1994 XJS

1994 Jaguar XJS

$626 - $22,186  MSRP Range
1994 Jaguar XJS

5 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have you driven the 1994 Jaguar XJS?

Convertible Chick Magnet

by PSKITTY from Palm Springs on Wed Aug 21 2013

People stop, point, come up to me in parking lots and at red lights. I mean, it's hard to believe, but true. All that chrome over all the wheels, grill and back bumper, I have the spoiler as well, and whoa, brand new cars go by, no one looks. They're a dime a dozen. She's almost a classic - Jan 1st, and then I'm selling her to the next happy camper. I've owned some nice cars over the years but nothing ever came close to this one in any way. Gayle

1994 XJS 6.0 Convertible

by The Realtor from Rancho Cucamonga, CA on Sun May 16 2010

I've owned my XJS for nearly 2 years now. I use it as a daily driver and I have never enjoyed a car as much as I enjoy this car. I've owned 34 cars and for me to make this statement says a lot. That big 6.0 V12 engine delivers power and performance at a drop of a hat. The sleek style always turns heads and generates comments of appreciation. I often drive thru neighborhoods where kids and teenagers are out and about. They always seem to stop in their tracks to admire this car as it cruises by. The expressions are as if they have never seen a Jag XJS before. Although, perhaps that's true. I think I may be the XJS owner in my town since I've never seen another one around here. The interior is a little tight to get into, but once you're seated, it's quite comfortable. The back seat has no leg room for anyone over the age of 9. I have put my two little kids in the back seat, but I had to adjust my front seat up closer to the steering wheel which wasn't quite as comfortable as I would have liked. This car does not come with cup holders which is the worst thing I can say about the car. However, British Wood Works makes a custom center console with stainless steel cup holders. I have in stalled this custom console and am very pleased with it. The car has been very dependable and virtually maintenance free. This is the last of the big Cats and I am a proud owner of this daily driver and will likely have it for many years to come.

Best and fastest car I have ever owned.

by Jag lover from Sterling Heights,MI on Sat Dec 19 2009

A car that is criminally underated.I drove the car two thousand miles in a ten day period and averaged 20 miles per gallon on the highway at relatively high speeds and the car ran beautifully,Acceleration and passing were awesome for a 15 year old automobile.I plan to keep this car for a long time.

Reliable and fun weekend car

by chicagoXJS from Chicago, IL on Sat Sep 23 2017

I've had the 1994 XJS 4.0L six cylinder for about five years and it's been surprisingly reliable as an occasional driver. I've only had to do some work on the water pump, and the model has proven to be worry-free, especially with historic issues regarding electronics, or other quirks. It's been a great value for the money and there are plenty of well-cared for models on the market. Just do your homework to ensure you acquire one that's been given plenty of TLC over the years and you'll have lots of enjoyment!

Fun to drive, feel like a luxury race driver!

by LakeWater Jag from Crane Hill, Alabama on Thu Nov 02 2017

Powerful Luxury! very nice to drive. Felt like a queen the whole way. Love the top down for nice days drive in the country!

Our Luxury Baby, Has Never disappointed us!

by LakeWater Jag from Crane Hill, Alabama on Thu Nov 02 2017

This car is like riding in heaven, holds the road like a pro racing car with the glide of a soft luxury car. Engine reminds me of a tiger roar when we start it up, then quiets down for a smooth quiet ride. We always get looks and stares and a crowd when we stop to park in town. Love this car, but drive it very little now that we live in the country... It was Dad's land speed boat, now he is gone and the car needs a new owner to love it, polish it and enjoy the ride!

Our Take on the 1994 Jaguar XJS

Time is running out for a very special Jaguar.

Although the XJS grand touring coupe and convertible will be back for the 1995 model year, neither car will be available with a five-speed manual transmission.

That's how this week's test car came equipped. And let me tell you something: If you yearn for the days when Jaguar built real sports cars - cats that would leap from 0 to 60 mph in 6.8 seconds - you might want to hustle down to your local Jaguar dealer and see what the XJS with its German built five-speed can do.

Like me, you might be shocked.

The XJS always has been an exceptionally smooth and somewhat-quick grand touring machine. But a souped-up Camaro or Mustang could easily leave it at... Read More