheels are expensive and hard to find.

Great value

by from Tucson on January 20, 2008

I own two XJRs, a 1999 and a 2003. The 2003 is a better car with better features. Both are really fun to drive and were great values. The Brembo option on the 2003 will cost a bundle at brake changeout time. Both have been very reliable, with nothing going wrong on either one in the past three years. Tire options are very limited. Overall, these are great cars for the money.

No better powerful luxury car for the dollar

by from Alameda, CA on August 6, 2008

I ended up prefering the 18 245 45 tires but other then that I am more then happy. Get the R1 package it is a whole different car.

2003 Jaguar XJR

by from Fairmont, MN. on April 26, 2011

I have a 2003 Jaguar XJR. The car is awsome. It has 370 HP so there is plenty of power if you want. The interior is very attractive with heated seats front and back. The styling is very nice. It is a head when your driveing. I just love the car and all it features.